Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:10:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  "NO MORE TITHING"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "NO MORE TITHING"  (Read 21858 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2003, 05:58:11 AM »

LOVE YOUR MONEY, not Christ, huh! Cry  If one LOVES Christ, Christ has BOTH THE MANS WILL & his $$$'s!! Then simple OBEDIENCE FLOWS FROM THE BORN AGAIN one heart!

Yet the 10% is not the only thing that is returned, huh?

---John

I sent all of my money to Oral Roberts, because he didnt want to go to heaven Grin Grin Grin

Sure you did!
We realize that the $ bill's come between many of professed Christians (WHO ARE NOT) & their relationship with Christ.
---John

I sent mine to Benny Hinn Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2003, 06:22:00 AM »

Dear John,

He, who loses money, loses much; He, who loses a friend, loses much more; He, who loses faith, loses all.

I am praying for you.

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
suzie

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2003, 05:19:34 PM »

We give it all to the Lord joyfully, and He blesses us in abundance.
John the Baptist
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2003, 06:31:43 PM »

We give it all to the Lord joyfully, and He blesses us in abundance.
Suzie,
you are a breath of fresh air! Joyfully is correct. Christ gives [the bottom line], "IF YOU LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS" ... JOYFULLY Smiley!

Missives endorsing the Robbing of God is a science of these sites, & planet! The lord does not say to not tithe, He say's this do and not leave the other not undone.

But you are right, [IF] Christ had ones heart, then He then could  re/create it, huh? It is not always the rich dude's that are the most offensive, but the cheap professors that have nothing in their pockets to begin with, that try to burry the 'talent' in the earth.

----John
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2003, 08:56:08 PM »

Quote from: John the Baptist
[quote

Everyone has a photographic memory.  Some don't have film.
 Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
John the Baptist
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2003, 07:16:23 AM »

[quote

Grin

John here: (with added emphasis!)
"... and THEY SHALL SWALLOW DOWN, AND THEY SHALL BE [AS THOUGH THEY HAD *NEVER BEEN]." Obadiah 16's [last ENDING] Cry

Sounds like the 'memory of these 'ones' is ETERNALLY forgotten! Just GONE, huh? By their own free DECISION!

"And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they [SHALL BE ASHES UNDER THE SOLES OF YOUR FEET] ..." Cry Cry Mal. 4:3

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! for ye ARE LIKE  unto whited sepulchres, (?? just to your converts perhaps!) which *INDEED APPEAR BEAUTIFUL OUTWARD, BUT ARE WITHIN FULL OF D-E-A-D men's bones, and of all uncleanness." Matt. 23:27

And why is this in the present/tense case?
"Christ said: ".. IF THEY HEAR NOT MOSES AND THE PROPHETS, [NEITHER WILL THEY BE PERSUADED THOUGH ONE ROSE FROM THE DEAD]". Luke 16:31

Christ did arise from the dead! And, His WORD says:
"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! [for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, AND HAVE OMITTED THE WEIGHTIER MATTERS OF THE LAW. JUDGEMENT, MERCY, AND FAITH: *THESE YE AUGHT TO HAVE DONE, *AND NOT LEAVE [THE *OTHER UNDONE]". Matt. 23:23

Any *HONEST 10 year old child could understand that verse!!

Mercy & FAITH??? A faith without works of Obedience Saves NO ONE! ".. can faith save him? (you) James 2:14 Your talk, talk, & more talk, is no faith whatsoever! And MERCY?

Verse 20.. But wilt thou know, [O VAIN MAN, *THAT FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS D-E-A-D]". The type of faith that was stated at the beginning of God's word! You do remember the forbidden tree in the midst of the garden FORUM?
God said to eat of it [would] bring DEATH, ETERNAL DEATH! The choice is ours to make.

And the 'serpent' called God a LIAR, 'YE SHALL NOT SURELY DIE'. Take your FREEDOM to pick you own fate friends, this birds stuff, or the Masters Everlasting Gospel & Eternal Covenant? But the wrong choice is FATAL!

---John

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2003, 06:34:49 AM »

[quote

Grin

Sounds like John LOL

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2003, 10:07:46 PM »

John The Baptist.
I believe you should be baptised into the Body of Christ.  It is when we give of ourselves that we truly give.
Tamara.
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2003, 05:50:54 AM »

John The Baptist.
I believe you should be baptised into the Body of Christ.  It is when we give of ourselves that we truly give.
Tamara.

Tamara, keep praying for JTB

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2003, 09:55:16 AM »

Indeed Brother.  It would be my pleasure.

Love..Tamara
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2003, 03:27:06 PM »

Since we are no longer under the law, tithing is also dead. Our giving now comes from the heart. BUT who of us has sold everything he has and given to the poor? The degree that i'm attached to my money and security is the degree that i will not give. If I give everything away beofre i'm ready, it will not come from my heart and i will resent it. As God increases my faith, my giving will also increase. It is a process. The more the spirit is in me, the more i will be able to live out of that  rather than for worldy things. I regret that I've still got a long way to go.
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2003, 08:05:52 PM »

Heidi?
Does it always have to come back to money?  Giving love and support, giving a cheerful smile to a stranger, giving an open sincere prayer with a person who is lost, giving whatever you can afford to the ones who need financial support, giving your own hearfult love to Father, giving Him your Praise that you have been enabled to do these things in order to please Him, helping Him on earth by giving your sincere love because He was Gracious enough to give you love through His suffering and death.
Don't these things come under 'tithing' today?  Study what Jesus told you to give under the Law of Grace.  And pray.

Love you Heidi,
Tamara.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2003, 11:54:39 PM »

Tamara, we were on the topic of tithing which literally means 10% of financial income. Since a monetary amount is inclusive in the definition of the word "tithe", it is related to money. Of course there are other forms of giving which wouldn't of course, be 10%, which then wouldn't make that a tithe. It is certainly much easier for us to give the things that we're not attached to. As Jesus said, what reward will we get for loving people who love us? It is then much more difficult to give away things that we are attached to. That includes loving our enemies as well as giving away our possessions and/or money. The degree that we can give away the things that are dearest to us is the degree of faith that we have cultivated.  The ones who can turn the other cheek, sell everything they have and give to the poor, basically the ones who give what is the costliest to them are the ones with the deepest faith. I am not there yet.
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2003, 05:57:42 AM »

True Heidi,
But I have seen the Mormon church, the 7th Day Adventist church, the catholic church and many other churches grow fat and rich on people's hard earned money. In today's world...what are we tithing for?  It's the churches and a few others like Benny Hinn etc; which turned me off tithing.
Hoarding up their dollar sign like a god.

Love...Tamara.
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2003, 07:58:18 AM »

Go buy groceries for a poor family,or help out people in your neigborhood.Ask your self what is tithing to you?Let GOD lay it on your heart.The qeustion will be answered in a way you understand and can full-fill.

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the