Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:35:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Benny Hinn or Ben Hinnom?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Benny Hinn or Ben Hinnom?  (Read 43801 times)
creationist

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2004, 08:07:00 AM »

Jeremiah 32:35  They built high places for Baal in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to sacrifice their sons and daughters to Molech, though I never

BENNY'S IDEAS (Quotes)

"Had the Holy Spirit not been with Jesus, He would have sinned" (Good Morning Holy Spirit, first edition, 1990, p135);
"Jesus knew the only way He would stop Satan is by becoming one in nature with him" (Benny Hinn, TBN, 15th December 1990).
"Before He died, I should say, on that cross, something happened to Him which began the wheels of the New Creation moving that was this: He died spiritually! …Jesus Christ understood that spiritual death is union with the satanic nature. …What is spiritual death? Separation from God" (New Creation in Christ sermon, late 1988).

The Trinity- 3 or 9?
"Each one of them is a triune being by Himself...there's nine of them" (Benny Hinn, TBN, 3rd October 1990).
"God the Father is a person separate from the Holy Ghost. Totally separate. ...Do you know that the Holy Spirit has a soul and a body separate from that of Jesus and the Father? ...God the Father then is a triune being within Himself. He's a person, He has His own Spirit, He has a soul. …A soul is my intellect. …God thinks. …separate from the Son and separate from the Holy Ghost. …God the Father is a separate individual from the Son and the Holy Ghost, who is a triune being who walks in a spirit body and He has hair…has eyes…has a mouth…has hands" (Orlando Christian Centre, Oct 13th 1990).

"Adam was a super-being when God created him. ...The Scriptures declare clearly that he had dominion over the fowls of the air...which means he used to fly. ...Adam not only flew, he flew to space. He was- with one thought he would be on the moon" (Praise the Lord, TBN, 26th December 1991).

"You say, 'Benny, am I a little God?' You're a son of God, aren't you?...What else are you? Quit your nonsense!...If you say, 'I am,' you're saying you're part of Him, right? Is He God? Are you His offspring? Are you His children? You can't be human! You can't! You can't!" (Our Position in Christ#2, 1990,audiotape,sd2)
"When you were born again the Word was made flesh in you. And you became flesh of His flesh and bone of His bone. Don't tell me you have Jesus. You are everything He was and everything He is and ever shall be... Don't say, 'I have.' Say, 'I am, I am, I am, I am, I am'" (ibid.)
"When you say, 'I am a Christian,' you are saying, 'I am mashiach,' in the Hebrew. I am a little messiah walking on earth, in other words. That is a shocking revelation. ...May I say it like this? You are a little god on earth running around" (Praise-a-Thon, TBN, 6th November'90)
"In my case, I know I have lost complete desire for anything to do with the world. My worldly desires are gone....I no longer have any rebellion in me." (The Anointing, p177-8.)
"SO, I'M BENNY JEHOVAH!" (Spiritual warfare seminar, May 2 1990).
"Say after me: 'Within me is a God-Man.' Say it again. 'Within me is a God-Man.' [Congregation repeats.] Now, let's say even better than that. Let's say, 'I AM A GOD-MAN.' …This spirit man within me is a God-Man. …Say 'I'm born-of-heaven-God-Man. I'm a God-Man. I'm a sample of Jesus. I'm a super being'" (Praise the Lord, TBN, Dec 6 1990).
"God came to earth and touched a piece of dust and turned it into a God. …Are you a child of God? Then you're divine! Are you a child of God? Then you're not human!" (TBN, Dec 1, 1990).
"When I stand in Christ- I am one with Him; united to Him; one spirit with Him. I am not, hear me, I AM NOT PART OF HIM, I AM HIM! THE WORD HAS BECOME FLESH IN ME!. …When my hand touches someone, it's the hand of Jesus touching somebody" (Our Position in Christ).
"I [Jesus] loved you enough to become one of ya! And I love you enough to make you one of me!" (TBN, Dec 1 '90).

"God told Abram He could touch this earth till a man gave it back to Him" (World Charismatic Conference, 7th August 1992); "Never, ever, ever go the Lord and say, 'If it be thy will....' Don't allow such faith-destroying words to be spoken from your mouth" (Rise and Be Healed!, 1991, p47-48).

"Jesus was born again [in hell]" (Our Position in Christ#1, 1991, audio-tape).

"The Holy Spirit says, 'God's original plan is that the woman was to bring forth children out of her side" (Our Position in Christ#5,1990,audiotape,sde2)

Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 02:37:10 PM »

just curious, is it me or does benny hinn seem to contradict both his own words and Scripture? I think so, that's why I don't particularly watch him...too much 'entertaining' instead of preaching of the Word of God...just wondering.

In His Service,
Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
C C

loving your neighbor includes your neighbor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 03:00:06 PM »

Grin  I don't need to listen to his doctrine,

I can tell by his house and his car who his gods really are.   Wink

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you would include not finding your neighbor's biggest fault and then harping on it as if it were your mission.
creationist

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 06:48:33 AM »

Yes , BUT!
All my Pentacostal friends love him.
C C

loving your neighbor includes your neighbor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 12:53:22 PM »

Grin  He hasn't given up all that he has to follow the Lord.  There's people at this moment starving to death.  

But did you know that 24,000 people worldwide die every day from starvation and malnutrition? That’s over 8 million each year. Three of four who die are younger than five years old.

Did you also know, that hunger relief groups estimate that it would take 13 billion dollars a year to end hunger for the Earth's poorest citizens?

If he really was listening to the Lord, he'd probably sell a car or a house or two and buy somebody lunch.

I'm not going to sit around and say he's not saved.  I think what happened to him is what happens to most greedy Christians, the cares of this world chocked the Word in his heart.  

He's not the only  loud Christian talker out there with enough money to feed half a block worth of people on their death bed due to starvation.  I think as a nation of Christians, if there's a loud talking Christian out there, or a loud singing Christian out there or there's a book selling Christian out there, sitting on enough money to feed half a block of starving folks, We need to take their books back to the store and demand a refund.  We need to take their CD's back to the store and demand a refund.  We need to take their Bible studies back to the store and demand a refund.  We need to write them and hound them until we get our money back so we can send our money to the starving folks ourselves.  As far as supporting their missions.  If they look like they've got extra money laying around, don't send any support.  Instead, send your money to an organization that is feeding the starving folks of the world.  That way we can not be hypocrits as Christians.

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you would include not finding your neighbor's biggest fault and then harping on it as if it were your mission.
creationist

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 02:41:55 AM »

But, but!
How can he say "..I am a little messiah ..."SO, I'M BENNY JEHOVAH!....... "Never, ever, ever go the Lord and say, 'If it be thy will....' Don't allow such faith-destroying words to be spoken from your mouth.....Adam used to fly"HuhHuhHuh??
How does he fool people?
I..ah! I'm lost for words!!!!!!
creationist

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2004, 02:57:19 AM »

I’m back. I’m composed. I’ve had time to think. (He gets me so angry!)
When I was new to the faith, I got into a lot of conspiracy theories and end times stuff (you know? The stuff the SDAs and Pentecostals concentrate on).
I used to wonder why the secular TV station was playing Benny’s programs. I knew that our “free to Air” stations here don’t support Christian values but support every “New age” guru that pops up.
I thought, “what’s a Christian doing on TV”
NOW I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!
He aint no Christian!!!!

Ahhhh! There goes my blood pressure.
I have so many friends caught up in his grip. They adore him. All they talk about is Benny.
They base their beliefs on Benny and his cohorts who talk to GOD and have near death experiences.
It rubs off on them. They  (My friends) claim they also have these discussions with GOD. When I quiz them they all say that one should never question anybody who claims to have spoken to GOD.
Convenient, isn’t it?
Reba
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2004, 11:25:46 AM »

Mom is 80 has been a pastors wife and a christian all her life. She sends $$$ to the jerk. He makes my blood boil also!

BH is nothing new i remember a jerk by the name AA Allen from the 50's. This guy scratched crosses on the foreheads of some 'ladies' i was about 10 years old and knew he was phony. Dad would not agree with AA Allen so the larger half of the church members ask dad to leave.  You would think mom would know better  Angry  bet my blood pressure is higher than yours  Angry
Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2004, 11:41:26 AM »

"SO, I'M BENNY JEHOVAH!"

2 Thessalonians 2:4  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

There is so much that is obviously wrong with this guy I am amazed at the #$#$#$#$# of followers.

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2004, 02:06:32 PM »

There is so much that is obviously wrong with this guy I am amazed at the #$#$#$#$# of followers.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;(4) And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

There's your answer.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2004, 03:55:08 PM »

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;(4) And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
There's your answer.

I am still amazed.

2 Corinthians 11:13  For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2 Corinthians 11:14  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

So many of his followers do spend time in the word and yet they are blind to the truth.

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2004, 05:49:58 PM »

So many of his followers do spend time in the word and yet they are blind to the truth

Yes, it is amazing. Unfortunately, the followers don't really spend time in the Word, except the parts they are told to spend it in. And those parts are all the parts of "possibility".  Hinn, right along with Crouch, Copeland, Jandl, Britton, Eby, Gimenez, Parsley, Browne, Paulk et al ad nauseum, are dyed in the wool "kingdom NOW" dominionists, which suits their hireling mentality.

People don't want to consider sacrifice, they only want to reap. They don't want persecution, they want to persecute. They don't want to take up a cross, they want to take up a new set of keys to the Mercedes.

Well did Ezekiel describe these false teachers when he saw them in Babylon, inviting people to come hear their prophecies about how good things were going to be, and sewing linens to their elbows so they could recline comfortably. Pillow prophets....then and now. And Jude said even more...."foaming waves, without shame...".

AARRRRRGHHHHHH!

And with Paul, I repeat..."let them be accursed..."

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2004, 06:16:20 PM »

Had the Holy Spirit not been with Jesus, He would have sinned

Is he saying God could sin?

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jesus didn't sin, but he was "made sin"

2Co 5:21  For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
1Jo 3:5  You know that he appeared to take away sins, and in him there is no sin.
1Pe 1:19  but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot.

Each one of them is a triune being by Himself...there's nine of them

Using his theology there would be a lot of em.....

Act 10:44  While Peter was still saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word.

Adam was a super-being when God created him. ...The Scriptures declare clearly that he had dominion over the fowls of the air...which means he used to fly. ...Adam not only flew, he flew to space. He was- with one thought he would be on the moon

Oh? Where does it say that....sure, he had dominion over the fowls of the air, that doesn't mean he could fly. He had dominion over the fish too....so by Benny's reasoning he could breath in water as well. Sheesh.

In my case, I know I have lost complete desire for anything to do with the world. My worldly desires are gone....I no longer have any rebellion in me

....including his mind, I think.

When I stand in Christ- I am one with Him; united to Him; one spirit with Him. I am not, hear me, I AM NOT PART OF HIM, I AM HIM! THE WORD HAS BECOME FLESH IN ME!. …When my hand touches someone, it's the hand of Jesus touching somebody

nope.

The Holy Spirit says, 'God's original plan is that the woman was to bring forth children out of her side

Well, all I have to say is.....

Mar 3:29  but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin"--
Mat 12:32  And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.
Luk 12:10  And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but the one who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

Most of those quotes are pretty old.....does he still believe that stuff?

God forgive us.

Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
creationist

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2004, 07:49:28 PM »

I also heard a sermon by someone (who doesn’t exactly love the man,). Apparently he has been quoted saying that by a certain date (Past) there will be no more homosexuals on earth. Ha!!  That alone makes him a “FALSE  PROPHET”!
He also talks about billions of years. Therefore he’s an evolutionist.
Check out this site.
http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/unmasked_____benny_hinn.html
It’s one of many. Take your time and go to all the links but don’t forget to take your blood pressure medication with you.

Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2004, 01:18:45 PM »

ick

†† Guided by God ††
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the