Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 05:47:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286813 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Question?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question?  (Read 2976 times)
Bawilli

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2004, 06:41:51 PM »

I understand that Jesus is God in the flesh!  But what does it mean in the new testament when it speaks of Jesus sitting at the right hand of God?  It says this several times.  I am having a hard time understanding this.  Any help would be great.
  Thank You
jesusservent1

Jesus loves you

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 02:22:07 PM »

okay Jesus is not God, Jesus is Gods Son and he is next in power to his father thats why he is Gods Right Hand hope i helped if you still dont get it you can talk to me on aim or email me Smiley
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 03:59:48 PM »

Bawilli, I assume you mean Mat 26:64?   The Hebrews recognised someone sitting at the right hand as having great power, in this case, equal power to that of God.  

The Geneva bible commentary says it like this...

Sitting with God in like and equal honour at the right hand of his power, that is, in greatest power: for the right hand signifies among the Hebrews that which is mighty and of great power.

Mat 28:18  And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

In Matthew 26:64 Jesus was claiming that he WAS in fact God.

Jesusservent1 says...

okay Jesus is not God

This is not correct.  Jesus is very much God.  If he wasn't then every thing he did at the cross was pointless.  Only God can meet Gods requirements for our sin debt.  That is, a perfect sinless life.  Show me a man who has lived such a life, and I will show you God in the flesh.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 05:02:40 PM »

Thanks for fielding that one 2ndTim.  Your response is concise and true.  Every time I read a post that says Jesus is not God my knee-jerk reaction is to fly off the handle.  I knew a cooler head would prevail if I simply took a deep breath, gave thanks to the Lord for allowing me to recognize Him for what He is, and let someone else (you!) handle it.  Whew!  I feel better now!  Grin
Praise the Father, the Word (The Son) and thank you Lord for your gift to us, Your Spirit, which is ours when we simply believe on you and asking for it!
James 2:19
You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe--and tremble!

1 John 5:6-8
This is He who came by water and blood--Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.

God Bless all,
JN
« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 05:16:17 PM by JudgeNot » Logged

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Bawilli

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2004, 08:15:59 PM »

These are many of the verses that say Jesus now sits at the right hand of God.
  I don't understand these verses when it comes to Jesus being God in the flesh and also sitting at Gods right hand.
  I am a new christian seeking Gods true word.  Would someone please help me to understand this!
  Thank you and God Bless!

Mark 16:19  So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

Luke 22:69  Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.

Act 2:33  Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Act 5:31  Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Act 7:55  But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

Act 7:56  And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
Rom 8:34  Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Col 3:1  If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Heb 10:12  But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Heb 12:2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1Pe 3:22  Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 07:07:12 AM »

Bawilli,

The trinity can be somewhat confusing for babes in Christ, (and even those who are well founded in scripture.)   The verse Judgenot offers is a good one....

1 John 5:6-8
This is He who came by water and blood--Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one

Note the following...

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The word, was present at the beginning Gen.1:1 In the beginning GOD created....  It was WITH GOD.  And it WAS GOD.  

Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Here the WORD that was around in the beginning, and was with God and WAS God, took on flesh and dwelt in the world among men, Can be no other than Jesus.   So if Jesus is the word, he was around well before he was born in flesh form.

Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

God in this context is used in the plural sense by the words "let us, our image, our likeness", yet still one God.

Jesus said in....

Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one.

Joh 14:8  Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Joh 14:9  Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

They are 3 persons, yet one God.  Its difficult to wrap my mind around sometimes too.

Col 2:9  For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Col 2:10  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

He may be at the right hand of the father, but he is very much God and posesses the fulness of all three.  It probably wont be until we actuall see God  until we fully comprehend it.

I've always thought about it like fruit.   Fruit has a protective skin, an eatable part, and seeds.  They are seperate parts of the fruit, yet they all make up the one fruit.  Another one I've seen on this board is WATER.  Can be liquid, ice or gas, but they are all water.

These may not be a perfect analogies, but its the best I can offer.   Hope that helps some.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 08:59:07 AM »

I found a fairly good explanation for this that may help.

I was going to post it here, but its almost imposible to create cells that lay it out as it is on the page.

Have a look - The Trinity

I escpecially like the analogy they use....

An analogy would be time.  Time is past, present, and future.  But, there are not three times, only one.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

ravenloche

I am a messianic christian

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2004, 09:22:57 AM »

Posted by: Bawilli  Posted on: July 17, 2004, 05:41:51 PM  
  I understand that Jesus is God in the flesh!  But what does it mean in the new testament when it speaks of Jesus sitting at the right hand of God?  It says this several times.  I am having a hard time understanding this.  Any help would be great.
  Thank You  
1Ti 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Greetings Bawilli:

I just thought that I would add a verse to the ones posted to
answer you question.This one seemed somehow to have been
overlooked.

To further your studies on this topic let us go back to the
Torah. ie Genesis

In Gen. 1:1 In the beginning God...
the word translated there as God is Eloim. It is a singular word
having plural conotation. Simply put: it means there is a
plurality beeing  treated as a single unit.  much like our English
words like group, clan, family etc.
In Gen 1:26 we read let us(plural)make man(singular) in our
(plural) image(singular)

Man is a plural, and singular being, just like his Creator.
We have a spirit, soul, and body. This plurality is manifested
to those who know us as one individual(ie in my case as ravenloche)We  serve one God, who manifests himself in three
ways (Yhwh, Yeshua, roch hakadesh)(father, son , and holy ghost)

I hope this helped to answer your question, and I pray that
you always seek .  The only stupid questions there ever are ,
are those that are not asked! If we do not ask then we do not
learn. I pray you grow in Yeshua

respectfully yours in Yeshua:

Grin ravenloche  Grin

if not you, who? if not now, when?
if not here, where? if it is to be it is up to me!
John 3:17 for he came not into the world to condemn the world, but that the world thru him might be saved! Rom 8:1 there is therefore no con-
demnation to those who are in
christ Jesus...
Bawilli

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2004, 12:08:13 PM »

Thank you everyone for your explanations!  I think I am begining to some what understand.  This is kinda the way I am understanding it.  Please give me your inputs and or opinions.
  The way I am seeing it is that the Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost are like a puzzle.  They are their own seperate piece but are not complete unless they are put together to make the whole picture.
  Agian, Thank you for your help.  I will continue in my search to become closer to the Lord and understanding his word.
  God Bless
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2004, 12:34:42 PM »

I think thats a fair analogy Bawilli.   I don't think its something we can fully comprehend in this life (or at least my mortal mind...lol).  We will see it first hand one day.   I believe it pleases God when we search for these answers in his word, and allow his holy spirit to guide us.  As Gods character is revealed more and more to you through the word, it will start to make more sense.   I will say, belief that Jesus is God is extremely important as far as salvation goes.   Be careful when someone says otherwise.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

jesusservent1

Jesus loves you

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2004, 02:37:44 PM »

thanks for the correction everyone i now understand Smiley
Sower

Romans 8:31-39

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2004, 10:30:48 PM »

I understand that Jesus is God in the flesh!  But what does it mean in the new testament when it speaks of Jesus sitting at the right hand of God?  It says this several times.  I am having a hard time understanding this.  Any help would be great.Thank You

The Lord Jesus Christ is King of kings and Lord of lords. God the Father is also King of the whole of earth, and of this universe. There is a throne in Heaven, and the one who sits on that throne is God the Father. Beside Him, on the same throne, sits the Lamb of God at the Father's right hand. He is worshipped with the Father and the Spirit as the one true God -- the sovereign LORD God Almighty.

While we take the truth of the throne of God literally, no mortal man can properly describe the throne of God. Thus Ezekiel speaks of "like unto" and "the likeness of" when describing the throne of God. He is trying to describe in human language something which is beyond human grasp.

Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Timothy 1:2
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the