Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 02:29:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286877 Posts in 27569 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Who Is Your Apostle?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Is Your Apostle?  (Read 23073 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2003, 01:34:02 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

I wanted to make one more comment about water baptism. This subject has been debated all over the board.

For those who wish to see a recent and fairly thorough debate on this subject, see:

Is Water Baptism Needed For Salvation? The Bible says no.

This is a very interesting subject for every Christian. I would first like to say that I have no problem with someone wanting to be Baptized in water. If someone thinks that will somehow strengthen their faith or confirm their faith, that's fine. If a man or woman has been baptized in water, maybe they belong to Jesus and maybe they don't. If a man or a woman has been BAPTIZED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT, THEY BELONG TO JESUS, have been bought, have been paid for, and have been delivered.

It is interesting to note that the strongest advocates of water baptism will quickly agree that water baptism does not save you and does not wash away your sins. It, in fact, is a symbol only. One could be water baptized 1,000 times and not be saved. The strongest advocate of water baptism would also agree that the BLOOD OF JESUS is what washes away the sins of a new child wanting to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour.

Another fact is very plain and simple: If a person is baptized by the Holy Spirit, they are saved, and there is no question they belong to Jesus.

Here's something else that is simple food for thought and Biblically sound. Is there a difference between (1) Believe (2) Believe and be Baptized? Yes, there is. Satan believes, but Satan is not praying for forgiveness of sins and requesting that Jesus Christ come into his heart as his personal Lord and Saviour. Belief that is FAITH in Jesus Christ as the Son of God who died on the cross for the sins of man and arose from the dead as a RISEN SAVIOUR also results in the new believer realizing they are a sinner, confessing their sins, and asking Jesus Christ to come into their heart as their personal Lord and Saviour. This is far from the belief that Satan would have that Jesus simply exists. This is the belief and faith Jesus answers, and the new believer is immediately BAPTIZED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT. The cleansing of sin is by the precious BLOOD OF JESUS, not by water in a man's ritual.

Brothers and Sisters, if you truly belong to Jesus, you have been Baptized by the Holy Spirit. If you have also been baptized in water, I love you. If you belong to Jesus and have not been baptized in water, I love you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2003, 06:06:02 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

I wanted to make one more comment about water baptism. This subject has been debated all over the board.

For those who wish to see a recent and fairly thorough debate on this subject, see:

This is a very interesting subject for every Christian. I would first like to say that I have no problem with someone wanting to be Baptized in water. If someone thinks that will somehow strengthen their faith or confirm their faith, that's fine. If a man or woman has been baptized in water, maybe they belong to Jesus and maybe they don't. If a man or a woman has been BAPTIZED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT, THEY BELONG TO JESUS, have been bought, have been paid for, and have been delivered.

It is interesting to note that the strongest advocates of water baptism will quickly agree that water baptism does not save you and does not wash away your sins. It, in fact, is a symbol only. One could be water baptized 1,000 times and not be saved. The strongest advocate of water baptism would also agree that the BLOOD OF JESUS is what washes away the sins of a new child wanting to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour.

Another fact is very plain and simple: If a person is baptized by the Holy Spirit, they are saved, and there is no question they belong to Jesus.

Here's something else that is simple food for thought and Biblically sound. Is there a difference between (1) Believe (2) Believe and be Baptized? Yes, there is. Satan believes, but Satan is not praying for forgiveness of sins and requesting that Jesus Christ come into his heart as his personal Lord and Saviour. Belief that is FAITH in Jesus Christ as the Son of God who died on the cross for the sins of man and arose from the dead as a RISEN SAVIOUR also results in the new believer realizing they are a sinner, confessing their sins, and asking Jesus Christ to come into their heart as their personal Lord and Saviour. This is far from the belief that Satan would have that Jesus simply exists. This is the belief and faith Jesus answers, and the new believer is immediately BAPTIZED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT. The cleansing of sin is by the precious BLOOD OF JESUS, not by water in a man's ritual.

Brothers and Sisters, if you truly belong to Jesus, you have been Baptized by the Holy Spirit. If you have also been baptized in water, I love you. If you belong to Jesus and have not been baptized in water, I love you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

I agree 100% Brother,

Thank You, you have made my day.

Grace & Peace

Brother Love

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2003, 06:55:49 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Brother Love,

You are most welcome Brother.

I'm also positive that you have been purchased by Jesus under the following terms:

The purchase was final.
No credit - full price paid in advance.
No layaway plan (immediate delivery).
No refund, exchange, or return.
You have been delivered (transaction final).
Jesus owns you.
I love you.

I pray that most or all involved in this thread are bought and paid for possessions of Jesus.

Thanks be unto God for HIS unspeakable GIFT!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2003, 07:00:06 AM »

Answer this,What does God do when you are Baptized by water?

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2003, 09:29:00 AM »

N-O-T-H-I-N-G

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2003, 11:58:32 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

Love In Christ,
Tom

AMEN,

Blessings,

Petro

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2003, 12:15:05 PM »

N-O-T-H-I-N-G

You know this how?

Brother Love Smiley

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2003, 01:00:56 PM »

The work of the cross is God’s offer of life…

Baptism is our acceptance.

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2003, 03:16:36 PM »

I regret that I was WATER Baptised, and I really, really Regret Baptizing others.

Grace & Peace

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2003, 03:39:28 PM »

To you it may well be a arguement of semantics. To me it is a discussion of  dividing of Gods people.  I do not think HE wants HIS own divided. that is my  opinion you are surly welcome to yours. Saying the word of God is sematical goes clear back to the garden.  A little leaven goes a long way.

Dividing of Gods people, was this a Joke?

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2003, 03:41:47 PM »

I regret that I was WATER Baptised, and I really, really Regret Baptizing others.

Grace & Peace

Why?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2003, 04:00:40 PM »

Grace & Peace

Why?

The Bible teaches of many baptisms, however, there is only one baptism recognized by the Word of God for this present dispensation of grace. That is the spiritual baptism by which the believer, when he/she trusts Christ as his/her Saviour, is identified with the Lord in His death, His burial, and His resurrection. This spiritual baptism is also the means whereby the believer is given victory over sin (Rom. 6:1-5; I Cor. 12:13; Gal. 3:27; Col. 2:11).

Grace & Peace

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

3wells

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2003, 05:31:59 PM »

Paul didn't seem to think so:

"I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.
My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you."

And what was it that was causing the division:

"What I mean is this: One of you says, I follow Paul; another, I follow Apollos; another, I follow Cephas; still another, I follow Christ. Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptised into the name of Paul?"
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2003, 06:59:43 PM »

Paul didn't seem to think so:

"I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.
My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you."

And what was it that was causing the division:

"What I mean is this: One of you says, I follow Paul; another, I follow Apollos; another, I follow Cephas; still another, I follow Christ. Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptised into the name of Paul?"

There is disagreement when some try and pass off mans teachings as thought they be commandments of God, this should cause division, that is, separation from those who want to walk in the lite of theGods  Word from those who think they are walking in the lite.

If one must comprimise, what the scriptures teach clearly, then he ought not to claim the name of Christ.

What we have been discussing here, is that water baptism is clearly a symbolic ceremony, observed as a commandment ordained by Jesus, it does not save, it is a public declaration of repentance towards sin, and a desire to be counted as one with Christ child.

While some would have you believe, water baptism produces the Holy Spirit, which is evidenced by signs and other gifts being excersized, it starts innocently put quickly progresses into something which becomes a faith works gospel.

If there is an argument concerning who is the apostle one follows over another, at this point and time in history, can simply be considered childish arguments, between those that still drink the milk of the gosple.

Blessings,

Pet

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2003, 05:26:40 AM »

Only "ONE" Apostle for me, my Apostle Paul. No milk for me Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the