Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:15:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Military Man
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Military Man  (Read 2145 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2003, 01:33:59 AM »

Hello to all,

I'm a proud Navy father, and this is from my son who is somewhere in the Gulf. There are pictures with it, but they are to large to post here. The author of the "Military Man" is unknown.

=====

Subject: FW: THE MILITARY MAN

A lot of this stuff I've heard come from your mouth, so I thought you would enjoy reading it.  Love you dad.

Subject: THE MILITARY MAN

The average age of the military man is 19 years. He is a short haired, tight-muscled kid who, under normal circumstances is considered by society as half man, half boy. Not yet dry behind the ears, not old enough to buy a beer, but old enough to die for his country. He never really cared much for work and he would rather wax his own car than wash his father's; but he has never collected unemployment either.

He's a recent High School graduate; he was probably an average student, pursued some form of sport activities, drives a ten year old jalopy, and has a steady girlfriend that either broke up with him when he left, or swears to be waiting when he returns from half a world away. He listens to rock and roll or hip-hop or rap or jazz or swing and 155mm howitzer. He is 10 or 15 pounds lighter now than when he was at home because he is working or fighting from before dawn to well after dusk.

He has trouble spelling, thus letter writing is a pain for him, but he can field strip a rifle in 30 seconds and reassemble it in less time in the dark. He can recite to you the nomenclature of a machine gun or grenade launcher and use either one effectively if he must. He digs foxholes and latrines and can apply first aid like a professional.  He can march until he is told to stop or stop until he is told to march.

He obeys orders instantly and without hesitation, but he is not without spirit or individual dignity.  He is self-sufficient. He has two sets of fatigues: he washes one and wears the other. He keeps his canteens full and his feet dry. He sometimes forgets to brush his teeth, but never to clean his rifle. He can cook his own meals, mend his own clothes, and fix his own hurts. If you're thirsty, he'll share his water with you; if you are hungry, his food.  He'll even split his ammunition with you in the midst of battle when you run low.

He has learned to use his hands like weapons and weapons like they were his hands. He can save your life - or take it, because that is his job. He will often do twice the work of a civilian, draw half the pay and still find ironic humor in it all. He has seen more suffering and death then he should have in his short lifetime.

He has stood atop mountains of dead bodies, and helped to create them. He has wept in public and in private, for friends who have fallen in combat and is unashamed.  He feels every note of the National Anthem vibrate through his body while at rigid attention, while tempering the burning desire to 'square-away' those around him who haven't bothered to stand, remove their hat, or even stop talking. In an odd twist, day in and day out, far from home, he   defends their right to be disrespectful.

Just as did his Father, Grandfather, and Great-grandfather, he is paying the price for our freedom.  Beardless or not, he is not a boy. He is the American Fighting Man that has kept this country free for over 200 years.

He has asked nothing in return, except our friendship and understanding. Remember him, always, for he has earned our respect and admiration with his blood.  And now we even have women over there in danger, doing their part in this tradition of going to War when our nation calls us to do so. As you go to bed tonight, remember this shot.. A short lull, a little shade and a picture of loved ones in their helmets.

Prayer wheel for our military... please don't break it. Please send this on after a short prayer.

Prayer Wheel

"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us.  Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

Prayer : When you receive this, please stop for a moment and say a prayer for our ground troops in Afghanistan, sailors on ships, and airmen in the air, and for those at war in Iraq. There is nothing attached.... This can be very powerful....... Of all the gifts you could give a US Soldier, Sailor, Coastguardsman, Marine or Airman, prayer is the very best one.

=====

I don't know who wrote the "Military Man", but he or she understood the "Military Man".

In Christ,
Tom

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2003, 05:15:28 AM »

I don't know who wrote the "Military Man", but he or she understood the "Military Man".

I  agree

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2003, 11:57:27 AM »

Actually, he IS old enough to my alcohol. Solders can by alcohol on base at 18. But a nice letter, thanks for passing it along.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2003, 04:16:52 PM »

Actually, he IS old enough to my alcohol. Solders can by alcohol on base at 18. But a nice letter, thanks for passing it along.

Oklahoma Howdy to Tibby,

You are most welcome. My son is 22 and it's hard to believe that he's been serving in the Navy now for 4 years. He believes in what he is doing and is proud to be serving his country. I don't think that I have to worry about the alcohol.

In Christ,
Tom

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2003, 08:50:14 PM »

I'm sure you don't, I'm sure he is a great man. I was just pointing that out.

Where is he stationed?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2003, 04:08:00 AM »

Where is he stationed?

Oklahoma Howdy to Tibby,

We know that he is on the aircraft carrier US Nimitz, but he hasn't been allowed to say where he is for the last couple of weeks. He was near the Gulf in the Arabian Sea about two weeks ago. He said he would let us know when he could. He is a nuclear engineer and works with the reactors. I tell him to check frequently for glow-in-the-dark body parts.   Wink

His home port is San Diego, CA, but they aren't there very often.

In Christ,
Tom

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2003, 05:42:12 AM »

Where is he stationed?

Oklahoma Howdy to Tibby,

We know that he is on the aircraft carrier US Nimitz, but he hasn't been allowed to say where he is for the last couple of weeks. He was near the Gulf in the Arabian Sea about two weeks ago. He said he would let us know when he could. He is a nuclear engineer and works with the reactors. I tell him to check frequently for glow-in-the-dark body parts.   Wink

His home port is San Diego, CA, but they aren't there very often.

In Christ,
Tom

Ah a nuclear engineer.  That would explain why he's a Soldier old enough to tibby's alcohol.  hehehehehe   Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 18, 2003, 05:43:27 AM by Saved_4ever » Logged

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2003, 09:46:46 PM »

Ah a nuclear engineer.  That would explain why he's a Soldier old enough to tibby's alcohol.  hehehehehe   Cheesy

Yeah, the thinking is, if he is in the Armed Forces, if he can handle power like that, he can drink! Which to be honest is a shame. If you ever get a chance, drive around Ft. Hood, the place is overrun with Alcohol stores!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2003, 02:05:26 AM »

Yeah, the thinking is, if he is in the Armed Forces, if he can handle power like that, he can drink! Which to be honest is a shame. If you ever get a chance, drive around Ft. Hood, the place is overrun with Alcohol stores!

Oklahoma Howdy to Tibby,

He's single, so I'm really more worried about girls than I am alcohol.  Wink    I don't think he drinks at all.

In Christ,
Tom

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2003, 03:00:45 AM »

I was actually just teasing you and your spelling and such.  hehe   It just seems that whenever you mispell something it actually spells something else that's totally off topic or just sounds funny.  Lookie:
Actually, he IS old enough to my alcohol. hence: old enough to tibby's alcohol and then you spelled soldier solder.  You can solder something so I found it quite humorous as you reminded me of someone who had, had a little too much of da moon shine.   Tongue

Actually BEP you should worry about the alcohol because it leads quickly to the woman problem.  Take my word for it.  I was unsaved for 24 years I've seen plenty of those that willfully indulge in sinful things.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2003, 06:30:13 AM »

Actually BEP you should worry about the alcohol because it leads quickly to the woman problem.  Take my word for it.  I was unsaved for 24 years I've seen plenty of those that willfully indulge in sinful things.

Oklahoma Howdy to Saved_4ever,

I certainly understand what you mean. Many members of my family pray for him every day. He's a grown man, so prayer and encouragement are really my only remaining things I can do, especially when he is on the other side of the world.

In Christ,
Tom

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2003, 04:00:34 PM »

Ok, now is makes sense. lol. The sad part, I have a scholarship to one of the better non-ivy Academic schools in the Area, lol. Grin

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2003, 02:16:53 PM »

Great Story

I sat in my seat of the Boeing 767 waiting for everyone to hurry and stow their carry-ons and grab a seat so we could start what I was sure to be a long , uneventful flight home. With the huge capacity and slow moving people taking their time to stuff luggage far too big for the overhead and
never paying much attention to holding up the growing line behind them, I simply shook my head knowing that this flight was not starting out very well.  
I was anxious to get home to see my loved ones so I was focused on "my" issues and just felt like standing up and yelling for some of these clowns to get their act together. I knew I couldn't say a word so I just thumbed thru
the "Sky Mall" magazine from the seat pocket in front of me. You know it's really getting rough when you resort to the over priced, useless sky mall crap to break the monotony.   With everyone finally seated, we just sat there with the cabin door open and no one in any hurry to get us going although we were well past the scheduled take off time. No wonder the
airline industry is in trouble I told myself. Just then, the attendant came on the intercom to inform us all that we were being delayed. The entire plane let out a collective groan. She resumed speaking to say "We are holding the aircraft for some very special people who are on their way to the plane and the delay shouldn't be more than 5 minutes.   The word
came after waiting six times as long as we were promised that "I" was finally going to be on my way home. Why the hoopla over "these" folks? I was expecting some celebrity or sport figure to be the reason for the hold up.........Just get their butts in a seat and lets hit the gas I thought. The attendant came back on the speaker to announce in a loud and excited voice that we were being joined by several U. S. Marines returning home from Iraq!!! Just as they walked on board, the entire plane erupted into applause. The men were a bit taken by surprise by the 340 people cheering for them as they searched for their seats. They were having their hands shook and touched by almost everyone who was within an arm's distance of them as they passed down the aisle. One elderly woman kissed the hand of one of the Marines as he passed by her. The applause, whistles and cheering
didn't stop for a long time.   When we were finally airborne, "I" was not the only civilian checking his conscience as to the delays in "me" getting home, finding my easy chair, a cold beverage and the remote in my hand.
These men had done for all of us and I had been complaining silently about "me" and "my" issues. I took for granted the everyday freedoms I enjoy and the conveniences of the American way of life I took for granted others paid the price for my ability to moan and complain about a few minutes delay to "me" those Heroes going home to their loved ones.   I attempted to get my selfish outlook back in order and minutes before we landed I suggested to the attendant that she announce over the speaker a request for everyone to remain in their seats until our hero's were allowed to gather their
things and be first off the plane. The cheers and applause continued until the last Marine stepped off and we all rose to go about our too often taken for granted everyday freedoms.........   I felt proud of them. I felt it an honor and a privilege to be among the first to welcome them home and
say Thank You for a job well done.   I vowed that I will never forget that flight nor the lesson learned. I can't say it enough, THANK YOU to those Veterans and active servicemen and women who may read this and a prayer for those who cannot because they are no longer with us.   GOD BLESS
AMERICA! WELCOME HOME!  AND THANKS FOR A JOB WELL DONE !!!!!  

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2003, 02:21:01 AM »

This is like a double joy.
First I am moved by Tom's letter he shared. (I will be praying for your son, along with all the others).
Then I was moved again by the honesty and story by Ambassador4Christ.
And this after reading about Allinall's daughter asking Jesus to be her Lord and Savior.
"This is the day that the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."
I'm rejoicing allright. Praise the Lord.
Love in Christ. Roy.

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2003, 04:41:56 AM »

This is like a double joy.
First I am moved by Tom's letter he shared. (I will be praying for your son, along with all the others).
Then I was moved again by the honesty and story by Ambassador4Christ.
And this after reading about Allinall's daughter asking Jesus to be her Lord and Savior.
"This is the day that the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."
I'm rejoicing allright. Praise the Lord.
Love in Christ. Roy.

Amen & Amen

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the