Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:28:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Papal Address Confirming Evolution
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Papal Address Confirming Evolution  (Read 20810 times)
sunodino

People get ready, there's a train a comin' !

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2003, 09:27:57 PM »

It never fails to amaze me when anti-Catholic bigots on the internet try to discredit the Roman Catholic Church by bringing up material from 500 years ago, like "The Inquisition".
"anti-catholic bigots?
If you had read the postings you would understand that it is not about bigotry, but about the pagan practices that are contrary to the BIBLE.

Paul wrote, 2 Tim 3:5, 13
5  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
13  But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

and to clarify
Rom 1:16  For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

The RCC denies scripture in favor of pagan tradition, and yes lots of it they are proud to say is over 500 years old!  But the Bible, which they twist, IS THE POWER.

Who was it in the United States that bought and sold human beings, and treated them as beasts of burden? Protestant Christians. The Southern Baptist Convention was founded in 1845 for the express purpose of defending the institution of slavery. They also opposed the Civil Rights initiatives of the 1950's and 1960's.

So you found a way to bring in bigotry against blacks by S. Baptist etc.  

Start a new thread.  Doesn't belong here. This was a logical discussion about RCC. Theological stuff - ya know?

The point is that no responsible Protestant Christian today would be involved in the murder of anybody, just as no responsible Roman Catholic would torture or kill any supposed heretic. Nobody is asking you guys to join the Roman Catholic Church. You don't care for their style of worship, so be it. They are not responsible for something that happend half a millenium ago.

The POINT  is that there is a list of paganistic practices you so smoothly refer to as "style of worship" that are contrary to BIBLE theology.  The list was printed twice in this thread, like worship of Mary, prayers TO and FOR DEAD people, idolatry of medals, relics, statues, etc.

The Point also, is this is a site for theological discussion.  If you can't discuss it here, in christians united, then where?
 Huh

Sunodino travails...
For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? Romans 11:15
Knox

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2003, 10:40:45 PM »

The POINT  is that there is a list of paganistic practices you so smoothly refer to as "style of worship" that are contrary to BIBLE theology.  The list was printed twice in this thread, like worship of Mary, prayers TO and FOR DEAD people, idolatry of medals, relics, statues, etc.

Uh, yeah, sunodino, I saw the list. Standard, garden variety Catholic bashing, based on misunderstandings, half-truths, misinformation, and outright lies. Nothing new that I haven't seen countless times, ad nauseum, on the internet. How many forums have you done this on, have Catholics patiently  explain their position to you, then you move on and repeat the process? It's tiresome and kinda boring. And mean-spirited, I think.

sunodino

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2003, 11:45:12 PM »

Uh, yeah, sunodino, I saw the list. Standard, garden variety Catholic bashing, based on misunderstandings, half-truths, misinformation, and outright lies. Nothing new that I haven't seen countless times, ad nauseum, on the internet. How many forums have you done this on, have Catholics patiently  explain their position to you, then you move on and repeat the process? It's tiresome and kinda boring. And mean-spirited, I think.

Garden variety? Can you explain to me the dogma that does not line up with Scripture?  That is all I am asking for.  And NO I have not been all over the internet about this. I did not start this thread.  Someone asked a simple question about the POPE'S CONFIRMATION OF EVOLUTION, another anti-biblical doctrine.  Not trying to be MEAN spirited.  I think you are just offended.  Sorry bout that.

Sunodino travails...
For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? Romans 11:15
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2003, 02:06:02 AM »

First off, Knox, well written rant above. I doubt many of them will acknowledge it, but now, we can just quote you every time they bring it up. They can waste their energy posting the same lies over and over, but as for me, I’m just going to quote you

The Point also, is this is a site for theological discussion.  If you can't discuss it here, in Christians united, then where?
 Huh

Good question. Since we are not welcome here and all. The pagans we are.

Can you explain to me the dogma that does not line up with Scripture?

Other then most of the dogma does. You haven’t proven otherwise. We have asked you to several times, but you do not.

I think you are just offended.

Ya think? Lets recap, we have been accused of:

Paganism
Heresy
Turning a blind eye
Idolism
Nazis

And this would offend someone? NO WAY! Your joshing me! You THINK he was just offended?

Heidi, sunodino, go play somewhere else. Leave the anti-Catholicism to the Pros. Petro, Saved, John and Baptist. You guys just suck all the fun out of running in circles! Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Corpus
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2003, 08:31:36 AM »

sunny,

The real point is that many of us on these boards have already been over and over these issues. Not that they aren't important, but watching someone relatively new step in and start ranting about the pagan, succubi-spawn, heretical Catholic church just doesn't have the 'tang' you think it does, and quite frankly isn't likely to generate the type of responses you'd like to see. Though I hesitate to speak for Tibby and Knox, the typical reaction upon reading a post like yours is an exasperated sigh with a reticence to respond given how often we've done so in the past. Not that you should know this given how recently you began posting, but to sum up..

Been there. Done that.

Now the Nazi thing, THAT was new and exciting. But let's face it, all it really needed was a bit of sound historical background and the whole controversy floundered.

Cheers.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2003, 08:46:55 AM »

Knox, your defense of the catholics shows me that you and catholics have more in common than Christians and catholics do. Because Christians believe in Christ. Catholics believe in catholics.
sunodino

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2003, 09:47:42 AM »

Who said that?

Other then most of the dogma does. You haven’t proven otherwise. We have asked you to several times, but you do not.
I quoted from the Catholic Encyc. and the Bible, that these practices still exist, but so what? It is just a discussion.

Ya think? Lets recap, we have been accused of:

Paganism
Heresy
Turning a blind eye
Idolism
Nazis

And this would offend someone? NO WAY! Your joshing me! You THINK he was just offended?

Sorry
Heidi, sunodino, go play somewhere else. Leave the anti-Catholicism to the Pros. Petro, Saved, John and Baptist. You guys just suck all the fun out of running in circles! Grin

I don't think so.  Why don't you? Is that how you handle problems, vote them off the island?  Too much reality TV.  

Sunodino travails...
sunodino

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2003, 09:54:02 AM »

sunny,

The real point is that many of us on these boards have already been over and over these issues. Not that they aren't important, but watching someone relatively new step in and start ranting about the pagan, succubi-spawn, heretical Catholic church just doesn't have the 'tang' you think it does, and quite frankly isn't likely to generate the type of responses you'd like to see. Though I hesitate to speak for Tibby and Knox, the typical reaction upon reading a post like yours is an exasperated sigh with a reticence to respond given how often we've done so in the past. Not that you should know this given how recently you began posting, but to sum up..

Been there. Done that.

Now the Nazi thing, THAT was new and exciting. But let's face it, all it really needed was a bit of sound historical background and the whole controversy floundered.

Cheers.

I see, you are bored with it, but I did not pose the original question in this thread, "think we need a new Pope since he has confirmed Evolution?"

I jumped in on it, I see  lots of responses here besides mine, including yours, so I don't think it was a "sigh" and a yawn.  

Heidi, don't let them scare you away! Sad    These oldtimers can get pretty tough.

The subject has been pretty much exhausted.  See ya!

Sunodino travails...
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2003, 09:58:49 AM »

We all will, of course, respond to the topic to the degree that we're interested or not interested, so I see no problem.
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2003, 10:40:13 AM »

Really.................

Ok, I was referring to the fact that this 8 or 9 page thread was started due to a spam.  That's all.  Try not to bash the people on your team.  It's a quick and easy way to not have a team.

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2003, 11:04:42 AM »

Mr. 5020, actually I wasn't really responding to your post. I was just making a general comment about the thread. I believe at times it gets exhausting. But then sometimes a new idea will be posted that renews my interest. I truly apologize if you felt that I was discounting what you said. I was trying to elaborate on it and I obviously didn't do a very good job. But i don't believe I bashed you in any way. I hope you don't see this as a team. All of us agree with some things and not others that all of us say.  The important thing is that we are united in CHRIST and are searching for the truth. I expect there will be times when another born again Christian will disagree with me and I with him. It's not a put down of each of us as a person, just different viewpoints from which we learn. But thanks for pointing out your feelings. When I look at my post next to yours it does look like a response to yours. I'll try to be more sensitive in the future. Thanks.
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2003, 11:08:21 AM »

Mr. 5020, actually I wasn't really responding to your post. I was just making a general comment about the thread. I believe at times it gets exhausting. But then sometimes a new idea will be posted that renews my interest. I truly apologize if you felt that I was discounting what you said. I was trying to elaborate on it and I obviously didn't do a very good job. But i don't believe I bashed you in any way. I hope you don't see this as a team. All of us agree with some things and not others that all of us say.  The important thing is that we are united in CHRIST and are searching for the truth. I expect there will be times when another born again Christian will disagree with me and I with him. It's not a put down of each of us as a person, just different viewpoints from which we learn. But thanks for pointing out your feelings. When I look at my post next to yours it does look like a response to yours. I'll try to be more sensitive in the future. Thanks.

I wasn't talking to you Heidi.  No apology necessary.

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2003, 11:23:17 AM »

Oh, sorry. Sometimes it' so easy to misread posts. I, for one can't access happy faces on my keyboard because the control functions aren't working right. I know i should take it in to be fixed but I haven't taken the time. That's why i haven't tried to use the quote option. I'm sure if i could do that, my posts would be less ambiguous. Actually I'm just assuming the quote button won't work. Maybe if i gave it a try, I would find out. Duh! Happy face. Keep up the good work, Mr. 5020!
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2003, 03:36:48 PM »

Come on, guys, it is 9-11. For the Catholic, Protestants, and Atheists that died 2 years ago to this day, and those who have died since, lets give it a rest.

Who said that?

Read through the thread again.

I quoted from the Catholic Encyc. and the Bible, that these practices still exist, but so what? It is just a discussion.

You have yet to quote either in a manner that would prove they are unbiblical.

I don't think so.  Why don't you? Is that how you handle problems, vote them off the island?  Too much reality TV.  

1. The smiley face is there for a reason, it is there so you will not take the statement to seriously.

2. How do we handle our problems? According to you, we burn our problems at the steak and cut them in hafe. Though You have yet to show me where it is in the Catechism, and/or where of the bible say that is wrong. Not saying it isn’t, just saying you haven’t proven it yet. The Catechism is numbered, as is the bible, Finding some good prove using Catholic literature seems easy enough. Why you have not done so is beyond me.

3. You seem more then happy to vote Catholics out of Christianity.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2003, 04:08:07 PM by Tibby » Logged

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2003, 04:02:17 PM »

Nobody can "vote" Catholics out of Christianity. They are either Christians or they're not regardless of what any human being says. It's like a vote of whether God exists and the majority wins. The fact that you identify yourself as a Catholic before you identify yourself as a Christian, Tibby, shows where your attachments lie.

What kinds of posts show respect to the dead and which ones don't? Who decides? Jesus said "Let the dead bury the dead." I can respect and feel remorse for the 911 victims whnever i feel remorse for them, not just because I'm told to. If you want to give this topic a rest today, you're certainly entitled to.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the