Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:49:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I'm not sure if this is the right board but i have a question about converting.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm not sure if this is the right board but i have a question about converting.  (Read 2375 times)
laisiedaisy

Who will believe my verse in time to come?

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2003, 09:18:15 PM »

I am 13, and currently Roman Catholic, but am not entirely happy with all of the beliefs and customs that I have been brought up with. I want to find a more liberal strand of Christianity, but am not sure how to go about this. And even if I did know, would I have to convert? Or would it not be necissary because I am already Christian? I don't really know what to do...

When most I wink, then do mine eyes best see,
For all the day they view things unrespected;
But when I sleep, in dreams they look on thee,
And darkly bright, are bright in dark directed.
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 11:35:29 PM »

Laisie,  one of the bravest steps a person can take is to come out of the catholic system.  And, you have made a very wise choice.  I came out of the catholic church too.  And, I converted to Jesus alone.  Not to any church although I can go to any one I want to for fellowship and support.
Your first step now is to find an independent pastor who will baptise you by complete immersion.
Your second step then is to talk to this independant pastor about the Bible, to opin your Bible with him, or someone close to him in the church, and to read it.
Above all else, you must tell Father in Heaven that you have renounced the catholic church and all her teachings and from now on you wish to walk with Him in Spirit and in Truth.  
Once yopu are baprised into JESUS, and not a church, you will be a new creation.  Then, you walk by HIS side and do not follow the commandments of men.
You have renounced a powerful established religion.  I praise God that you have done that!  And, I congratulate you!Take it one step at a time as I have told you, and do not be fooled by religious people who may come knocking on your door.
You have a direct prayer line to Father God now through His Son, Jesus.  Use it to help you walk forward into your life of freedom.  And, may God walk with you.

Love...Ta,mara.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2003, 06:39:21 PM »

Tamara is entirely correct. First and foremost, you have to make sure you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Do this by asking Him to come into your life. He will. Then, the Holy Spirit will lead you to the church that best fits you. Good luck and God bless you.
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2003, 07:45:27 PM »

What Heidi says is true Laisie.
Just, talk to Jesus as a friend.  Not as you have been in the catholic church.  Tell Him you want to have Him as your personal Saviour and that you want to walk with Him and not organised religion.
You are very young and it is obvious that Jesus is calling you out of that church to be in Service for Him as a true Child of God.  
If there is any way we can help you.  Please ask.  And, don't hesitate!

Love...Tamara.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2003, 08:59:24 PM »

Please define what you mean by “liberal strand of Christianity” for us, if you will.

My advice, my dear sister, is that you search out the Church that best fits you. Any Catholic can explain you back into the church with Western logic, and there are plenty of independent groups are more then happy to confuse you further, using scripture and showing the exactly opposite of that your Catholic Brothers just showed you in scripture. You are going to have to do some research, find what is right. We can’t get the truth from a forum. I wish it where that easy, uh? If all Christians would come to the truth.

Reading pages of Dogma isn’t going to give you a good feel for what the church is like. You are going to have to talk to some members. My advise to you would be, with your parents permission, of course, search out the pastors in your area. All the different forms of Baptist/Pentecostals, different Catholic rites, Anglican/Episcopalian/Methodist groups. Look in your phone book. Call them up, and ask to have a meeting with them. I’m sure most if not all of the pastors you call will be more then happy to meet with an inquisitive young lady such as your self, who is searching for the truth. Talk to them face to face. Even go meet with you priest if you haven’t already! If he is a group priest, he should help you find a better group for you.

Some will spend all their time telling you why Roman Catholicism is wrong. Make it clear you don’t want to here that, and tell they you want to here what makes there over group right! There is a time and place for that. You are not trying to find evidence against RCC right now, right now you are searching for the truth in one group, not the lies in another. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT believe anything one church has to say about another without asking someone fro that church to explain. That is how rumors start.

Don’t be scared to ask the tough questions. Don’t fear pulling your bible out and asking them about scriptures that seem to conflict with their doctrine. If you want to find the truth, you will have to dig DEEP. You are kind of young, so some of the stuff may confuse you. Just bring a pad and paper to take notes with and look them up later, comparing them wit the scripture. We have people from all kinds of groups on this board, if you need clarification that the pastor didn’t give, I’m sure we can help you.

Of course, I assume your parents are with you in this, or at least support your journey.

Have fun in your search, we will all pray you find Gods will for you.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2003, 10:02:23 PM »

What Tibby tells you is true Laisie.
I was a catholic.  And, I was held in bondage by the doctrines of the church.  Pray to this saint, pray to that saint.
And, I found I was in bondage to the diocese as well as the pope.

Seek, and ye shall find, are the words of Jesus.  But, do be careful.  Very careful.  You are very young and already you see the flaws in the system.  This is good.  But, be very careful of whom you speak to as a pastor.  Satan will lead you a merry dance.  Stay strong by prayer in faith to Gather through Jesus.  Praise Father. And stay by Him now.  Don't pray what people have written.  Speak to Father in your own words.  He will hear you!

Love...Tamara.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2003, 10:59:05 PM »

After you give your life to Christ, you need to do something very important, which is to establish your authority-by what standard you judge things to be true. One church says one thing, another says another-which is true? Look to the word of God. To be a Christian you need to understand that the Bible is the inspired word of God, without error of any kind. And that is what you really need. Just the word of God, and ask the Holy Spirit to open it up to you. That's a great start. Then, you will be able to find a good church. Many independent Reformed churches are good, but some have slipped away from the word, particularly the Christian Reformed Church, so the way you tell how good they are is if they are orthodox. If so, you have a good one that will line up with the word. Most Baptist churches are good, too. Many Presbyterian churches are good. But any church is a unit. Some may be good, others may be terrible. That's why it's so important to get very familiar with the Bible. And if you have any questions, please ask.

PhilMun

Mind your words!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2003, 06:34:05 AM »

Hello Laisie

It’s the everlasting love of God that touched your heart with His Holy Spirit Who gave you thirst to find the Truth. And the Truth is Christ Jesus, and Him alone (John 14:6). Your first step into following Christ is to become a born again child of God. You don’t need to go anywhere for it. The following is a fine small site, very simply written; please click and read very carefully (you mentioned you already are a Christian but when you read this site, you will know if you really are):

http://www.his-amazing-love.org/sarah.html

(Please send the above site to all your friends. You may write to the webmaster, she is good in right teaching.) The short stories in it will help you understand more the basics and help you trust the Lord Jesus.

Read the Bible, which is the Word of God, as much as you can. Try to meditate what you have read. Fill your heart with the Word of God so that you do not sin against God. (There are errors in Catholic Bible version. Amplified Bible will help you understand easily, I believe; or any other popular version.) Receive the anointing of the Holy Spirit, it will show the real difference.

You need fellowship. So find a Spirit-filled church and join them, but pray, may the Holy Spirit lead you. (John 16:13). He is the heavenly Guide. Don’t go to a Catholic priest with your doubts. And, search for cults in your place and avoid contacting them (like Jehovah’s Witnesses, Latter Day Saints, Mormons, Seventh Day Adventists, etc.). Always pray for the right leading. Yea, don’t be scared. Fear is one of Satan’s potent weapons.

You are only 13, you have longer span of life to serve the Lord Jesus. Find your calling and live for the Lord. Roman Catholics are fine people, I love them. But they are completely deceived and brainwashed. Once you are out, pray for your beloved ones. The Lord will take then out, one-by-one, as per your burdened prayer.

Blessings!

Live today as if you stand before God tomorrow! God has no partiality!!
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2003, 10:06:44 PM »

Philmun! What a lovely site!  I thankyou too!  Other's can be  led to that site as well as Laisie!

Love...Tamara
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2003, 11:08:36 PM »

Why must she join a “spirit-filled” church, philman? And why shouldn’t she go to a Catholic Priest? Why can’t she go out and search for the truth? Clearly Roman Catholics are not brainwashed. The fact that she, at the tender age of 13, considering leaving the church puts one big hole in your thoery. If she wants the truth, she will have to search it out. Lets try to advice her how to find the truth, not tell her where we THINK it is.

Tamara, you could find the good in a pile of crap, couldn’t you? lol, do you ever disagree? I love reading your posts, so uplifting and cheerful.

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2003, 06:51:21 PM »

Tib, I'd love to talk to you more about Catholocism. I know you're Catholic, and I really don't want to offend you, but this religion attributes roles to man that can only be assumed by God. I'm not insulting you in any way; I'm just pointing out the truth. Love in Christ.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2003, 08:21:34 PM »

Are you referrign the Church Government? Would you like to see what happens when you take all the Hierarchy out of a Church? Go visit one of those independent churches. Some of them have board-line Gnostic dourine, other are down right insane. What roles are you referring to?

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2003, 08:23:26 PM »

feel free to reply here, or talk on PM.

Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2003, 07:31:43 AM »

Tamara, you could find the good in a pile of crap, couldn’t you? lol, do you ever disagree? I love reading your posts, so uplifting and cheerful.

ROFL!  Tibby, I don't like disagreeing!  Thankyou!
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2003, 07:36:28 AM »

Are you referrign the Church Government? Would you like to see what happens when you take all the Hierarchy out of a Church? Go visit one of those independent churches. Some of them have board-line Gnostic dourine, other are down right insane. What roles are you referring to?

Tibby...ROFL...I'm afraid I have to agree with you again!
Although I don't believe in heirachy in a church if it is misused and against the Bible, but, I agree that some of the churches I have gone to have sent me fleeing straight home.  Insane?
That may be putting it a bit mildly I think Tib.

Love..Tamara
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the