Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:35:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My Favorite Web-Sites And Studies
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Favorite Web-Sites And Studies  (Read 42818 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« on: October 04, 2003, 07:41:03 PM »

My Favorite Web-Sites And Studies
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Adelaide Grace Ministries
http://www.geocities.com/adelaidegrace/
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Its In The Book

By Pastor Robert Hanna

Scripture Reading:Proverbs 30:5 to 6

How often do we hear defense of a doctrine or interpretation in the declaration,"THE BIBLE SAYS".And how frequently do we encounter those who justify their denominational stand with,"Every promise in the book is mine".By the same token, how staunchly do these same zealots affirm,:We obey every commandment of God ".One cannot help but wonder at the number of various and sundry and divergent sectarian divisions.For if all of the above convictions are valid , why need there be but one persuasion that of total compliance with the every instruction to be found the entire body of scripture?

"Every word of God is pure:He is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.Add thou not unto His words,lest He reprove thee,and thou be found a liar (Prov. 30:5,6). What shall we do, then,with: HEAL THE SICK,CLEANSE THE LEPERS,RAISE THE DEAD,CAST OUT DEVILS..."(Matt.10:Cool? And how shall we regard the instruction to"MAKE THEE AN ARK OF GOPHER WOOD;ROOMS SHALT THOU MAKE IN THE ARK,AND SHALT PITCH WITHIN AND WITHOUT WITH PITCH: (Gen..6:14)? The obvious answer of course, is that in neither example was god commanding you and me to do these things.

In the first instance referred to above, Jesus Christ, during His earthly ministries ["I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel"(Matt. 15:24).],was dispatching His twelve disciples to perform a miraculous ministry for which He was empowering them and equipping them specifically .And the other instruction was given to Noah exclusively and related only to the circumstances of Noah's generation.

What is the significance, then of that terribly frightening word "DISPENSATIONALISM"? It simply defines the application of Gods own instruction to his saints:"Study to shew thyself approved unto god, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD oF TRUTH"(2 Tim.2:15)Detractors will do well to heed God's admonition rather than the shackles of tradition!

Scripture Quotations taken from the Holy Bible (King James Version)

Taken from the book: The Truth About The Truth: by Pastor Robert Hanna

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 09:59:31 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Ambassador4Christ,

AMEN!

Thank you Brother. That is a beautiful site.

In Christ,
Tom

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2003, 10:35:56 PM »

NKJV   Sad

PhilKosba

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2003, 06:03:39 PM »

Hello A4C

Hi, I have opened the site and as usual, read first their Doctrinal Statement.

They have linked to a long 5-series study on Water Baptism. As I am so busy to read the whole thing, and as this is your favorite site which you believe and so promote to all, would you please be kind enough to write, in short, what they say about Water Baptism in clause No.12 of their Doctrinal Statement? Thank you.

Blessings!

Cry from the Hell: "Why did I ignore Jesus?"
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2003, 06:25:40 PM »

QUOTE Brother blackeyedpeas:

AMEN!

Thank you Brother. That is a beautiful site.

In Christ,
Tom
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A4C:

Your Welcome Brother Grin

QUOTE Saved4Ever: NKJV

A4C:
Yes Bro, but remenber I posted a study with KJV Grin
Quote PhilKosba:

Hello A4C

They have linked to a long 5-series study on Water Baptism. As I am so busy to read the whole thing, and as this is your favorite site which you believe and so promote to all, would you please be kind enough to write, in short, what they say about Water Baptism in clause No.12 of their Doctrinal Statement? Thank you.

Blessings!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A4C:

Will do

Grace & Peace

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2003, 04:43:39 AM »

Hello A4C

Blessings!

No.12

The Scriptures contain several water baptism ceremonies which we believe are related to God's earthly kingdom purposes concerning Israel and the nations (Acts 2:36-38; 13:24), but the Apostle Paul, whom Christ sent not to baptise (1 Cor 1:17), explicitly states concerning the Body of Christ, "There is one baptism" (Eph 4:5), which is administered by the Holy Spirit and not by human hands (Col 2:11,12), which results in the permanent union of every believer as a member of the Church which is His Body (1 Cor 12:13). Therefore this Church does not practise the ordinance of water baptism BUT recognising the differences in understanding on the part of sincere believers in this Church and from other denominations who are our beloved brother and sisters in Christ, grants the liberty to its members in grace to adhere to their own convictions on the subject, as long as they do not invest any saving merit in water baptism, or make the subject a matter of contention in the Church.

I agree with the above doctrine

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2003, 02:56:32 PM »

Hello A4C

Blessings!

There is one baptism" (Eph 4:5), which is administered by the Holy Spirit and not by human hands (Col 2:11,12), which results in the permanent union of every believer as a member of the Church which is His Body (1 Cor 12:13). Therefore this Church does not practise the ordinance of water baptism.

Grace & Peace

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2003, 03:05:51 PM »

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Berean Workman
http://www.bereanworkman.com/
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Saved By Grace

(Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: {9} Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Grace is "unmerited favor", it is not something that you earn. You are saved by grace and it is not because of anything you do or merit. Your salvation is NOT based on your performance or works of any kind.

Saved by grace means that God is doing you a favor and He is disregarding what you deserve or merit. This means that God is giving you what you do NOT deserve and/or could NOT merit.

"Saved by grace" means that you can do no performance good enough to earn it. God, the giver of grace, is dealing with you solely on the basis of love and mercy. Salvation is a gift of God.

(Romans 11:6 KJV) And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Grace is the opposite of works. The two cannot be mixed together in any way. Even the tiniest amount of works destroys grace. Whenever works are involved then it can be said that it is no longer grace. It is 100% grace or 100% works, no mixture of the two is allowed; it is always one or the other.

(Romans 4:4-5 KJV) Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. {5} But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

If you have to work for your salvation, then it would be considered a reward, something that is merited, earned or something that is owed to you. In other words, if you have to work for salvation then that would make God indebted to you; God would owe you salvation in return.

If you receive something by grace, it is given to you as a free gift, you do nothing to earn it. This is the exact opposite of a reward.

Salvation is "by grace" and absolutely no works are involved in obtaining or maintaining one's salvation, for even the slightest amount of works makes it no more grace.

Although, salvation is by grace you need faith to receive God's gift. Faith is not a work. Faith concerns the placing of trust, confidence or reliance in someone else and their works, instead of depending on your own works to save you.

For by grace are you saved through faith means that you place your trust, confidence and reliance on what God has given to you because  Christ died for your sins, was buried and rose again on the third day.

Faith is the only thing that will not insult God, who is being gracious to you, faith will never destroy grace.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2003, 05:02:22 PM »

AMEN! Thank you Brother.

In Christ,
Tom

ElmerGlue

Praying for the soon coming Kingdom of God.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2003, 06:00:23 PM »

Grace is the opposite of works. The two cannot be mixed together in any way. Even the tiniest amount of works destroys grace. Whenever works are involved then it can be said that it is no longer grace. It is 100% grace or 100% works, no mixture of the two is allowed; it is always one or the other.

Jam 2:17   Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.  
    Jam 2:18   Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.  
    Jam 2:19   Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.  
    Jam 2:20   But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?  
    Jam 2:21   Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?  
    Jam 2:22   Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?  
    Jam 2:23   And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.  
    Jam 2:24   Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.  
    Jam 2:25   Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent [them] out another way?  
    Jam 2:26   For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

It is by faith that you make your decisions, and so this is my faith. We all make decisions based on what we know, so it is our responsibility to do what we feel, and know, is right.

It is when we do not make a decision on what we know and learn that we can do ourselves the biggest disservice.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2003, 06:23:39 PM »

Jam 2:17   Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.  
    Jam 2:18   Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.  
    Jam 2:19   Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.  
    Jam 2:20   But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?  
    Jam 2:21   Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?  
    Jam 2:22   Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?  
    Jam 2:23   And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.  
    Jam 2:24   Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.  
    Jam 2:25   Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent [them] out another way?  
    Jam 2:26   For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

James 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Some say they contradict each other, that James teaches salvation by works and Paul salvation by grace.

Which one is right?

Both are!

James is not written to the church the body of Christ it is written to Israel.

Notice: James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

These verses do not contradict one another. One passage is written to Israel the other to the church the body of Christ.

"Grace & Peace"

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2003, 06:50:01 PM »

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Grace Alive
http://www.gracealive.us/index.html

Gospel, Gospel, Who's Got the Gospel? (Part 1 of 3)

In Paul's letter to the Galatians we read of a problem that had developed in the Galatian churches. Some had come into these assemblies preaching another gospel and the Galatians were being led astray by their teaching.

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. Galatians 1:6-9

Notice that Paul makes clear that the other gospel being preached was not completely without basis. That is, it was not unscriptural. It was however, undispensational. The Jews who were coming from Jerusalem to trouble the saints in Galatia were adding elements from the Gospel of the Circumcision, to Paul's Gospel of the Uncircumcision.

And certain men which came down [to Galatia] from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved. Acts 15:1

In order to avoid the problem faced by the churches of Galatia, we must understand the content of the various gospel messages of Scripture.

The Gospel of the Circumcision

In Galatians 2, Paul refers to two different gospel messages, the gospel of the circumcision, and the gospel of the uncircumcision.

But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; Galatians 2:7

We shall first consider the content of the gospel of the circumcision.

In order to understand the gospel of the circumcision we must go back to the place where God instituted circumcision, the book of Genesis.

And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations. This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised. And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you. Genesis 17:9-11

God instituted circumcision as a sign of the covenant that He made with Abraham. The "Gospel of the Circumcision" is the good news that that covenant contained. God initially revealed this good news to Abraham in Genesis 12.

Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will show thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. Genesis 12:1-3

The good news is repeated again in Genesis 15.

And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be. And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness. And he said unto him, I am the LORD that brought thee out of Ur of the Chaldees, to give thee this land to inherit it. Genesis 15:5-7

The two main elements of the Gospel of the Circumcision are a people and a land. Notice that in both passages above Abraham is promised a vast multiplied seed. Abraham was to be the father of millions of descendents. Obviously, if Abraham was to have millions of descendents, those descendents would need a place to live. This need is filled in the granting of a land to Abraham. The dimensions of this land are spelled out in scripture. (See Genesis 15:18-21) There is also a third bit of good news implied in the promise of Genesis 12. Abraham's descendents were to become a "nation". This indicates a governmental structure to rule over the promised people in the promised land. We will deal with this promise more fully later when we discuss the Gospel of the Kingdom.

Once we understand the content of the Gospel of the Circumcision, it is clear that it cannot apply to us. As Gentiles (those who are not physical descendents of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob), we are not a part of the people and land promised to Abraham. We are specifically excluded from the Gospel of the Circumcision.

The Gospel of the Uncircumcision

In the Galatians passage quoted above Paul mentioned another gospel message, the Gospel of the Uncircumcision. Even the name would indicate to us that this gospel is very different than the Gospel of the Circumcision. Paul defined the content of this gospel later in the book of Galatians.

But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. Galatians 6:14,15

The heart of the gospel message that Paul preached is that circumcision profits nothing. (See also Galatians 5:2.) This is a marked contrast to the message of the Gospel of the Circumcision. Paul expanded upon the truth of the Gospel of the Uncircumcision in his letter to the Ephesians.

Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: Ephesians 2:11-16

Today access to God is not through a nation of circumcised Jews but through "one new man", the Church, the Body of Christ. In the Body of Christ circumcision and uncircumcision are not an issue. Jews and Gentiles are reconciled together in Christ, and in Him, reconciled to God.

As uncircumcised Gentiles, we can rejoice in the fact that today God is offering a gospel that includes us. No longer are we on the wrong side of the "middle wall of partition". We can now take our place, in Christ, as a part of the "household of God" (See Ephesians 2:19). This is the message of the Gospel of the Uncircumcision.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2003, 06:59:28 PM by Ambassador4Christ » Logged

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2003, 06:57:02 PM »

Grace Alive

Gospel, Gospel, Who's Got the Gospel? (Part 2 of 3)

The Gospel of the Kingdom

The next gospel message that we will consider, the Gospel of the Kingdom, is closely related to the Gospel of the Circumcision that we discussed above. It is the gospel message that Christ proclaimed during His earthly ministry.

And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people. Matthew 4:23

The most evident content of the Gospel of the Kingdom was that the Kingdom of Heaven was as hand. This is the message proclaimed by both Christ and His twelve apostles.

From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Matthew 4:17

These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Matthew 10:5-7

The Gospel of the Kingdom brings clearly into focus the third element of the Gospel of the Circumcision that God revealed to Abraham. The Gospel of the Kingdom explains in detail the governmental structure that will be put in place to make the people and land promised to Abraham a nation. Obviously, the roots of the Gospel of the Kingdom can be traced back to God's promise to Abraham, but it is in a promise to another Old Testament saint that we see it more fully expanded and explained. This explanation comes in the promise of Nathan, the prophet, to David.

And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever. I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men: But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee. And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever. I Samuel 7:12-16

David is promised that it will be his lineage that will rule over the people of Israel in the promised land forever. This promise is to be fulfilled not only in David's son Solomon, but ultimately in his son, Jesus Christ.

And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. Luke 1:30-33

During His earthly ministry, Christ made clear that he would not bring in the kingdom at that time, but would return a second time to establish the kingdom.

And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. Luke 19:11,12

This parable is a beautiful description of Daniel's prophecy concerning Christ's receiving of kingdom authority.

I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. Daniel 7:13,14

It must be noted that while the Gospel of the Kingdom was certainly very good news for the recipients of that kingdom, it was very bad news for those that would oppose the establishment of God's kingdom on the earth. In order for the kingdom to be established, the opponents of that kingdom must be destroyed. This is exactly what happens at the return of Christ.

And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh. Revelation 19:19-21

It is only after Christ has destroyed the opponents of the kingdom that His reign of peace can begin.

The Gospel of the Kingdom is good news about the coming of Christ to establish a literal, visible, physical, earthly, kingdom, sitting on the throne of His father, David.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2003, 07:01:49 PM »

Grace Alive

Gospel, Gospel, Who's Got the Gospel? (Part 3 of 3)

The Gospel of the Grace of God

The Gospel of the Grace of God is a gospel message that is closely related to the Gospel of the Uncircumcision that we discussed above. The Gospel of the Grace of God is the message of salvation that is proclaimed to and by the Church, the Body of Christ, the topic of the Gospel of the Uncircumcision.

But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. Acts 20:24

It should not be surprising to find that the time in which the Gospel of the Grace of God is preached, is called the Dispensation of the Grace of God.

For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: Ephesians 3:1,2

While it is true that God has, throughout history, offered grace to various individuals and groups. (See Genesis 6:Cool, the thing that is unique about the Dispensation of Grace is that God is offering grace to ALL men. That is why the Gospel of the Grace of God is so closely related to the Gospel of the Uncircumcision. Today grace is not being offered only to the physical descendents of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. All men, without distinction, have been given the opportunity to be reconciled to God through the Body of Christ.

But now in Christ Jesus ye [Gentiles] who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both [Jew and Gentile] one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Ephesians 2:13-18

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:26-28

The wrath of God that was to come to prepare for the establishment of the earthly kingdom has been withheld. Today God is not punishing the inhabitants of the earth for their sin and rebellion against Him. We can see a beautiful type of this offer of grace and mercy in the salvation and ministry of Paul.

And I [Paul] thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. I Timothy 1:12-16

Paul was the chief of sinners. He was leading the persecution of the kingdom church in early Acts. So intense as his hatred for God's people that the Scripture tells us that he was "breathing out threatenings and slaughter" against them. Certainly if there ever was a man that deserved the wrath of God, it was Saul. But instead of pouring out judgement and wrath, God reached down in mercy and grace and saved Saul. He then sent him to the world with the Gospel of the Grace of God, a gospel of which Paul was a pattern.

The Gospel of the Grace of God tells the good news of God's wrath withheld. It offers grace, mercy, and peace to all men. It is the message of the Church, the Body of Christ in the Dispensation of the Grace of God.

Who's Got Your Gospel?

The gospel messages for today are the gospels proclaimed by Paul, the apostle of the Gentiles in the Age of Grace; the Gospel of the Circumcision and the Gospel of the Grace of God. It is the message proclaimed by these gospels that he refers to as "my gospel" and that plays a key role in our establishment in the faith.

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, Romans 16:25

We cannot be established in the faith and lead a life pleasing to the Lord if we are following another gospel. Our gospel message is found in the epistles of Paul, the apostle of the Gentiles.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

ElmerGlue

Praying for the soon coming Kingdom of God.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2003, 07:10:14 PM »

A4C,

So I am a little confused on how works fall into your beliefs. Are you suggesting that we as Christian should not do works because we will fall into the trap that we will think that we earned our salvation. You are obviously very enthused on this subject, so I would love some input.

So are there different categories of works that you are trying to describe?:
1. works that one will do and think they earn salvation, and
2. works that one will do because they are saved.

Could you describe both if both exist (and for that matter how they differ), because if anyone is a Christian, then you would think that because God gave you this amazing gift, that you will try to do good works since I would feel almost indebted?Huh

It is by faith that you make your decisions, and so this is my faith. We all make decisions based on what we know, so it is our responsibility to do what we feel, and know, is right.

It is when we do not make a decision on what we know and learn that we can do ourselves the biggest disservice.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the