Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:03:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  God's Sabbath Rest
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: God's Sabbath Rest  (Read 22716 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2003, 01:15:25 AM »

Hi Blackeyed Peas
Are you confusing me with someone else. Ive called no one names?

Hello Wreck,

No, you are confusing who the post was for. John the Baptist has been doing name calling for a long time. He's the only one doing name calling as far as I can see. He has claimed to be "open as sunlight" here, pastornb somewhere else, and who knows what else from his dark and anonymous closet. His name calling is all over the forum.

Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2003, 06:02:14 PM »

Hey BlackeyedPeas

JAMES 5 [7] Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for
the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.[8] Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.[9] Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.

What does this passage in James mean? How do recieve this early and latter rain spoken of in the gospel of grace.

DEUT.11 [13] And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul,[14] That I will give you the rain of your land in his due season, the first rain and the latter rain, that thou mayest gather in thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil.[15] And I will send grass in thy fields for thy cattle, that thou mayest eat and be full.[16] Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them;

rain in due season- the first rain and the latter rain- if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments

HOSEA 6 [1] Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.[2] After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.[3] Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight
one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.Times a gettin short BEPs.

JOEL 2 [19] Yea, the LORD will answer and say unto his people, Behold, I will send you corn, and wine,
and oil, and ye shall be satisfied therewith: and I will no more make you a reproach among the heathen:
[20] But I will remove far off from you the northern army, and will drive him into a land barren and desolate, with his face toward the east sea, and his hinder part toward the utmost sea, and his stink shall come up, and
his ill savour shall come up, because he hath done great things.[21] Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things.[22] Be not afraid, ye beasts of the field: for the pastures of the wilderness do
spring, for the tree beareth her fruit, the fig tree and the vine do yield their strength.[23] Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he
will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.

Be ye also patient - until he receive the early and latter rain - Lets not forget what we must do to receive this rain
Look in Revelations for the corn - wine - oil - northern army - beast of the field. Joel 2 is speaking of a time which has not yet come. But it will.

LEV.26 [1] Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.[2] Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.[3] If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them;[4] Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.

Rain in due season - IF you keep GODS sabbath - reverence my sanctuary (Ye are the temple) - walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments

Anyone wish to comment on these scriptures. Do ya believe the scriptures? Are yas gonna now point to new testament scriptures which speak about the law contained within the ordinances and say we need not keep the commandments.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2003, 02:34:40 AM »

Hello Wreck,

You are more than welcome to live under the law, have at it.

You have a 7th day Sabbath, and I have a 7 day Sabbath. In fact, I have a neverending Sabbath.

Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2003, 03:06:55 PM »

Hey BEPs
you wrote
I have a 7 day Sabbath. In fact, I have a neverending Sabbath.

Is your statement above something i can look up in the scriptures? If so please tell me where.
John the Baptist
« Reply #139 on: August 04, 2003, 04:26:50 PM »

Hey BEPs
you wrote
I have a 7 day Sabbath. In fact, I have a neverending Sabbath.

Is your statement above something i can look up in the scriptures? If so please tell me where.
Hay wreck,
Did you not ever run into professed Christian's who believe that they are never to work, just let Christ do it all? God will take care of me, they boast! Then just lay back & even void out the COMMAND to WORK the other six days?

---John

PS: are 'you' wasting the Lord's time is the question??? Titus 3:9-11
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2003, 04:57:10 PM »

Hello Wreck & JTB,

I'm through with this foolish argument and have better things to do with my time. If you boys wish to live under the law, good luck and go for it. I'll pray for you.

Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2003, 07:18:17 PM »

Yea BEPs
I couldnt find any scripture either to back up your statement. Been nice talkin to ya.
John the Baptist
« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2003, 08:37:18 PM »

Yea BEPs
I couldnt find any scripture either to back up your statement. Been nice talkin to ya.
Wonder when Rom. 13 applies? Of course no one here much understands other scripture, let alone Paul.
---John
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 05, 2003, 08:34:09 PM »

Hey a4c, old babe do you believe the scripture below. Whats it saying.

1 COR.3 [1] And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.[2] I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now
are ye able.

I have fed you with milk

ISAIAH 28 [9] Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.[10] For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:[11] For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.[12] To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk. a4c, you been weaned yet?
What is this rest and what is this refreshing the WORD is speaking of that the people will not hear. That you will not here 4ac.

EXODUS 31 [15] Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.[16] Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.[17] It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed - There it is.

JER.6 [16] Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.[17] Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken.[18] Therefore hear, ye nations, and know, O congregation, what is among them.[19] Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.

Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken
(Jesus will return at the last trumpet) I hope your listening by then a4c. I hope you dont deny the WORD then.
ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls

ISAIAH 58 [12] And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.[13] If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:[14] Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

The restorer of paths to dwell in

a4c, GOT MILK?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2003, 01:17:26 PM »

Under the law of Moses, keeping the sabbath day was required of Israel (Exodus 20:8-11), and the punishment for violations was death by stoning (Numbers 15:32-36). But our Apostle Paul tells us that we, "... are not under the law, but under grace." Our doctrine in this present dispensation of grace is the teaching that our risen Lord Jesus Christ gave to us through our Apostle Paul in the 13 letters of Romans-Philemon. Paul never once tells us to keep the sabbath day. On the contrary, he clearly teaches that we do not have to keep the sabbath:

In Romans 14:5-6 he writes, "One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it ...."

Likewise Paul says in Colossians 2:16, "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days ...."

So keeping the sabbath day was a commandment for Israel, under the law. It is not a commandment for the church, which is under grace.

Author Unknown

« Last Edit: August 17, 2003, 01:48:36 PM by Ambassador4Christ » Logged

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Knox

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2003, 01:44:57 PM »

Under the law of Moses, keeping the sabbath day was required of Israel (Exodus 20:8-11), and the punishment for violations was death by stoning (Numbers 15:32-36). But our Apostle Paul tells us that we, "... are not under the law, but under grace." Our doctrine in this present dispensation of grace is the teaching that our risen Lord Jesus Christ gave to us through our Apostle Paul in the 13 letters of Romans-Philemon. Paul never once tells us to keep the sabbath day. On the contrary, he clearly teaches that we do not have to keep the sabbath:

In Romans 14:5-6 he writes, "One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it ...."

Likewise Paul says in Colossians 2:16, "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days ...."

So keeping the sabbath day was a commandment for Israel, under the law. It is not a commandment for the church, which is under grace.

http://www.matthewmcgee.org/qa4.html

Still another post of yours that you have stolen from a copyrighted article.
Q: Are Christians supposed to keep the sabbath day?

A: Under the law of Moses, keeping the sabbath day was required of Israel (Exodus 20:8-11), and the punishment for violations was death by stoning (Numbers 15:32-36). But our Apostle Paul tells us that we, "... are not under the law, but under grace." Our doctrine in this present dispensation of grace is the teaching that our risen Lord Jesus Christ gave to us through our Apostle Paul in the 13 letters of Romans-Philemon. Paul never once tells us to keep the sabbath day. On the contrary, he clearly teaches that we do not have to keep the sabbath:

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2003, 05:48:56 PM »

Still another post of yours that you have stolen from a copyrighted article.

Knox,

Did you notice the label "Author Unknown" on the post? I get things from friends, family, and E-mail circles every day. Many times, the author is not listed, and who knows how many hands it has gone through. It appears that you were looking for an opportunity to make an accusation, as the label makes it clear that he is not claiming the material to be his own.

By the way, there is a copyright notice on the picture, but you have to enlarge the picture to see it.

John the Baptist
« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2003, 05:53:39 PM »

Hi Knox, John here.
The thing about this is that forum owner (s) them selfs know of your plagiarising charge. And not only is this illegal, but it is sinful! Cry Cry And you have made this complaint several times?

Notice what the Word of Gods says about this verse?
"Therefore BEHOLD I AM AGAINST THE PROPHETS, (and this poster surely can't be seen as such!) saith the LORD, [THAT STEAL MY WORDS EVERY ONE FROM HIS NEIGHBOR]." Jer. 23:30

One thing is sure, the person could care less it seems, for he is doing this OPEN AND FLAGRANTLY. That call in question the forum owner?? For you have made this charge IN OPEN SIGHT!
It seems that Peter's inspirition about the 'dog is turned to his own vomit again' will surely apply if we see no remorse or apology come out in the open!

----John

PS: Do you have a forum?

A: Under the law of Moses, keeping the sabbath day was required of Israel (Exodus 20:8-11), and the punishment for violations was death by stoning (Numbers 15:32-36). But our Apostle Paul tells us that we, "... are not under the law, but under grace." Our doctrine in this present dispensation of grace is the teaching that our risen Lord Jesus Christ gave to us through our Apostle Paul in the 13 letters of Romans-Philemon. Paul never once tells us to keep the sabbath day. On the contrary, he clearly teaches that we do not have to keep the sabbath:

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2003, 06:19:47 PM »

Hello JTB,

Let me know if you run low.

John the Baptist
« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2003, 08:22:48 PM »

Hello Wreck & JTB,

I'm through with this foolish argument and have better things to do with my time. If you boys wish to live under the law, good luck and go for it. I'll pray for you.
Hi Wreck,
just a short missive. It seems these commandment hangers are now deleating both the Sabbath Commandment & the one on being a liar, huh? Two of ten, the batting average is creeping upward!

Quote: "I'M THROUGH WITH THIS FOOLISH ARGUMENT AND HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO". (perhaps that of taking the doorhandel off of his closet from the inside?)

Anyway Wreck, notice the word of foolish? In other words he wants these Royal Laws of God to be Caesar enforced, and then  'hung' in schools & government buildings! And with the very next breath he & they state that they are foolish & ARE LEGALISTIC!! (Babylon is a good 'inspirational' SCRIPTURE WORD for these ones!)

I wonder if some of these NO LAW guys have not finally snared a new MUTURE convert? See James 1:14-15 Just perhaps inside the closet, there are lightbulbs so he can 'see' in James 2:8-12 that this foolish law of God as he calles it, will be the STANDARD USED TO PROVE IF 'h'E IS A CHRISTIAN OR NOT! So far, he is not faring very well! Cry  

For, James also says BY INSPIRATION that if a person breaks even one of the commandments, that he IS
GUILTY OF BREAKING THEM ALL! James even IDENTIFIES the 10 commandments as the STANDARD OF JUDGEMENT in verse 10-12.

And surely this law of God would need to be shamelessly  slandered & BLASPHEMED AGAINST by 's'atan, (and his helpers) for it is the VERY LETTER (EPISTLE) OF CHRIST CHARACTER! 1 Cor. 3:3
(but they most likely do not know what the Word 'epistle of Christ' means anyway, huh? or perhaps they can steal some others work as they have been accused of, to address the situation?)

Regardless Wreck, John states it V-E-R-Y CLEARLY what these ones in all reality are. 1 John 2:4 "He that saith, [I KNOW HIM], and [KEEPETH NOT HIS COMMANDMENTS, IS A LIAR, AND THR TRUTH IS NOT IN HIM.]" What Born Again Christian would not want to KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD?HuhHuhHuhHuh There just ain't no such one in existence!

It is WITH ABSOLUTE CERTAINITY that the [COMMANDMENTS OF GOD] *Define the SAVED ONES, WHO [ALSO HAVE THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST]"!! (His 'Epistle' in their hearts!) See Rev. 12:17

Take care! But if you want another 'used' & 'useful' site? drop me an e-mail!

---John

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the