Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:35:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Papal Address Confirming Evolution
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Papal Address Confirming Evolution  (Read 20828 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: September 13, 2003, 06:30:51 PM »

A priest was walking along the school corridor near the pre-school wing when a group a little ones were trotting by on the way to the cafeteria. One little lad of about three or four stopped and looked at him in his clerical clothes and asked, "Why do you dress funny?" He told him that he was a priest and that this is the uniform priests wear.

Then he pointed to the priest's little plastic collar insert and asked, "Does it hurt? Do you have a boo-boo?" The priest was perplexed till he realized that to him the collar insert looked like a band-aid.

So the priest took it out to show him. On the back of the collar are raised letters giving the name of the manufacturer. The little guy felt the letters, and the priest asked, "Do you know what those words say?"

"Yes I do," said the lad who was not old enough to read. Peering intently at the letters he said, "It says, kills ticks and fleas up to six months!" Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2003, 06:37:43 PM »

No, I don't know the story.
Then read between the lines, but learn to do it with at least a modicum of intelligence.

I have sensed from your posts that you are not born again
Fortunately, it's not your opinion that will count.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2003, 06:38:05 PM »

Since the majority of Catholics live in places like Brazil, I doubt anyone here as the faintest idea how well informed they are.

I feel this thread is getting worn out, but utterly stupid posts like this don't help.

Also someone said, probably Tibby, 5020, how many Catholics do you know?  Well, unlike some people on this thread (on both sides of the issue), I am not throwing unsupported accusations.  I know many Catholics.  I live close to the Mexico border, and the 2000 Census demographics say that 84% of the area claims to belong to the Roman Catholic "church".  As you can tell, I've also done much research on the subject.  I hope this helps, Tibby.

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: September 13, 2003, 06:41:13 PM »

I have sensed from your posts that you are not born again
Fortunately, it's not your opinion that will count.

I believe they are "judging by your fruit."  Bad fruit, bad tree.  Good fruit, good tree.  Since I've encountered you on this forum, you have fought against every single biblical principle you have found.

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 13, 2003, 07:00:51 PM »

Since the majority of Catholics live in places like Brazil, I doubt anyone here as the faintest idea how well informed they are.

I feel this thread is getting worn out, but utterly stupid posts like this don't help.
Why was that an utterly stupid post?

Also someone said, probably Tibby, 5020, how many Catholics do you know?  Well, unlike some people on this thread (on both sides of the issue), I am not throwing unsupported accusations.  I know many Catholics.  I live close to the Mexico border, and the 2000 Census demographics say that 84% of the area claims to belong to the Roman Catholic "church".  As you can tell, I've also done much research on the subject.  I hope this helps, Tibby.
So, perhaps you can tell us how many "average" mexicans you've interviewed.

I would also like to point out that, despite what one might think, Catholism varies substantially between countries.  To give a 1st world example, you'd get a very different response to questions of peoples understanding if you did the same survey in Ireland and Italy (both very Catholic countries).  I imagine the same would be true in the 3rd world countries: Mexico, Brazil, Africa and Asia may all be very different.  If you've done so much research, perhaps you can enlighten us - with evidence rather than assertion please.

I believe they are "judging by your fruit."  Bad fruit, bad tree.  Good fruit, good tree.
Looks more like confusing pears for bad, mishappen apples to me.

Since I've encountered you on this forum, you have fought against every single biblical principle you have found.
Disagreeing with you doesn't make my views unbiblical.

Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: September 13, 2003, 07:09:24 PM »

Being a full-time missionary for two years, I would have to guess somewhere between one and two thousand.
I didn't say disagreeing with me.  I said disagreeing with every Biblical principle.  In other words, there's basically two "teams" (for lack of better term) on CU Forums:  Christians and non-Christians.  In every thread, your posts are always with the non-Christians.

Mr. 5020
---------------
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 13, 2003, 07:29:53 PM »

Being a full-time missionary for two years, I would have to guess somewhere between one and two thousand.
In that case, I acknowledge that you probably do have a better understanding of what the average Catholic believes - at least in Mexico.  Providing, of course, you've taken the time to understand the Catholic "language" better than many of the posters here.

I didn't say disagreeing with me.  I said disagreeing with every Biblical principle.  In other words, there's basically two "teams" (for lack of better term) on CU Forums:  Christians and non-Christians.  In every thread, your posts are always with the non-Christians.
In this thread I'm not siding with non-Christians - I'm siding with a Catholic Christian.
If it's true on average there could be any number of reasons, for example:
1.  non-Christians are siding with me, not the other way around.
2.  I don't bother to post on threads where I agree with the majority
3.  I like to contraversial
4.  Christians on this board are not representative of the wider Christian world.
5.  I forgot to check-in my brain when I signed up
etc

Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: September 13, 2003, 07:36:56 PM »

In that case, I acknowledge that you probably do have a better understanding of what the average Catholic believes - at least in Mexico.  Providing, of course, you've taken the time to understand the Catholic "language" better than many of the posters here.
Like I already stated.
I forgot to check-in my brain when I signed up
Not sure of the point, but still funny.

Since you've kinda become my friendly rival (or that's what I've been told), ebia, how do you post a picture in a post?

Mr. 5020
---------------
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 13, 2003, 08:52:18 PM »

Well Ebia and Tibby, I'm sorry that my concern for your salvation and whether the teachings of your church are biblical, bother you. Since you can't receive it with love, you distrust my motives. For that, there is nothing I can do.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: September 13, 2003, 09:07:33 PM »

Heidi- to your post on the last page- If you are saying “You can’t ride on your parents coat tails to heaven” I agree. If you are saying we HAVE to have a magic moment where you ask god and he comes into your heart, then I’d have to disagree very, very strongly.
To your concern for our salvation- You heart is in the right place, at least.
To your concern for out church teachings- as someone who thinks we Worship Mary, the Pope, and the Law, I don’t know your teachings are your business.

Knox- No kidding

A4C- I love it! Lol, I’ll pass that along to a ew Preist I know will get a kick out of it. I preferred the one about the 3 guys walking into a bar, one was a priest… you know the rest  Wink

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Knox

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 13, 2003, 09:43:49 PM »

A Minister, a Priest, and a Rabbi walk into a bar.

The bartender looks at them and says, "What is this, some kind of joke"?
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: September 13, 2003, 09:52:00 PM »

lol, I forget that one. Accually it was the "A rapist, a preist and a petafil walk into the bar... and that's just the first guy"

I know, I know, but I couldn't help my self.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 13, 2003, 10:58:21 PM »

Since you've kinda become my friendly rival (or that's what I've been told), ebia, how do you post a picture in a post?
eh?  Huh

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 14, 2003, 01:03:21 AM »

I don't agree that the teachings of the Catholic church are none of my business. Whose business are they? Just the Catholics? Why do they not want others to know what they're teaching?
Knox

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2003, 02:00:41 AM »

I don't agree that the teachings of the Catholic church are none of my business. Whose business are they? Just the Catholics? Why do they not want others to know what they're teaching?

You can't be serious. The RCC is the largest Christian organization on the planet. They are not a secret organization. There are any number of places you can go to find out what their doctrines are. The fact is that anyone who wants to know will find that Catholics are eager and willing to tell them. The Catholic church in your neighborhood probably offers classes. Meanwhile, haven't you about beat this to death?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the