Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:59:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Salvation solely by the Grace of God.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Salvation solely by the Grace of God.  (Read 2908 times)
I_Believe

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2004, 12:03:38 PM »

[Part 2]

While Christ

But turning and seeing her, Jesus said, Daughter, be comforted; your faith has saved you. And the woman was saved from that hour. (Mat 9:22)

You gave Me no kiss, but this woman, since the time I came in, has not ceased to kiss My feet. You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed My feet with ointment. Therefore I say to you, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, he loves little. And He said to her, Your sins are forgiven. And those reclining with Him began to say within themselves, Who is this who even forgives sins? And He said to the woman, Your faith has saved you, go in peace. (Luk 7:45-50)

And Jesus said to him, Receive your sight! Your faith has saved you. And immediately he received his sight and followed him, glorifying God. And when they saw, all the people gave praise to God. (Luk 18:42-43)

Now

For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them. (Eph 2:8-10)

But what does it say? "The Word is near you, even in your mouth and in your heart"; that is, the Word of Faith which we proclaim; Because if you confess the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation. For the Scripture says, "Everyone believing on Him shall not be put to shame." (Rom 10:8-11)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 12:37:50 PM by I_Believe » Logged

Religion is like a coconut.  You must break through the husk of man's traditions to get to the sweet milk & meat of the gospel of Christ.

These people draw near to me with their mouth, and honor me with their lips...in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrine rules made by men.
I_Believe

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2004, 12:09:45 PM »

[Part 3]

Jesus Christ the same yesterday and today and forever. Do not be carried about with different and strange doctrines, for it is good for the heart to be established with grace, not with foods, in which those who have walked in them were not helped. (Heb 13:8-9)

Saved by GRACE through FAITH Yesterday, today and forever!

FAITH: Before Christ
"by it the elders obtained a good report"..."looking to Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith"

"faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness. How then was it reckoned? Being in circumcision or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision."..."he received a sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith while still uncircumcised; so that he might be the father of all those believing through uncircumcision, for righteousness to be imputed to them also"

FAITH: While Christ
"But turning and seeing her, Jesus said, Daughter, be comforted; your faith has saved you. And the woman was saved from that hour."

"And He said to her, Your sins are forgiven. And those reclining with Him began to say within themselves, Who is this who even forgives sins? And He said to the woman, Your faith has saved you, go in peace."

FAITH: Now
"For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast."

"if you confess the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation."
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 12:42:54 PM by I_Believe » Logged

Religion is like a coconut.  You must break through the husk of man's traditions to get to the sweet milk & meat of the gospel of Christ.

These people draw near to me with their mouth, and honor me with their lips...in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrine rules made by men.
I_Believe

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2004, 10:27:44 PM »

Religion is like a coconut.  You must break through the husk of man's traditions to get to the sweet milk & meat of the truth of the gospel of Christ.

Scripture from God...Religion from man.

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2004, 05:45:17 AM »

Religion is like a coconut.  You must break through the husk of man's traditions to get to the sweet milk & meat of the truth of the gospel of Christ.

Scripture from God...Religion from man.

AMEN!!!!

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
_Christopher_

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2004, 05:57:45 AM »

Sola Gratia - Salvation solely by the Grace of God.

Sola Fide - A Salvation that is brought about through faith alone.

Sola Christo - In Jesus Christ Alone.

Sola Scriptura - Based on Scripture Alone.

Sola Deo Gloria - All to the glory of God.

<Smiley))><

Faith Alone?  I can't give an 'Amen' to that since it contradicts the Word of God.

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in Heaven." - Matthew 7:21

Simply having faith that Jesus is your Lord is not sufficient in itself. This faith must be accompanied by doing whatever the Father commands us to do, because the works complete the faith. This theme is echoed in James, which is why Martin Luther tried to have it removed from the Bible, refering to it as "an epistle of straw."

"You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by the works."

"You believe that God is one. You do well. Even the demons believe that and tremble.
Do you want proof, you ignoramus, that faith without works is useless?"

So even the demons have faith, but faith without works is useless for obtaining salvation.

"For just as a body without a spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead."

Righteousness must be grounded in unmerited grace first, just as the branches must first be grounded in the vine, and then it must produce works, or fruits, to remain righteous. And by remaining on the vine, we are pruned to produce even more fruit. This fruit is not automatic, it is simply now possible that we can bear the fruit. If it was automatic, Jesus wouldn't have warned us to stay on the vine by producing good fruit. In other words, it would be unnecessary to warn us if we didn't have a part to play in the process...

Matthew 25:31-46

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne, and all the nations will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

Then the king will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.'

Then the righteous will answer him and say, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?'

And the king will say to them in reply, 'Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, a stranger and you gave me no welcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me.'

Then they will answer and say, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?'

He will answer them, 'Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.'
And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

If works are automatic from real faith, why did the Lord think it necessary to warn us to do good works once we are saved?
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2004, 09:04:35 AM »

YES!!!! FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE.

He Is Faithful.

Thank You Jesus

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the