Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:32:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What is the difference?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is the difference?  (Read 971 times)
PhilMun

Mind your words!

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2004, 03:34:07 AM »

Kingdom of God and Kingdom of Heaven.

These are two phrases the Lord Jesus have mentioned several times in the gospels, and also in other NT books.

What is/are the difference/s between these two kingdoms?

Live today as if you stand before God tomorrow! God has no partiality!!
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 06:52:39 PM »

God's Kingdom is everything and everyplace in existence, from the depths of Earth’s oceans to the most distant star and beyond.

The Kingdom of Heaven is a paradise of Love and reward where there is no suffering and no tears.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Reba
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 07:34:47 PM »

Kingdom of heaven is used  32 times all in Matthew

Kingdom of God is used 69 times Matt, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Rom, 1 Cor, Gal, Col, 2 Thess

I believe they are the same and these are some of the scripture why  i believe so.

Matt 3:2

2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mark 1:15

15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Matt 4:17
17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
KJV

Matt 5:3
3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Luke 6:20
20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.

Matt 5:20
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

1 Cor 6:9-10
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Matt 10:7
7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matt 11:11
11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Luke 7:28
28 For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

Matt 13:24
24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

Mark 4:26
26 And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground;

Matt 19:14
14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
Mark 10:14
14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Luke 18:16
16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Matt 19:23,24
23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Mark 10:24-25
24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!
25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
KJV

Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 02:57:33 PM »

Quote....JudgeNot....
God's Kingdom is everything and everyplace in existence, from the depths of Earth’s oceans to the most distant star and beyond.

The Kingdom of Heaven is a paradise of Love and reward where there is no suffering and no tears. ....Quote....

Very well said.....Here is the best description, I think, of the kingdom of God.

"for the kingdom of God is not food and drink, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit." [Romans 14.17].
This is the kingdom of God, which all His children may live in while upon the earth. And, which we are told in Matthew 6.33, is the "first" thing we are to seek after becoming a Christian. Jesus told the apostles the same thing when He told them to tarry in Jerusalem till they received power from on high. There is no power to live as He has commanded us to live, outside of His kingdom. We must live "in the Holy Spirit", [in His kingdom], or we are carnal, and have no power to obey Him.  "Without Me, you can do nothing." [John 15.5].

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the