Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:50:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286820 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Prescription Shop
| | |-+  Fear
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fear  (Read 5600 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2006, 09:47:25 AM »

Isaiah 41:10 KJV  Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Isaiah 41:10 AMP  Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice. [Acts 18:10.]

Isaiah 41:10 NASB  'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

Please feel free to add another portion of Scripture that is the Bible Prescription for fear.

catty

Its all about you Lord Jesus, its all about you!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 03:10:39 PM »

The most famous verse may not actually be about fear itself, but I felt it was worth mentioning. IMHO  Cheesy

Psalms 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

If you just read the words you would think that this verse is talking about death. I feel like that this is talk about anything we are going through. When we are going through things that is our valley of death and we should not fear the things we are going through. If we dwell on our problems instead giving them to God we will surely die spiritually. God never promised us that we would not go through trials, but he is faithful to bring us through them.

Isaiah 35:4 Say to them that are of fearful heart, Be strong, feat not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence;  he will come and save you.
ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 03:58:24 PM »

1Jo 4:18  There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Are you afraid or fearful? Then walk in love. Even if your flesh doesn't feel like it, speak your love for your heavenly Father. And do not stop until you have conquered fear. This is major because NO person who calls themself Christian should have fear of ANYTHING.

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 04:06:48 PM »

Rev 21:7  He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Rev 21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Look at what happens to the "fearul"!!!!! Now this word carries with it the connotation of faithless. Therefore I think we can observe that fear is anti-faith. It's the faith killer.

I challenge you all to look up and observe how many times you find Jesus and God saying "Fear not!" Keep in mind that this is God speaking a command!!!!

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 04:14:26 PM »

Fear

Joh 14:1  Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Even dedicated followers of Christ may find their courage tested by the inevitable disappointments and tradgedies of life. During our most troubling times, God remains steadfast; as believers, we must turn to Him.

The next time you find your courage tested, remember that God is as near as your next breath, and remember that He offers salvation His children. He is your shield and your strength. Call upon Him in your hour of need and be comforted. Whatever the size of your challenge, God is bigger.

"A faithful friend is a strong defense: and he that hath found such an one hath found a treasure." Ecclesiasticus 6:14

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 04:18:48 PM »

Anxiety

Psa 94:19  In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.

Because we live in a difficult world, we have understandable fears for our families and our nation. When anxiety fills our hearts, we can turn to God for comfort and assurance. Thankfully, when we earnestly seek Him, God makes His presence known.

Are you worried? Take your worries to God. Are you troubled? Take your troubles to Him. Does the world seem to trembling beneath your feet? Seek protection from the One who cannot be moved? The same God who created the universe will protect you if you ask Him ... so ask Him.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 04:33:11 PM »

Pro 3:25  Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh.
Pro 3:26  For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

2Ti 1:7  For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
2Ti 1:8  Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

Heb 13:5  Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Heb 13:6  So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 06:24:54 PM »

“ I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. ” (Psalm 18:1-2)   

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 07:58:14 AM »

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 08:08:42 AM »

Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.
      -- Corrie ten Boom

ForHisGlory

Thou maintainest my lot

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 07:02:49 AM »

F= false
E=evidence
A=appearing
R=real

Rom 1:25  Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned [certain] days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven. Neh1:4
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2006, 11:25:14 AM »

fear is faith turned inside out.
when you have faith there is no room for fear.
without faith we cannot please God.
fear only God.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2006, 11:32:13 AM »

1Sa 12:24 Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.

2Ki 6:16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

2Ki 17:39 But the LORD your God ye shall fear; and he shall deliver you out of the hand of all your enemies.

Ps 46:2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 12:17:22 PM »

Pro 12:25  Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.

Psa 34:4  I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

Phi 4:6  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Phi 4:7  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

1Pe 5:6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1Pe 5:7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Psa 55:22  Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
Psa 55:23  But thou, O God, shalt bring them down into the pit of destruction: bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; but I will trust in thee.

Mat 6:25  Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
Mat 6:26  Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
Mat 6:27  Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
Mat 6:28  And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
Mat 6:29  And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Mat 6:30  Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Mat 6:31  Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
Mat 6:32  (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Mat 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Mat 6:34  Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Psa 42:5  Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

Pro 3:5  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Pro 3:6  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Pro 3:7  Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
Pro 3:8  It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

Rom 8:26  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Rom 8:27  And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Phi 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Phi 4:13  I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

2Co 12:10  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Heb 13:6  So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2006, 12:24:22 PM »

Amen, Bother

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the