Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:17:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Papal Address Confirming Evolution
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Papal Address Confirming Evolution  (Read 20658 times)
ProfessionalPerson

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2003, 08:26:09 AM »

Recently the pope made an address confirming the existence of evolution (this can be found at my link if u are not familiar with it). He did not, however, give anything as to the relation of Jesus Christ in this address. Do we need a new pope.

---link deleted---
« Last Edit: September 05, 2003, 03:33:44 PM by admin » Logged
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2003, 09:44:22 AM »

How can the pope confirm anything about our creation? He wasn't there. I've never believed the pope is a born again Christian. In fact, the only Catholics who I know are born again Christians have left the Catholic church. I'm sure there are still some in there but it's rare.

Catholics worship the church, the virgin Mary and the law. That is pharisiacal. Jesus said that many will knock at the door saying, "I ate and drank with you. I preached in your street and cast out demons in your name." But when the owner of the house closes the door, He will say "I never knew you." This can only apply to "professed believers" who have no personal relationship with Christ. The world is inundated with them. Most of the church-going community in the world are not real Christians. But this was all prophesied.
Corpus
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2003, 09:53:29 AM »

Um...Heidi?

The post is a ruse. Nobody's replying to it because the author didn't post to discuss. Check out the link.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2003, 10:04:54 AM »

Oh, sorry. It was just a nice vehicle for me to express my views about the Catholic church. Thanks for the info.
Corpus
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2003, 10:27:35 AM »

And you do a fine job of it...
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2003, 01:20:20 PM »

Just proves again that Catholicism has nothing to do with Christianity.  And ProPerson, if you're a Catholic, you don't need a new pope, you need a new religion.

NOTE:  Try Christianity.

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Corpus
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2003, 02:40:01 PM »

Now I don't know about THAT. I haven't seen anything yet in this thread that really proves it has nothing to do with Christianity.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2003, 02:55:51 PM »

People click on the link before you rant, PLEASE! This is what we on the internet like to call SPAM. The link leads to a game online. This game adds one extra person to his army every time you click the link. Go a head, click the link. The upper right hand corner click the "Report this Spammer" link and report him for wasting out time.

As for Catholics, please, learn about them before you blindly charge in and attack them. Heidi, I normally like your posts, but this one I disagree with. Catholics do not worship Mary or any other saint. Some cults do, by True Catholics do not. Church do not worship the law, either. The Law is a formality we have so that things do not get out of hand. The law this there to keep people from forming cult that worship Mary, and other things of this nature.

You are right, Most of the church-going community in the world are not real Christians. But, that encompasses more then just Catholics.

And you had one more thing incorrect. You said you don't know any Born again Catholics still in the Catholic Church? You are wrong, you're talking to 2 of them on this thread.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2003, 03:12:15 PM »

People click on the link before you rant, PLEASE! This is what we on the internet like to call SPAM. The link leads to a game online. This game adds one extra person to his army every time you click the link. Go a head, click the link. The upper right hand corner click the "Report this Spammer" link and report him for wasting out time.

I saw that, but I just thought he was too stupid to realize that he had the wrong link.  There are morons in this world you know.

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2003, 03:23:13 PM »

Now I don't know about THAT. I haven't seen anything yet in this thread that really proves it has nothing to do with Christianity.

I had a discussion with Tibby earlier, so I will post my argument there.

"For the Roman pontiff (pope), by reason of his office as VICAR OF CHRIST, and as pastor of the entire Church has full, supreme, and universal POWER over the whole Church, a power which he can always exercise UNHINDERED."  -Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1194, p. 254 #882
"We declare, say, define, and pronounce that it is absolutely NECESSARY FOR the SALVATION of every human creature to be SUBJECT TO THE ROMAN PONTIFF ."   -Pope Boniface VIII, BULL UNUM SANCTUM, 1302

Mr. 5020
---------------
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2003, 03:48:56 PM »

We are havign that discussion right now, lol.  Grin

as for your first quote: Are we not all representatives of Christ? Why is it so wrong to say he is a high ranking representative?

and second- The Vatican II corrected that.

As to both, I say look at the dates. The bible is here to stand for all times, it is the same yesterday, today, and forever, but the Dourine is here for the present time. You can’t not quote laws several centuries old and apply them to modern times. Would we use Traffic laws from 1302 to govern our roads? Of course not! The times where different. The laws are meant to be a guild for the people in the present time.

Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2003, 03:55:51 PM »

We are havign that discussion right now, lol.  Grin

as for your first quote: Are we not all representatives of Christ? Why is it so wrong to say he is a high ranking representative?

It says he is the "vicar of Christ".  As I explained to you, vicar means "substitute in office" (Webster's 1828 Dictionary).  To say he is Christ's substitute is heretical.  Christ doesn't need a substitute.

Quote from: Tibby
As to both, I say look at the dates. The bible is here to stand for all times, it is the same yesterday, today, and forever, but the Dourine is here for the present time. You can’t not quote laws several centuries old and apply them to modern times. Would we use Traffic laws from 1302 to govern our roads? Of course not! The times where different. The laws are meant to be a guild for the people in the present time.

If I say something that is not approved by the current Catholic church, let me know.

Mr. 5020
---------------
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2003, 04:07:31 PM »

i said that the only born again Catholics I know PERSONALLY are the ones who have left the church. But I also said i'm sure there are many IN the church, I just haven't met any. The Catholics believe we are saved when we are baptized. Most of the people I know who were baptized as infants don't know Christ personally. Also, if Catholics do things wrong, they are supposed to say several "Hail Mary's". Why? How is Mary going to atone for their sins? Also the PRIEST gives absolution. How can another human being have the power to take our sins away? That's why a lot of people call for a priest on their deathbed instead of looking up to Christ. I just feel that the institution of Catholicism is more important to catholics than Jesus Christ. That is idol worship. I also agree that the Catholic church is not the only church that places emphasis on works, sacriments, and laws more than on the salvation we get from Christ. The Lutherans are just as guilty. I haven't studied the Methodist or Prebytarian church as closely yet.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2003, 04:09:25 PM »

It says he is the "vicar of Christ".  As I explained to you, vicar means "substitute in office" (Webster's 1828 Dictionary).  To say he is Christ's substitute is heretical.  Christ doesn't need a substitute.

And as I explained to you: Your first problem is using a 1828 definition on a 1194 word. Your second is you are using a Secular definition on a Church word. Ask any Catholic, any priest, and he will tell you the truth of the word. Vicar isn't a replacement, he is a representative.  The Definitions the RCC uses is:

“A priest who acts for or represents another, often higher-ranking member of the clergy.”

You have to understand Catholicism to understand what Catholics think when “Vicar.” If I was the Vicar of a Bishop, and am representing him. If we are describing the Congressman of  the Southern Parts of Texas, we would call him a Vicar of Southern Texas.

If I say something that is not approved by the current Catholic church, let me know.

I did. You second quote is no longer approved, compliments of the Vatican II.

You know, we can always pos our chat script, might just been easier then repeating everything, wouldn’t it?  Grin

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2003, 04:40:06 PM »

i said that the only born again Catholics I know PERSONALLY are the ones who have left the church. But I also said I’m sure there are many IN the church, I just haven't met any. The Catholics believe we are saved when we are baptized.

That is simply not true. Protestants have Church splits over whither or not Baptist is required for salvation, and you condemn Catholics because you THINK they believe. Here is what the new advent, the biggest Catholic Site online, says about Salvation:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/13407a.htm

Read it carefully. They do talk about Baptism at the end. The process of being saved takes place before hand. Being Baptized is all part of the process. Baptism is for remission of sins, just as Paul talks about in Acts.

Most of the people I know who were baptized as infants don't know Christ personally. Also, if Catholics do things wrong, they are supposed to say several "Hail Mary's". Why? How is Mary going to atone for their sins?

This is not for Mary to forgive our sins. Before it attack this little poem, I’d advise reading it. We are asking Mary to Pray for us, as we do with all Saints. Now, there are cults that do worship Mary. Do not confuse them with the Catholic Church.

Also the PRIEST gives absolution. How can another human being have the power to take our sins away?

No, I refuse to get into a debate about Absolution here. This is a major topic that no one is going to agree on. If you want to still talk about this, PM me.

That's why a lot of people call for a priest on their deathbed instead of looking up to Christ. I just feel that the institution of Catholicism is more important to Catholics than Jesus Christ.

Keep on feeling that if you wish, but it is not correct. Now, there are Catholics who do hold the Church above God, unintentionally, of course, but they are existent, and, it is sad to say, they are a group of reasonable size. But the majority are in it for God.

That is idol worship. I also agree that the Catholic church is not the only church that places emphasis on works, sacriments, and laws more than on the salvation we get from Christ. The Lutherans are just as guilty. I haven't studied the Methodist or Prebytarian church as closely yet.

And Anglican/Episcopalian and Eastern Orthodox, and Baptist and Church of Christ and Almost every other denomination in the world is just as guilty as the RCC. The only ones that don’t have people who focus more on there laws them God are groups that have no laws, like the Pentecostal, for example. But I don't see a thing from with focusing on works, sacriments, and laws after we are saved. We are Saved, now it is time to live like a Christian, and that is where the works, sacriments, and laws come in.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the