Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 11:04:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286811 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What do you think of President Bush?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: What do you think of President Bush?
I fully support him. - 8 (32%)
I think he is ok. - 5 (20%)
I don't really care for him. - 0 (0%)
I really don't like him. - 0 (0%)
I think he is a liar. - 1 (4%)
I think he lied about being a Christian. - 4 (16%)
Both option 6 & 7. - 6 (24%)
None of the above. - 1 (4%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you think of President Bush?  (Read 9219 times)
John the Baptist
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2003, 10:02:48 PM »

Weapons of mass destruction??? You don't think that they will find them??? Just forget Caesar completely for the time being.
We are suppose to have a brain right?

It is not a question of do they have them, but when will they find them? You might just as well take a break, be still & be patient. For THEY ARE THERE, according to the evidence? OR WHERE DID THEY GO?Huh (regardless of who you vote for Smiley)
---John
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2003, 10:16:47 PM »

I did, you didn’t read my post correctly. I never said we found any   “WMD” but we did find proof that he had them, such as Biological Weapons Laboratories, and all kinds of things of that nature. Are you telling me you think Saddam has been behaving him self and following the rules set forth by the US and UN?

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
John the Baptist
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2003, 06:36:24 AM »

I did, you didn’t read my post correctly. I never said we found any   “WMD” but we did find proof that he had them, such as Biological Weapons Laboratories, and all kinds of things of that nature. Are you telling me you think Saddam has been behaving him self and following the rules set forth by the US and UN?

+++++++++++
No:
That is not what 'i' am saying. The posting was speaking to a MIND/SET. Not any individual person per/say! Surely not you.

My bottom line concern is not Saddam behaving .... .
By CONCERN is the eternal loss of souls in the SECOND DEATH. (see Obad. 16) Can you understand that remark??

The first concern is to be Caesars. (Rom. 13) The first & second concern is to be BOTH that of Christians, but with the SECOND death a first priority. (see Matt. 22:36-40)

---John

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2003, 07:41:11 AM »

Um, right...  Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Rev. Belch

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2006, 06:16:43 PM »

I don't agree with everything Bush has said and he has certainly lied, but I do know that the word tells me to pray for those in athority so I will pray for him daily.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 04:03:23 PM »

Let me ask you all this.  If someone you trusted came up to you and said they were on this really cool news archive site and they saw an article that in 1972 there was this man who had run for President that came from Gobbler's Knob, Tennessee.  You would more than likely believe that person.  Because you trust them, and what they are reporting is not outlandish or anything is it.  But later on you find out the information is false.  Does that make this person a liar?  If you went out and told someone about it before you found out, does that make you a liar?  Certainly not!

We had intelligence to suggest that Iraq had weapons.  Intelligence we trusted as accurate.  It is impossible for anyone to independantly verify every piece of information they get.  You have to rely on someone elses interpretation of things, and our gment is the same way.  There is no way we could go out and verify everything there is that we hear about.  And the reports we received fit with Saddam's actions and his words over the past years.

I like Bush for the most part.  He has tried many things that would better the country out....ANWR was one that was shot down...now look at the near $3/gallon we are paying ( I know we would still be paying it now cause ANWR would not be going).  Tax cuts are great and we have gotten more of a break now than ever.  Low interest rates as well.  It has been a stupendous 6 years so far.  I can only hope he leaves a great legacy.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 05:34:03 PM »

Amen brother. A liar he is not. He based is information and decisions on the same imformation that all governments everywhere had. As it has turned out that information was correct and has been substantiated by documents recovered from the prior Iraqee regime and from prior Iraqee Generals and diplomats.

If the ANWR were approved the gas prices would drop just on the speculation of it, long before it would be activated.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2006, 08:52:45 AM »

Yeah I know ANWR would have still been 10+ yrs down the road and we would still be paying high prices right now.  However once we become less dependent upon foreign oil the less affected we are when the mid east countries decide to have neighborly disputes Wink

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2006, 11:18:21 AM »

Yeah I know ANWR would have still been 10+ yrs down the road and we would still be paying high prices right now.  However once we become less dependent upon foreign oil the less affected we are when the mid east countries decide to have neighborly disputes Wink
Well I have built a still, (moonshine) starting tomorrow. I will have to buy only 1/4 of the gas, I would normally have to buy.  I am buying the yeast from the goverment.  117.00 for 112 lbs. of red yeast, course that is marked for ethanol, some type of posion added in it. It will make the octane about 89 octane. Grin

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2006, 08:59:08 AM »

And when the prices come back down are you going to make a few slight modification to that still and start playing Dukes of Hazzard?  Cheesy

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2006, 01:26:14 PM »

And when the prices come back down are you going to make a few slight modification to that still and start playing Dukes of Hazzard?  Cheesy

Nope, it is working out nicely, no I don't drink moonshine.  I am using it as fuel, for my car.  I will keep on using it, till gas prices drop below what it cost me to make.  Grin  I don't see that happening very soon though.

Len

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2006, 10:37:36 PM »

I think President Bush is a liar. I think he lied about being a Christian and other things. I think he mislead many Christians. What do you think about him?

I have a personal friend on his staff. President Bush is definitely a Christian. He did not lie about WMD...they have indeed been discovered. Besides, the connection between Iraq and Al Queda has been proven.

If you are the Christian you claim to be, you should know better than to spread rumors. That's all your posts on thus thread are is rumors.

"The Lord is my portion says my soul. Therefore, I will hope in Him."
Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2006, 09:34:03 AM »

Last year I read Tommy Franks's book.  Some good insight!  Wink

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2006, 10:44:22 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I voted that I fully support President Bush. I'm going out on a limb and share a thought with you that is the opposite of what folks do who make up conspiracy theories. But, it's just a thought, and I can't prove it.

My wild thought not supported by evidence of any kind. BUT hard evidence is being kept secret. SO, mark this simply as a WILD THOUGHT.

We have tons of proof about Saddam's WMD's and it hasn't been released to the public.

The reason it hasn't been released to the public is because it would make criminals and liars out of many world powers, some being our allies. We can't afford to expose them because it would turn world politics inside-out. In fact, it could isolate the U.S. and cause global chaos. The players who would be humiliated include France, Germany, Russia, and China - not to mention Syria, North Korea, Iran, and others. It would probably mean the end of diplomacy as we know it, and releasing the information would light a fuse on a powder keg that couldn't be stopped.

End of wild thought not supported by evidence of any kind.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2006, 10:56:59 PM »

Wild thought or perceptive discernment.  Wink

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the