Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:08:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Psalm 72 - The Coming New World Order
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Psalm 72 - The Coming New World Order  (Read 2798 times)
TrevorL

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2004, 06:41:56 AM »

Psalm 72 - The Coming New World Order Soon to be Established on Earth

Psalm 72 (KJV - with headings added): A Psalm for Solomon
The King's Son
1 Give the king thy judgments, O God, and thy righteousness unto the king's son.
2 He shall judge thy people with righteousness, and thy poor with judgment.
3 The mountains shall bring peace to the people, and the little hills, by righteousness.
The Blessings of His Reign
4 He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.
5 They shall fear thee as long as the sun and moon endure, throughout all generations.
6 He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth.
7 In his days shall the righteous flourish; and abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth.
A World-Wide Kingdom
8 He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth.
9 They that dwell in the wilderness shall bow before him; and his enemies shall lick the dust.
The Nations Pay Homage
10 The kings of Tarshish and of the isles shall bring presents: the kings of Sheba and Seba shall offer gifts.
11 Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him.
12 For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper.
13 He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall save the souls of the needy.
14 He shall redeem their soul from deceit and violence: and precious shall their blood be in his sight.
15 And he shall live, and to him shall be given of the gold of Sheba: prayer also shall be made for him continually; and daily shall he be praised.
The Earth Bountiful
16 There shall be an handful of corn in the earth upon the top of the mountains; the fruit thereof shall shake like Lebanon: and they of the city shall flourish like grass of the earth.
17 His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed.
The Whole World Glorified
18 Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things.
19 And blessed be his glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amen, and Amen.
20 The prayers of David the son of Jesse are ended.

This prayer of David, although addressed to Solomon, looks beyond his time to the greater son of David, Jesus Christ, who will return to establish his kingdom on earth. Luke records the words that Gabriel spake to Mary concerning Jesus' future rule in
Luke 1:32-33 (KJV): "32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."
Jesus will reign over the "house of Jacob" when he returns and "turns away ungodliness from Jacob" Romans 11:26.

The promises made to David concerning his son and David's throne are recorded in 2 Samuel 7:12-16. They state also that God would be his Father, and this is shown in its fulfilment in Luke 1:35. This is the qualification for Jesus to be heir over God's dominion, God's kingdom Genesis 1:26, Psalm 8:6, Matthew 11:25-27.

The promises are alluded to in
Isaiah 55:1-3 (KJV): "Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. 2 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. 3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David."
The promise to David is therefore extended to all those that incline the ear, and come unto God. They will receive an everlasting covenant, even the sure mercies of David. These covenant mercies are sure. We can rely on their fulfilment. We can trust in them. This call and recommendation by Isaiah should be sufficient for us to trust in these "sure mercies" for herein is life, "your soul shall live".

Peter adds his testimony in
Acts 2:29-32 (KJV): "29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses."
We can be assured of receiving the everlasting mercies of David because Jesus the king, who will soon sit on David's throne, has been raised from the dead.

Paul also adds his testimony in Acts 13:26-39. He speaks of the resurrection in
v34 "And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David".
If we believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus and trust in these promises we will receive "the forgiveness of sins" v38, and will be "justified from all things" v39. We will receive "the sure mercies of David", an entrance into the kingdom of God when Jesus returns to establish the new world order.

Kind regards
Trevor
InHimITrust

Jesus is Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 12:09:19 PM »

The new "world order" came when Christ took out His enemies and the synagogue of satan in 70ad.
    Unless you believe God hasn't poured out His spirit on you and you are now part of His kingdom and to proclaim it to the rest of the world, then you are still part of the old "world order" of Judaism, which God condemend thru the prophets and Christ.
    We are the "messiahs" of God now and we live thru His spirit now and we are His vessels to help bring others to belief in God and His son and to make this world a better plave to live.
   Anyway, I don't know about any new world order but the one that God instituted in the first century, but since I am now living in His new world order now, I feel blessed and happy in the Lord now, as do my family and people I know.
    The whold bible is centered on God bringing all of us under His kingdom here and now, and the promise of eternal life with Him when we die.

Galatian 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love [is] the fulfillment of the law.
Reba
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 12:12:08 PM »

The new "world order" came when Christ took out His enemies and the synagogue of satan in 70ad.
    Unless you believe God hasn't poured out His spirit on you and you are now part of His kingdom and to proclaim it to the rest of the world, then you are still part of the old "world order" of Judaism, which God condemend thru the prophets and Christ.
    We are the "messiahs" of God now and we live thru His spirit now and we are His vessels to help bring others to belief in God and His son and to make this world a better plave to live.
   Anyway, I don't know about any new world order but the one that God instituted in the first century, but since I am now living in His new world order now, I feel blessed and happy in the Lord now, as do my family and people I know.
    The whold bible is centered on God bringing all of us under His kingdom here and now, and the promise of eternal life with Him when we die.

WOW ! Welcome A big welcome not many of us around  Cheesy
Bronzesnake
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 01:14:27 PM »

You seem to be ignoring something my friend.
 If Revelation is in the past, and, as you would have us believe, happened in 70 AD. Then why would John not even begin to write Revelation until he was on the Isle of Patmos at age 90?  long after 70 AD,  and include such a statement as the following...

Revelation 1

1The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2who testifies to everything he saw--that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

Revelation 4

1After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

At the time John was being instructed to write down Revelation, he was being told the things which he was seeing had not taken place as of yet. So why do you believe these things had already happened? Was Jesus wrong?
Of course not. John was writing down Prophetic events of the future. He was seeing a time when the entire world would be constantly under threat of war. When natural disasters would be unprecedented in their frequency and their devastating power. He witnessed the rise of the antichrist (satan) as a world leader who eventually gained control of the entire planet through a one world government. Finally, John saw the wrath of God poured out over the entire planet. Read the extent of the destruction and ask yourself if this has already taken place. John was also wittiness to the second coming of Jesus, where He returns from Heaven with His Saints. That did not happen yet, nor has the world been judged, neither have we, His Saints, received our eternal bodies. Have we stepped foot in the Holy New Jerusalem which is described coming down from Heaven to the earth? No!

Revelation is a prophetic vision witnessed by John describing future events, leading up to the Rapture of His Saints, The wrath/tribulation, satan's rule, and triumphant return of Jesus with His Saints.

George Bush Sr. mentioned a "new world order" over two hundred times in public speeches during his term as president of the U.S. Take a look around at world politics. We are now adhering to the decisions of the "world court" on international and world wide legal issues. We are heading toward relinquishing of our sovereignty. The E.U. is becoming more and more powerful every day. Their is serious talk that one of the reason the U.S. really invaded Iraq was because Saddam was about to accept the Euro currency. That would have destroyed the U.S. economy virtually over night.

We are on the brink of a one world government whether you like it or not my friend. The rest of the world are tired of us Americans/Canadians, having all the prime cuts of meat. They want a fair distribution of wealth and the only way that will ever happen is if their is a single world president who takes the entire world into consideration in regards to all affairs of "state" Once this government is established, satan will take the reins. With a microchip system and a super computer capable of trillions of calculations per second, he will have total control over all who have the chip/mark of the beast. None will be able to buy or sell without it, because there will be no cash or credit cards, all transactions will be through a credit system through the microchip.

Don't believe it?
Check it out...and be afraid...be very afraid! Wink

http://www.digitalangel.net/

Bronzesnake.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2004, 06:14:31 PM by Bronzesnake » Logged
InHimITrust

Jesus is Lord

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 10:15:02 PM »

Whatever you feel you believe in Bronze. I don't go to other sites, except for bible versions and lexicons to help with my own study thru the Spirit.
     Fortunately, more are beginning to see the real truth in God's words, just as they did in the first century, and we are living in God's kingdom now.
     Anyway, you have your beliefs, and I am quite happy in mine, as God came to me and I know I am saved in Jesus Christ and only await living eternally with Him when I die. I will bring His message to others and show them the joy and happiness that is in Christ and to simply love God and others, thru His Son. I guess the end time prophecy books will continue to outsell the bible, what a shame. For those who need for Him to show up in the future "earthly reign", I can only hope their dream comes true.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2004, 10:16:41 PM by InHimITrust » Logged

Galatian 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love [is] the fulfillment of the law.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2004, 12:22:10 AM »

Whatever you feel you believe in Bronze. I don't go to other sites, except for bible versions and lexicons to help with my own study thru the Spirit.
     Fortunately, more are beginning to see the real truth in God's words, just as they did in the first century, and we are living in God's kingdom now.
     Anyway, you have your beliefs, and I am quite happy in mine, as God came to me and I know I am saved in Jesus Christ and only await living eternally with Him when I die. I will bring His message to others and show them the joy and happiness that is in Christ and to simply love God and others, thru His Son. I guess the end time prophecy books will continue to outsell the bible, what a shame. For those who need for Him to show up in the future "earthly reign", I can only hope their dream comes true.
All the same, you can't have it both ways my friend. The fact that John wrote Revelation after 70 AD must bother you on some level.

By the way...The Bible is still the number one best seller of all time, so your statement about end time prophecy books outselling it is erronious.
asaph

Call on Jesus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 02:01:55 AM »

"When we die..." where will we live and in what form? What about resurrection?
"Show up in the future..." I agree that we have Jesus now as the life giving Spirit "the Lord is that Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty" "Now ye are the body of Christ". Christ is present and where He is, there is the Kingdom reality. But this does not negate a future manifestation of the Kingdom. We can have it both ways!

Thanks,
Asaph

Aiki Storm

I'm anything but a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 12:24:09 PM »

The new "world order" came when Christ took out His enemies and the synagogue of satan in 70ad.CHRIST TOOK OUT HIS ENEMIES ON THE CROSS WHEN HE DIED FOR OUR SINS AND OVERCAME DEATH.  THE NEWAGE IS YET TO COME AND IT WILL BE HERE ON A NEW EARTH.  
    We are the "messiahs" of God now and we live thru His spirit now and we are His vessels to help bring others to belief in God and His son and to make this world a better plave to live.No.  WE ARE TO BE CHILDREN AND MESSENGERS OF GOD NOW AND TO LIVE FOR HIM.  TO HELP BRING OTHERS TO KNOW HIM TO SAVE AS MANY AS POSSIBLE TO BE PART OF HIS KINGDOM.  IF WE ARE ALL MESSIAHS, WHY DID JESUS DIE ON A CROSS FOR US???  
   Anyway, I don't know about any new world order but the one that God instituted in the first century, but since I am now living in His new world order now, YOU ARE LIVING IN THE AGE OF HIS GRACE NOW. I feel blessed and happy in the Lord now, as do my family and people I know.
DONT KNOW WHAT BIBLE YOU ARE GETTING YOUR INFO. FROM Huh

Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.
TrevorL

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2004, 06:30:05 AM »

Psalm 72 - The Coming New World Order Soon to be Established on Earth
In response to the replies on this topic, I believe that the various quotations and brief comments on the original post, although not held by many, are central to a correct belief of God's future kingdom to be established when Christ returns as king to sit on David's throne in Jerusalem.
"InHimITrust" stated:
The Mosaic order of things were finally overthrown or "vanished away" Hebrews 8:13 in AD70, but Jesus brought to a finish the Law in his crucifixion, when he fulfilled all the shadow institutions and sacrifices under the Law.
John 1:17 (KJV): "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."
Yes, there has been two systems of things, and Jesus was the very embodiment of grace and truth, they came by Jesus Christ. In comparison Moses only gave the Law. From Day 1 of his preaching he spoke of blessing, Matthew 5:1-12, and this involves grace and the forgiveness of sins. In a sense each believer is in the kingdom now, as Christ is our Lord, our Master, our King, but the subject has a larger and greater meaning when Christ returns to establish a new world order, that is, his kingdom.

The subject of the resurrection and the coming new age is clearly a Bible teaching. The emphasis of the Apostles is not eternal life when we die, but the hope of resurrection when Christ returns. An example of this is Paul's hope of a crown of righteousness when Christ returns:
2 Timothy 4:6-8 (KJV): "6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing."

The present era is characterised by a few being taken out of the nations for God's name:
Acts 15:14 (KJV): "Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name."
The kingdom age will be when Christ returns and replaces the kingdoms of men with the Kingdom of God.
Daniel 2:44 (KJV): "And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever."
Isaiah 2:1-4 (KJV): "1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

Concerning your comments Bronzesnake, I do believe with you in the end-times, a time of trouble before the Kingdom of God is fully established. I have not read any of the books or articles that are popular in certain quarters. I did not go to your site. The small sample that you gave did not seem to be very Scriptural, but reflects some of the popular end-time theorising that changes often, sometimes depending on the particular speaker or writer and his current popularity. I do not believe the following is based on Scripture, but based on some of this literature or talks by these popular speakers:
"Bronzesnake" stated:
With a microchip system and a super computer capable of trillions of calculations per second, he will have total control over all who have the chip/mark of the beast:
The only phrase that is based on the Bible is "mark of the beast", the rest is theory or religious-science-fiction. My present view of the sequence of end times is very different to these theories. Also the introduction to the other site was enough to frighten me off.
"Bronzesnake" stated:
Check it out...and be afraid...be very afraid!
I prefer to go to the Scriptures using patience knowing that they bring comfort and hope. My own stability (and I genuinely need this due to weakness) and happiness in the Lord is better served by this process.
Romans 15:4 (KJV): "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."

I enjoyed the following comments by Asaph and Aiki Storm:
"Asaph" stated:
"Christ is present and where He is, there is the Kingdom reality. But this does not negate a future manifestation of the Kingdom."
"Aiki Storm" stated:
"The New Age is yet to come and it will be here on a New Earth."

Kind regards
Trevor
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2004, 07:17:33 AM »

Now thats some reall BAD teaching.

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Bronzesnake
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2004, 01:31:12 PM »

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

Brought on by some bad acid from Woodstock 1!  Shocked

Just kidding IHIT...about the acid.
Reba
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2004, 06:35:03 PM »

What part or parts of the above do you guys understand as 'bad teaching'?
Bronzesnake
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2004, 01:57:36 AM »

What part or parts of the above do you guys understand as 'bad teaching'?
Hello Reeb...

When we talk about the "coming world order" it has nothing to do with our personal relationship with Jesus. IHIT says things such as ...

"Unless you believe God hasn't poured out His spirit on you and you are now part of His kingdom and to proclaim it to the rest of the world, then you are still part of the old "world order" of Judaism, which God condemend thru the prophets and Christ.

We are the "messiahs" of God now and we live thru His spirit now and we are His vessels to help bring others to belief in God and His son and to make this world a better plave to live."

We certainly are not messiahs, I doubt he even knows the real meaning of the word, otherwise he wouldn't have used it in such a manner..

messiah; The anticipated savior of the Jews.
                        Jesus.

messiah One who is anticipated as, regarded as, or professes to be a savior or liberator.

The future "New World Order" is a term used to describe what the book of Revelation describes as a one world government headed and ruled by a world dictator, satan, in the end times.

satan will gain world wide control in the end times, as God says he will. IHIT doesn't believe this, nor does he understand the book of Revelation. He keeps referring to the new world order as an event which began "when Christ took out His enemies and the synagogue of satan in 70ad"

For starters, Christ did not destroy satan in 70AD, satan is alive and kicking at this very moment, but Jesus tells us that his time is short.  Jesus took the sins of the world upon Himself, in order that we should all be cleansed and saved. Jesus conquered death when He was crucified, and resurrected.

In 70 AD the Roman general  Flavius Vespasianus, sent his son Titus and the 15th legion of Apollo, to lay siege on Jerusalem. They destroyed the temple, wiped out Jerusalem, sent the Jews packing, and renamed Israel, Palestine. The crucifixion happened fourty years prior to that event, so IHIT has some mixed up doctrinal ideas.

This is not what we are talking about when we speak of the New World Order from Revelation, however, IHIT refuses to acknowledge this, whether he believes it or not.

How's my spelling?  Cheesy

Bronzesnake.
Reba
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2004, 10:16:23 AM »

&#1502;&#1513;&#1473;&#1497;&#1495;
ma&#770;shi&#770;yach
maw-shee'-akh
From H4886; anointed; usually a consecrated person (as a king, priest, or saint); specifically the Messiah: - anointed, Messiah.

1Pe 2:9  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Phm 1:5  Hearing of thy love and faith, which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints;

I don’t like his use of the word messiah  BUT he did use it in ‘ ‘ and not capitalized.  I did not get the ‘feel ‘ he was saying we are  Gods or we are Jesuses.

Does Jesus have all power?

Mat 28:18  And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Joh 12:31  Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
Joh 12:32  And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
Joh 12:33  This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Seems to me after the physical death of the generation of those who had a BIG hand in the  death of Christ things changed.  It was the end of the Jewish system that is a major change in world history.

I am using “Microsoft word’ this morning so MY spelling should be ok ! Tongue

Bronzesnake
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2004, 02:29:36 PM »

Hi reeb...

I do not dispute anything you stated. As for IHIT...I believe he knows full well what Messiah, or messiah means. Is it ok to call ourselves gods, as opposed to Gods?

Does Jesus have all power?

Mat 28:18  And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Yes, it was given to Him through Father God in heaven. That is why he said all glory belongs to our Father in Heaven, remember, they are one in the same, however, Jesus made a distinction, because as a man, He had no power unless it came from God. The same can be said of us.

Philippians 2:5-11 - Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Bronzesnake.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the