Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:53:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Terrible Question.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Terrible Question.  (Read 6131 times)
grebe

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2003, 10:12:23 AM »

lizmom, i didn't think your point was wishy-washy at all. I often feel a very bad Christian because though I believe God has saved me from the effects of my sin, I still sin, every single day. I like to think I might be a good Christian one day, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm a still sinning Christian, in sex and in other ways.

The promise of forgiveness is what keeps me going.
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2003, 01:11:41 PM »

lizmom, i didn't think your point was wishy-washy at all. I often feel a very bad Christian because though I believe God has saved me from the effects of my sin, I still sin, every single day. I like to think I might be a good Christian one day, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm a still sinning Christian, in sex and in other ways.

The promise of forgiveness is what keeps me going.

Nonetheless, sinning without repentance (which is not just asking for forgiveness) will cause God to remove His protective covering and allow Satan to have his way with you.  You are not in His will (1 Thessalonians 4:3).

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
grebe

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2003, 02:26:48 PM »

Nonetheless, sinning without repentance (which is not just asking for forgiveness) will cause God to remove His protective covering and allow Satan to have his way with you.  You are not in His will (1 Thessalonians 4:3).

Are you sure about this? Because it;s bad news for me if you are. I can think of quite a few sins that I did for a long time, not realising they were sins. It could be that tomorrow I will realise that something I'm still doing now is a sin. When I realise, then I can repent and ask for help in dealing with it, but for a long time I am doing sins without repenting.

And to be honest, though on a good day I can get over some sins, other ones come back over and over. I think I'm really not very good at avoiding sinning.
Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2003, 03:13:44 PM »

Are you sure about this? Because it;s bad news for me if you are. I can think of quite a few sins that I did for a long time, not realising they were sins. It could be that tomorrow I will realise that something I'm still doing now is a sin. When I realise, then I can repent and ask for help in dealing with it, but for a long time I am doing sins without repenting.

James 4:17
Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

"Who knows the good he ought to do..."  You didn't know you were sinning; therefore, you were not sinning.  This is also emphasized by the Apostle Paul.

Romans 7:7
What shall we say, then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, "Do not covet."

Are you sure about this?

Yes.  Smiley

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2003, 07:41:33 PM »

Hm, well, I'm thinking we might be a little off topic here.

Good to see you back, Ollie.

5020 is right.  Sinning leaves you open to Satan's attacks.  You no longer have that protective covering, grebe.

Let's see, but on the question of sinning, "My little children, I am writing this to you so that you may not sin; but if any one does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; and he is the expiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.  And by this we may be sure that we know him, if we keep his commandments."  I John 2:1-3

The rest of that chapter might be good here to read too.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2003, 08:20:30 PM »

Saved4Ever: Quote:
lizmom makes a good point.  In transition, one might be a "gay" Christian, I suppose...that is, coming to Jesus and out of his/her sin...

No actually it's a horrible point as I don't see anyone running around claiming to be a fornicating Christian or lying Christian.  Should we start little groups for each particular sin one has?  Last I checked there is a support group for sinners, it's called Church where saved sinners hear God's word and give honor and glory to him.  I don't talk about my past sins and harp on them.  If the LORD has cast them from out of his sight so should we.  Cast them away and bring glory to the LORD.  Tacking on a sinful title does nothing to glorify God but bring attention to a sin.  This isn't AA and the twelve steps program it's salvation of the soul and FREEING from sin.

Let's keep that in mind

Symphony:  Okay, Saved.  You got me on a technicality.  Uncle.

musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2003, 10:51:22 PM »

Gebe,
        My heart goes out to you, what ever it is you feel convictions for, its not too late to repent. Repent is to turn away from sin, to not repeat it anymore. And don't let failure keep you from trying again and again, God will be with you, give you new strength and forgiveness everyday. I honestly believe its when we stop trying that our hearts will get hardend. It the fact that we keep seeking the strength each day. Conviction is like a berometer inside of us, we get this little feeling or knowing that say I'm not so sure about this anymore, it was so much fun, or it seemed so right but something is nagging at you, then listen to that still small voice......God is getting your attention.
     Its so scarey When you take the "WHOLE" picture in, it can be overwhelming,...... you mean I can't, I have to give up, and that, and that, You mean I can't have anymore of that or that.....well how do I have any fun. (OK lets face some sin is fun, not right or Godly but the devil has his hooks in us). SO don't look at it at a big picture, take one step at a time, your conviciton is sex  at the moment,so work on that, continue in prayer, reading, attending church, and as new life pours into you, you'll be ready to put another sin behind you. Smoking could be next, or maybe the Lord really impresses upon you to give up drinking, I don't think there is a written in stone order to what God is going to ask of you. He knows our hearts, and what we need to rid ourselves of.
   Are you a Christian, then begin right now to not do what you know the Lord is telling you to do, yes its a struggle, overcoming sin is.... some are blessed and can do it so quickly, others can't. If your not a Christian or still question your salvation you need to confess and ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins, even when you didn't know they were sins. Ask Jesus in your heart, You believed he died for you, and raised back to life in 3 days. Pour your heart out to him friend. A begin immediatly finding a church family to help you. Don't let the devil lead you anymore. It will take some sacrifice on your part, get rid of friends that keep you in a life style that you know isn't of God. Who knows maybe some of your friends need a someone to take the first step to give them strength too.
BLessings,
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 05:58:14 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

musicllover
Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2003, 01:17:15 PM »

If 'liars' and 'fornicators' were an identifiable social grouping who had suffered centuries of persecution you might have a valid point. This is not the case however and therefore you argument is entirely spurious.

They have been suffering for centuries.  You just haven't been to hell to see them yet.

Mr. 5020
---------------
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2003, 05:15:28 PM »

Hmmmmm.
LdyBluEyez79

Luke 1:79

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2003, 05:28:19 PM »

No!! We should not wait until "they" have control.  If we allow them to continue in what they think is okay, then we are somewhat agreeing with them and saying it is okay.  We need to as a loving community, admonish their actions and give them counsel.  We all need and want discipline (even if "they" say they don't).  It is how we show we care.  If we let them do what they will--they will not know God's will.

If we don't say something--then we are guilty of their sin too.

I pray to God that we learn to compassionatly rebuke our brothers and sisters...And grow together.

There, but for the grace of God, go I.   Smiley
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2003, 05:47:48 PM »

Hmmmmm.
My sentiments exactly!

"And by this we may be sure that we know him, if we keep his commandments."  I John 2:1-3"

What does it mean to "keep His commandments"? Looks as if this requires some action on the part of man. It means repenting of lying, fornicating, all sinning. Grace is not license to sin. One must maintain him/herself in Christ. The Holy Spirits sword is there to cut deep into the hearts the will of God for His people.

If christians see acts of sin in public places, they are not required to challange these sins but withdraw from them, have no part of them, and that place. Christians are a group called out of the world and are not to be a part of the sinful world. To start a ruckus over sinful public acts would be putting oneself on the same level as the sinners.

Support your local Christian.
LdyBluEyez79

Luke 1:79

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2003, 06:08:16 PM »

Hmmmmm.
My sentiments exactly!

"And by this we may be sure that we know him, if we keep his commandments."  I John 2:1-3"

What does it mean to "keep His commandments"? Looks as if this requires some action on the part of man. It means repenting of lying, fornicating, all sinning. Grace is not license to sin. One must maintain him/herself in Christ. The Holy Spirits sword is there to cut deep into the hearts the will of God for His people.

If christians see acts of sin in public places, they are not required to challange these sins but withdraw from them, have no part of them, and that place. Christians are a group called out of the world and are not to be a part of the sinful world. To start a ruckus over sinful public acts would be putting oneself on the same level as the sinners.

I am still learning, please forgive me if I sound ingnorant.  But we should continue to ask questions right??  

Anywho..  So ollie.. by people admonishing other people to help us grow as a whole spirit would be walking in the councel of the ungodly?  And by not partaking in their counsel whatsoever would bless us even more?

I thought that even Jesus came down to save the unrighteous and sinners.  Did not He, himself, talk with them?..  (I understand that He did not "walk" with them though).. But He told people of how God wants us to be.

Please let me know on this...   Smiley

LdyBluEyez

There, but for the grace of God, go I.   Smiley
Reba
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2003, 06:52:06 PM »

Christians with homosexuality on there minds?  i wonder if the the homosexuals spend as much time thinking and tallking about christians?  

If i wrote a book   " what GOD has done for me" i doubt it would sell  much in the  christian book stores. . .

If i wrote a book    " the  sexy dirty sins of my life"  but i could sell a  bunch  in the  christian book stores.
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2003, 08:21:12 PM »

Hmmmmm.
My sentiments exactly!

I am still learning, please forgive me if I sound ingnorant.  But we should continue to ask questions right??
Questions can sometime clear up misgivings,misunderstandings, and misconceptions. They can clear away confusion. So my answer is, "right".

{quote]Anywho..  So ollie.. by people admonishing other people to help us grow as a whole spirit would be walking in the councel of the ungodly?
Have you ever tried to admonish sinners engaged in sinning in public?
Christians are told to admonish one another, not sinners engaged in their sin.

Colossians 3:12.  Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
 13.  Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
 14.  And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
 15.  And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
 16.  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
 17.  And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

And by not partaking in their counsel whatsoever would bless us even more?
Not sure I understand what you are asking?
If you see sin going on in public you might try counseling, out of the love of Christ for them, that it is wrong according to God's will, but if they will not hear you I suggest you walk away. Cast not your pearls before swine.

I thought that even Jesus came down to save the unrighteous and sinners.
Yes, He did. All were in sin.  

Romans3:22.  Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
 23.  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
 24.  Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
 25.  Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Did not He, himself, talk with them?..  (I understand that He did not "walk" with them though).. But He told people of how God wants us to be.
Yes. Christ walked in the will of God. He was sinless. It is through Him and His shed blood that we find remission of our sins when we repent of them.

Please let me know on this...   Smiley
Hope I answered your questions ok. I wasn't real sure I had a good understanding of what you were asking. Learning is a lifetime thing and never stops if one has a brain and we all do,
The big thing is when one learns one is wrong in what he/she has learned is that they can turn away from the error and go toward the truth.
LdyBluEyez

Ollie

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2003, 08:29:29 PM »

Christians with homosexuality on there minds?  i wonder if the the homosexuals spend as much time thinking and tallking about christians?  

If i wrote a book   " what GOD has done for me" i doubt it would sell  much in the  christian book stores. . .

If i wrote a book    " the  sexy dirty sins of my life"  but i could sell a  bunch  in the  christian book stores.
lol!   Cry Sad and true!  And in the "Christian bookstore".
That would be a big clue about the store and its patrons.

Should the true Christian challenge them? Does that kind of get back to the thread's topic?   Huh

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the