Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:51:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Have you ever been "persecuted"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Have you ever been "persecuted"  (Read 3533 times)
Athanael

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2003, 01:11:42 PM »

I hear from both Christians and atheists that they get a lot of flack for their beliefs. I'm curious--has anyone on this forum had interesting persecution experiences?
preacherintraining

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2003, 04:12:00 PM »

Just by people on this board.
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2003, 01:52:45 PM »

C'mon, we as Americans don't have the slightest idea what religious persecution is.  Click here to visit Voice of the Martyrs.  There you can read about real persecution.

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2003, 03:53:30 PM »

I expect persecution for proclaiming God's word. Jesus prophesied that the world would reject us because of Him and again, He was right. I feel for my persecutors because they can't help themselves. All of us can only know what we know. Sometimes I feel lonely for my beliefs, but God gives me the strength to not take it personally. i guess I feel sadness and great sympathy for those who don't believe. Their search for the truth will never end until they accept Christ. Some may never find Him. If I get overwhelmed by too many God hating people, i seek the company of believers for a while.
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2003, 04:00:16 PM »

But really, this persecution is like, "They called me a bad name.  Waah!"

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Reba
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2003, 01:41:34 AM »

Have you ever been "persecuted"

Sure  I'm a preachers kid  Tongue

On a serious note. . .

Mr 5020,
C'mon, we as Americans don't have the slightest idea what religious persecution is.

You are correct.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2003, 01:42:10 AM by Reba » Logged
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2003, 04:20:37 PM »

I have been imprisoned for saving babies through Operation Rescue. But the time in the pokey was nothing! Knowing that there are children walking around;makes it was all worth it!

Today, people think if someone snubs you it's persecution! We don't have a clue.

As someone mentioned before check out The Voice of the Martyrs @ www.persecution.com. That is true persectuion.

Hopefully, people in America will wake up and smell the coffee, before we are living like our brothers and sisters in third world countries.

Psalm 119

ps I consider the fiasco with Judge Roy Moore to also be persecution; perpetuated by high officials in the government.
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2003, 03:27:30 AM »

No nothing as severe as losing my life or being injured, BUT I have lost a job and many friends because of my faith in Christ.

Again though this is nothing compared to some.  You could always argue that everything is relative but I won't.   Wink

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2003, 01:14:17 PM »

ps I consider the fiasco with Judge Roy Moore to also be persecution; perpetuated by high officials in the government.

“Judge” Moore brought that on him self. Anything for fame. I’m waiting for the book deal to come out, now. He can make more money as a NYT Best Seller then he ever would as a Judge. Not like he ever behaved like a Judge anyways.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2003, 10:28:42 PM »

Tibby,

You have been ill informed of the events that have transpired around the Ten Commandments controversy. I suggest you do your homework on the matter.

Or is is the real issue, that the Ten Commandments are offensive to you? Could it be, because they were written with the finger of God?

Judge Moore was an obscure man until the ACLU and Southern Poverty League came knocking.Had they just minded their own business, this never would have been publicized. These two godless groups just picked on the wrong person!

After forty years of continuing oppression by anti-Christ groups, God has raised up a man to say "No More".

I'm sorry you don't like God's choice; you will have to take the issue up with Him.

Psalm 119
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2003, 12:30:00 AM »

Here is all I need to know:

1. Secular Judges are sworn to uphold the law
2. When Secular Judges make this vow, he knows he will have to do things he doesn’t like, but it is part of the job as a Secular Judge.
3. The highest Secular law in the Secular land told him to remove a chunk of rock
4. The Secular Judge fought it every Secular way he knew how, and even though MILLIONS of Christians where praying for God to stop this, he didn’t.
5. The Secular Judge who swore to uphold the Secular law, broke the law.

You seem the believe that Judge Moore could not have possibly did it for fame because he was a nobody until the ACLU attacked him. Did you ever stop think that when the ACLU attacked him, he saw it as a chance to become famous?

Moore went through all the proper Channels, why did God not work though them? He has before, why hasn’t he interfered? You just have to ask your self why in this case. At the current moment, all Judge Moore has done is embarrasses Christians. Why does the ACLU fight though the courts, the legal way, while we have to break laws, and we still don't solve anything? Is that the way an All-powerful God wants it?

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2003, 01:58:19 AM »

I'm not gowing to judge Mr. Moore, however I would have to disagree with you Tibby.  You seem to be in a rather odd position to me.  You'll defend a secular sports star for cheating on his wife because he had a clean rep but when someone stands up for God he's out for money.  Do you know the term pessimist?

God does things in His own timing and not ours.  I think the issue is proving more of a point than some would admit.  More major news stations cover controversy then simple "boring law".  If Judge Moore had simply won through the courts it wouldn't get much attention.  However because there was such a ruckus over the issue everyone covered it.  Which way had more focus on the LORD?  You may still not agree but I doubt that the issue would have had much if any coverage had it gone over "legally".  I wonder Tibby what else would you simply bow out of because secular law told you to?  Judge Moore should and will have to deal with the consequences of the law because that is biblical but he should still do what is right before God.

Most gov't buildings have scripture quoted on the walls somewhere or even on the floor in the entrance to the buildings.  It is simply new modern revitionist history to pretend that God is not who we believe to be the ruler of this land.  I have even started to hear more ludicrous things such as Ben Franklin and the gang actually came up with our laws from the native americans.  Utter garbage but this is what I have heard told on tv as fact.

As the world turns I suppose.

twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2003, 02:20:07 AM »

Yo American sleepyheads(tm) :

9/11 ground zero is christian persecution

And the smoking debris of the once proud coastal cities of the US will also be cathegorised in that direction.

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2003, 02:25:19 AM »

And the smoking debris of the once proud coastal cities of the US will also be cathegorised in that direction.

Why would that be Christian persecution?  We were attacked because of our secular ways, and capitalism.

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2003, 04:48:32 AM »

Why would that be Christian persecution?  We were attacked because of our secular ways, and capitalism.
Smiley  I get to agree with Saved_4ever for a change!

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the