Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:05:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  President Bush's approval rating drops to 38%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: President Bush's approval rating drops to 38%  (Read 12676 times)
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2005, 10:44:21 AM »

Hey here's a thought.  We could all stop trying to push the blame on Bush, or the Govenor, mayor, Brown, Brown's sister's mother's father's brother-in-law's mom.  How 'bout we just blame God?

Now, as sacriligious as that sounds, let me add that I'm 100% serious.  I truly believe that what we've witnessed in N.O. is a sign of the times we are in.  Man can do anything!  Or can he?  I think God gave us a wake up call.  He did so with a massive tsunami, but the U.S. prided themselves on their preparedness.  God just poked a major hole in that pride.  He is Sovereign.  He reigns.  

And as a simple man's political viewpoint...the only man out of this group I'm not seeing point fingers, or otherwise, is Bush.  Wonder if he knows God's in control too... Wink

Just a thought...

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2005, 10:57:05 AM »

Let me also just say that I'm not a blind George W. Bush fan.  I believe that he is the right man for this job at this time.  I believe he's doing the best job he can.  I also believe that some of his decisions aren't the wisest.  I believe that he's gotten us in a wartime situation on faulty information that we may not have needed to get into, politically, socially and most definitely economically.  I also believe that as an American, with no apparant outright biblical fault in this decision, I should support him with my voice, my actions, and my knees.   Smiley  But most importantly, I believe that George W. Bush is a man.  He's not God.  He's not Superman.  He's just a man, with the same limitations that we all have.  He has faults.  He has sin.  But he also has the same Spirit most of us here claim, and the example of He Who was "...tempted in all points yet without sin" to help him make the decisions he has to make.  It's easy to cast blame.  It's not easy making the call.  Like Tom said, Christians should be praying for their leaders regardless of their beliefs.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2005, 11:19:45 AM »

Hi Allinall,

It is not just in New Oleans. There are messages given by God all around the world right now. A typoon in China, Taiwan, Japan, earthquakes and a tsunami.

In New Orleans there was a boat that got tossed around pretty badly and set on dry ground. All of the contents were thrown off of tables and such to the floor except a Bible which laid open on a counter to Rev 10.

In a church which had been under water a Bible was on the communion table. Everything else that had been on the table was on the floor.  This Bible was soaked, it had not floated off but was still on the table and stuck opened to Rev 10.

The Chaplain that was with the unit that found these Bibles was in his tent at night reading his Bible. He got up and away from his table to talk to a Soldier. When he came back his Bible was now open to Rev 10 when it had been open to the book of Psalms.

Are these coincidences or is this God speaking to us?

Take note of Rev 10:11 specifically.

Rev 10:11  And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2005, 11:25:04 AM »

Hi Allinall,

It is not just in New Oleans. There are messages given by God all around the world right now. A typoon in China, Taiwan, Japan, earthquakes and a tsunami.

In New Orleans there was a boat that got tossed around pretty badly and set on dry ground. All of the contents were thrown off of tables and such to the floor except a Bible which laid open on a counter to Rev 10.

In a church which had been under water a Bible was on the communion table. Everything else that had been on the table was on the floor.  This Bible was soaked, it had not floated off but was still on the table and stuck opened to Rev 10.

The Chaplain that was with the unit that found these Bibles was in his tent at night reading his Bible. He got up and away from his table to talk to a Soldier. When he came back his Bible was now open to Rev 10 when it had been open to the book of Psalms.

Are these coincidences or is this God speaking to us?

Take note of Rev 10:11 specifically.

Rev 10:11  And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

I find that God is a God of "coincidence."  Smiley  Nicely pointed out Brother.  Amen and amen.

LittlePilgrim

Little pilgrim, walking down the road of life...

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2005, 12:45:05 PM »

Hm... Very nicely said, Allinall. Smiley

Now... I don't think anything like that is coincidence. The earth is on a collision course with the end times, the moral values of society and of we humans as a whole have taken a sharp nosedive.  Theft, sexual sin, murder, blasphemy, and all other manner of sin are rampent even in our most 'sophisticated' circles and societies. I think all we've seen (and this is just my personal belief) indicates that God is firing warning shots before the actual strike. It's a wakeup call to the whole earth, Christian and non-Christian alike.

These disasters bring to my mind what Jesus said when his disciples asked for signs of the end times. He listed: Wars, rumors of wars, plague, famine, pestilance... Paster Roger, perhaps you could help me look this up. I've never been good with references. XD

It makes me wonder... Are we really focused on the wrong place? Are we so concerned with watching our own backs, our own interests in this country, that we've forgotten to turn our eyes to the skies? Christ said he would come 'Like a thief in the night'... When we least expect it. Are we ready?  Huh

For I am only human, not some hero of the faith/ I'm merely an example of God's mercy and His grace/ I keep my eyes on Jesus when my gains become a loss/ As I stumble to the cross. -Stumble, Timothy Mark
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2005, 01:00:16 PM »

LittlePilgrim,

The verses that you referenced follows.

Mat 24:6  And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7  For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8  All these are the beginning of sorrows.

2Pe 3:9  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2Pe 3:10  But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11  Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12  Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

My pleasure.  Wink Wink

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2005, 01:26:53 PM »

Hm... Very nicely said, Allinall. Smiley

Now... I don't think anything like that is coincidence. The earth is on a collision course with the end times, the moral values of society and of we humans as a whole have taken a sharp nosedive.  Theft, sexual sin, murder, blasphemy, and all other manner of sin are rampent even in our most 'sophisticated' circles and societies. I think all we've seen (and this is just my personal belief) indicates that God is firing warning shots before the actual strike. It's a wakeup call to the whole earth, Christian and non-Christian alike.

These disasters bring to my mind what Jesus said when his disciples asked for signs of the end times. He listed: Wars, rumors of wars, plague, famine, pestilance... Paster Roger, perhaps you could help me look this up. I've never been good with references. XD

It makes me wonder... Are we really focused on the wrong place? Are we so concerned with watching our own backs, our own interests in this country, that we've forgotten to turn our eyes to the skies? Christ said he would come 'Like a thief in the night'... When we least expect it. Are we ready?  Huh

Now that's just good thunkin'!   Cheesy  I'll steal BEP's line here "Keep looking up!"  Smiley

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2005, 10:02:36 PM »

Hello Allinall,

Brother Kevin it's great to hear from you. I do believe that I've heard or seen

KEEP LOOKING UP!!

somewhere before.  Cheesy

AND, more and more, I think that the HOMECOMING might be soon. Right now would be great! I just quoted the following portion of Scripture in another post, but I want to quote it again.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 NASB  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

It is a tremendous comfort to know that this world of sin is not our home. This world gets worse by the minute, but our real citizenship and HOME is not of this world.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Near The Cross

Jesus, keep me near the cross,
There a precious fountain
Free to all, a healing stream
Flows from Calvary’s mountain.

Refrain

In the cross, in the cross,
Be my glory ever;
Till my raptured soul shall find
Rest beyond the river.
Near the cross, a trembling soul,
Love and mercy found me;
There the bright and morning star
Sheds its beams around me.

Refrain

Near the cross! O Lamb of God,
Bring its scenes before me;
Help me walk from day to day,
With its shadows o’er me.

Refrain

Near the cross I’ll watch and wait
Hoping, trusting ever,
Till I reach the golden strand,
Just beyond the river.

Refrain

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2005, 10:59:01 AM »

Tom,

I'm not much for hymns, but that hymn is still one of my favorites.  Love that song Brother.  Thanks for posting it!  I've never been much of a "cloud watcher."  I've always been a more here and now kinda guy.  I've always known and full heartedly believed in the resurrection, Jesus imminent return and being with Him for eternity, but I've always looked to the road before me with my head down.  I'm gettin' more and more bored with that view.   Smiley

Our pastor spoke Sunday from Romans 8:23-25, and correlated it with Ecclesiastes 1:1-5 (? bad memory easy lookup  Cheesy).  He related the passage to our struggles with sin in this life and our hope of eternity with Jesus.  He said that we tend to live day by day, "under the sun."  We need to live day by day "above the sun."  "Huh?"  Was most of our responses!   Cheesy  But he showed the monotiny of Solomon's daily life under the sun.  It was monotinous because it was horizontal in it's viewpoint.  And, as Solomon said, "there's nothing new under the sun."  If we'd just take the time to realize the relationship with our Abba Father Who is above the sun, and start looking at life from a vertical point of view, we'd get along alot better.  Yet, scripturally minded as I tend to be, Paul was writing about his difficulties with this body of death.  MAN!  What a perspective!  Our life is above the sun.  We should be walking day in and day out not only expectantly looking for His return, but longing for it.  I truly believe that such a perspective in life makes the horizontal preparedness we want when He returns a far more simple thing.  Not that we attain it, but that we strive to attain it.  We fight the good fight keeping the faith with the hope of eternity just over there.  

Good thoughts Tom.   Smiley  And let me just repeat...

KEEP LOOKING UP!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 11:01:27 AM by Allinall » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2005, 11:48:18 AM »

Amen brothers.

Allinall, I agree with your Pastor only I have always used the term that we should "live day by day under the Son rather than under the sun". It's meaning is the same as your Pastors statement.

Rom 8:24  For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Rom 8:25  But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2005, 01:08:11 PM »

Amen brothers.

Allinall, I agree with your Pastor only I have always used the term that we should "live day by day under the Son rather than under the sun". It's meaning is the same as your Pastors statement.

Rom 8:24  For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Rom 8:25  But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Amen!

LittlePilgrim

Little pilgrim, walking down the road of life...

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2005, 07:05:47 PM »

Amen indeed! Smiley

For I am only human, not some hero of the faith/ I'm merely an example of God's mercy and His grace/ I keep my eyes on Jesus when my gains become a loss/ As I stumble to the cross. -Stumble, Timothy Mark
JimmySwift

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2005, 05:58:33 AM »

Very well co-opted boys.  my congrats to you all.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2005, 01:07:16 PM »

Co-opted?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2005, 03:06:46 PM »

Co-opted?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the