Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 03:47:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286839 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Plan of Salvation?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Plan of Salvation?  (Read 2176 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 03:30:39 PM »

So its ok to have sex even tough I'm not married?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2005, 03:43:26 PM »

So its ok to have sex even tough I'm not married?

Questions like that do make a person wonder such.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
PrivateJookie

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2005, 03:49:32 PM »

I'm sorry, I honestly do not understand what your getting at. Could you please explain in your own words what you mean.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2005, 03:59:43 PM »

I have a question for you. What is your discourse on the following verses?

1Co 3:14  If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2005, 05:39:41 PM »

November 2, 2005

WHAT MUST I DO TO BE SAVED?
by Russel S. Miller

Thank you for that "good" question.

God’s plan of salvation today is not difficult to understand. "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). There is no one exempt from sin. We are ALL guilty of breaking the Laws of God. We are sinners by nature and by choice, because we also choose to sin.

"The wages of sin is death..." (Romans 6:23). There is a penalty for sin. You go to work every day and at the end of the week you receive your wages. "The wages of sin is death..."

"...But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 6:23). Eternal life is a gift. You cannot buy it, or earn it, or deserve it. It can only be received as a free gift because Christ paid the penalty of sin with His own blood. The love of God, therefore, has provided a way back to God in the person of Jesus Christ our Lord.

"...CHRIST DIED FOR OUR SINS...was buried, and rose again the third day..." (I Corinthians 15:3,4).

He died for our sins because there is no other way in which man could be redeemed.

He was buried that our old Adamic nature "might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin" (Romans 6:6).

He arose from the dead to prove that our debt of sin, and its penalty, has been FULLY paid (Romans 4:25).

"Therefore being justified BY FAITH, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:1).

Does it get any better than this? Yes, indeed it does, for we read in Ephesians 2:7:

"THAT IN THE AGES TO COME HE MIGHT SHEW THE EXCEEDING RICHES OF HIS GRACE IN HIS KINDNESS TOWARD US THROUGH CHRIST JESUS".

God is very patient, kind, and loving, and longsuffering, but He will not be mocked of men. Consequently there is a "Hell" and "the Lake of Fire" awaiting all who reject this gift of salvation in the person of His Son, our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. This is clearly taught in Revelation 20:11-15.

When the Philippian jailor asked, "What must I do to be saved?", the Apostle Paul answered: "BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, AND THOU SHALT BE SAVED..." (Acts 16:30,31).

This is the one really important issue of life, and there is no time like the present, to make that decision to trust Jesus Christ as your own personal Saviour and Lord.

If you cannot say, "I know I am saved and I'm going to Heaven", then I exhort you to trust Christ as your Saviour, right now, and God will bless you with all the bounty of Heaven, and more.

"BUT GOD COMMENDETH HIS LOVE TOWARD US, IN THAT, WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS, CHRIST DIED FOR US" (Romans 5:8).

Subscribe at:
http://www.bereanbiblesociety.org/twominut.html
Two Minutes With The Bible

Reply:
If you would like to ask a question or make a comment regarding the content of this article, please email:
berean@execpc.com

Literature:
One year's worth of Two Minutes With The Bible daily devotional articles are also available in book form, along with many other Bible study materials, in the Literature Corner section of our website at:
https://www.bereanbiblesociety.org/literature

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2005, 06:13:11 PM »

PrivateJookie,

I'm going to assume for a moment that you might be serious and wanting some answers. If so, the answers are already posted here in this thread for you to study.

I want to offer some blunt help for you.

1 - There are no perfect Christians.
2 - There are no Christians without sin.
3 - You can only be saved once, and it's for eternity.

4 - Here's a BIG ONE: At the moment you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, you are BAPTIZED WITH THE ONE AND ONLY HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD - THE HOLY SPIRIT ENTERS YOUR HEART AND PLACES A SEAL ON YOUR HEART THAT CAN'T BE BROKEN BY ANY POWER IN THE UNIVERSE!

5 - You do not lose salvation if you sin. ALL CHRISTIANS SIN, but that does not mean that sin is the master over their life. There is a reason why all Christians need an advocate with the Father - FORGIVENESS! There is no perfection in this life. Our perfection will be completed by God at His appointed time. Part of that perfection will involve a glorified body that will also be given to us at God's appointed time.

6 - The Holy Bible makes it perfectly clear that there is no man in this life without sin. Further, the righteousness of man is as filthy rags. That's why our Salvation MUST be based on the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST and the BLOOD OF CHRIST on the CROSS! We could never earn or deserve anything on our own - NOTHING BUT PUNISHMENT!

BUT, the Law of Faith in Jesus Christ rescues us from the curse of sin and death. FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE IS THE ONLY WAY TO BE SAVED! JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY, TRUTH, AND LIFE!

For some references, please study the following portions of Scripture:

Mark 1:7-8 NASB  And he was preaching, and saying, "After me One is coming who is mightier than I, and I am not fit to stoop down and untie the thong of His sandals. "I baptized you with water; but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."

The above is John the Baptist speaking about the Baptism with the Holy Spirit.

Acts 1:4-5 NASB  Gathering them together, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, "Which," He said, "you heard of from Me; for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."

The above is Jesus Christ speaking about the Baptism with the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:12-13 NASB  For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

The ONE SPIRIT above is the ONE and ONLY HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD!

There is an important distinction with one word above that I want to bring to your attention. We are baptized WITH the Holy Spirit, and our heart is Sealed WITH the Holy Spirit. It does not say "BY", but "WITH". To make this absolutely clear, this means that THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD DOES THE WORK HIMSELF AND STAYS IN THE HEART OF THE BELIEVER. No power in the universe can prevail over the Holy Spirit of God, and that is the reason why the SEAL WITH the Holy Spirit CAN'T BE BROKEN!

Please study Ephesians, Chapters 1 - 3, when you get a chance, and you will understand much more about Salvation.

If any man in this short life claims that he has no sin, the truth is not in him according to the Holy Bible. When we sin, we have an advocate with the Father, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Corinthians 2:2-5 NASB  For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. I was with you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling, and my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith would not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God.

PrivateJookie

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2005, 12:08:43 AM »

Then explain Acts 2 to me please.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2005, 04:16:00 AM »

Then explain Acts 2 to me please.

PrivateJookie,

You need to do some work and study for yourself first. I don't mind helping you, but I know that you haven't studied what has already been given to you in this thread by several people who have spent considerable time in their efforts. If you study what's already been given to you, many of your questions will be answered.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 10:29-30 NASB  "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. "I and the Father are one."

pocket

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2005, 08:51:38 PM »

The law came through Moses grace and truth came through Jesus Christ!

confusing law with  gospel is of no benefit for any one.

Christ himself  instututed  the great commision which included baptism . BAPTISM is not  law that just shows our sin's .
But baptism is the visible  Gospel that show's our only  savior from sin .
 Jesus .

baptism is  pure  grace In Christ's atoning work which saves us from  sin death and the devil.
for those that trust in Christ his almighty meirt's alone.
 No where does scripture say baptism must be by immersion.
As i recall scripture only say's that some person's came straight way out of the water . which simply is Gods way of saying after baptism they immediatly left the water.
Water  or the depth or lack of depth  has no great merit in it self . But  when water  is connected
with Gods almighty word and promises then it is to God's merit all credit for  saving work must be credited.
be it to a babe a teen or oldster receiving it.

A person is baptized “in the name of the Father,” meaning that God is now his gracious Father; “in the name of the Son,” meaning that he receives all the benefits of the Son’s work of redemption; and “in the name of the Holy Spirit,” meaning that he receives in baptism the life-giving presence of the Holy Spirit.   “In the name of” has in it the meaning “by authority of” and “on the basis of.”  Baptism has the authority of the Triune God behind it.  The power and effectiveness of baptism is guaranteed by the Triune God. Baptism brings a person into a relationship with the Triune God.

Yet is not a infant's  baptism still  not the safest baptism of all.
for scripture say's they can believe in Jesus and they to are included in all nation's that are to be baptized .and yet
none of them has ever come to Christ as a Judas!

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the