Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:27:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286820 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Prescription Shop
| | |-+  Lost Without JESUS - (Salvation)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lost Without JESUS - (Salvation)  (Read 13505 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2006, 09:16:21 AM »

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9 AMP  For it is by free grace (God's unmerited favor) that you are saved (delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ's salvation) through [your] faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [of your own doing, it came not through your own striving], but it is the gift of God; Not because of works [not the fulfillment of the Law's demands], lest any man should boast. [It is not the result of what anyone can possibly do, so no one can pride himself in it or take glory to himself.]

Ephesians 2:8-9 NASB  For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Please feel free to add another portion of Scripture that is the Bible Prescription for Salvation.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 09:45:27 AM »

Joh 1:12  But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,
Joh 1:13  who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Take as directed -
1 dose today will last for eternity.
No need for refills.

You may notice the following side affects -
Joy unspeakable, peace like never before, changed life style, lack of guilt and shame, tears of joy, an unquenchable desire to study Gods word, a different outlook on life.   Smiley

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 08:04:52 PM »

Pro 14:12  There is a way which seemeth right unto a man; But the end thereof are the ways of death.

Jer 10:23  O Jehovah, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Rom 1:17  For therein is revealed a righteousness of God from faith unto faith: as it is written, But the righteous shall live by faith.

Joh 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 01:25:52 PM »

Romans 10:8-13 - ESV

But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.  For the Scripture says, "Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame."  For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him.  For "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Matthew 12:34b - ESV

"...For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks."
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 01:29:27 PM by Allinall » Logged

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 09:21:21 PM »

Psa 119:105  Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

One of the things that ships at sea use to know when they are getting close to land or to other ships is a beacon of light. Without this light the ships would be in grave danger. Many would loose their lives. Jesus is our beacon of light to show us the way. Without Him we would be in utter darkness, lost in a sea of sin.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 10:49:19 AM »

Ps 24:5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

Ps 27:1 ¶ <<A Psalm of David.>> The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Ps 37:39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble.

Ps 40:16 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.

Ps 51:14 ¶ Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.

Isa 51:6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.

Lu 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Ac 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

I only added a few there are sooooo many, many more.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 05:18:08 PM »

1Ki 18:21  .........  How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him .......

Procrastination is sin deferred!

Why put off until tomorrow what you can do today!

Do you believe that there is a God?

You do well, but even the devils believe and tremble. If you do believe that there is a God, then what is your God like? Can He speak to you? Does He answer prayer? Is he all-powerful? Is He the God of the Bible?

The God of the Bible is the one true God, and one day you will meet Him face to face.

Are you ready for that?

Amos, a prophet in the Old Testament warns us to prepare to meet our God. If we do not meet Him as our Heavenly Father, then we will meet Him as our Judge. He is Holy and we are sinners.

How can sinners be reconciled to a Holy God?

God sent His Son Jesus Christ into this sinful world to live and to die for sinners such as you and I. We deserved God’s wrath and curse due to us for our sin. But God who is rich in mercy offered His own Son as our substitute. He bore our sin in His own body on the tree at Calvary.

He died in our room and stead that we might live. Will you accept God’s way of salvation or are you still looking for another way? How long are you going to procrastinate with this decision? One day tomorrow will not arrive, today if you will hear His voice then harden not your heart.

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 01:02:58 PM »

For a small reward, a man will hurry away on a long journey; while for eternal life, many will hardly take a single step.

... Thomas a' Kempis (1380-1471)

Joh 7:37  In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 04:01:13 PM »

For God so loved the world, He gave His only Son.
It was at the cross of Calvary, the battle was truly won.

It is here that sin is washed away by Christ's atoning blood.
Like water washes all away the filthy sight of mud.

At the great exchange of Calvary, God provides His way of redemption.
For the justice of our deserving hell, God offers a full exemption.

By faith alone in Christ alone, God provides our substitute.
And we receive eternal victory, that even Satan cannot dispute.

Oh, won't you see the gracious gift God offers in His Son.
For once you die it is too late, and as for hope there's none.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 01:05:52 PM »

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 08:46:08 AM »

Happy Resurrection Day

Without Jesus we would all be lost

Praise His Holy Name

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 08:48:21 AM »

He Is Risen !!!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 09:23:56 AM »

1Co 15:19  If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
1Co 15:20  But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
1Co 15:21  For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23  But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Col 3:1  If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2  Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3  For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4  When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Amen sister HE IS RISEN and this is our blessed hope at His coming.

HE IS INDEED RISEN! AMEN![/color][/size]

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 08:49:49 AM »

Salvation, A Gift From God

“As thou hast given Him power over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given Him” (John 17:2).

If we trust Jesus for salvation, we can take no credit ourselves. Eternal life is a gift from God. When the Lord stood before the tomb of Lazarus and called a corpse to life, what followed was no credit to the one who came forward wrapped in grave clothes. Jesus alone imparts life.

The fact that God chooses to save people is cause for much celebration, and He alone is to be praised. Dead people do not have the ability to choose life.

One problem is that we think of walking and talking people as being alive when in fact they are dead. Jesus spoke the following words to walking and talking people: “And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life” (John 5:40). They may have thought they were alive, but life was missing, as far as Jesus was concerned. Millions know down deep that something very important is missing in their existence. The apostle Paul described people prior to conversion as being “dead in trespasses and sins” (Ephesians 2:1). He went on to write, underscoring the truth of Jesus’ prayer, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God” (Ephesians 2:Cool.

Another aspect of the text which should fill us with praise to Jesus is the part about “all flesh.” Jesus, the Creator and Sustainer of all life, has been given authority over “all flesh.” He owns us. The Father gave Him “power” (authority) over all. He is the One who keeps us breathing and our hearts pumping.

It is one thing to give mental assent to these truths; it is something else to live them. May we praise God that salvation is a free gift and rejoice that Jesus owns and cares for all who have eternal life.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006, 12:10:36 AM »

Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If you believe with all your heart [if you have a conviction, full of joyful trust, that Jesus is the Messiah and accept Him as the Author of your salvation in the kingdom of God, giving Him your obedience, then] you may. And he replied, I do believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Acts 13:26 Brethren, sons of the family of Abraham, and all those others among you who reverence and fear God, to us has been sent the message of this salvation [the salvation obtained through Jesus Christ].

Acts 15:9 And He made no difference between us and them, but cleansed their hearts by faith ( by a strong and welcome conviction that Jesus is the Messiah, through Whom we obtain eternal salvation in the kingdom of God).

2 Timothy 3:15 And how from your childhood you have had a knowledge of and been acquainted with the sacred Writings, which are able to instruct you and give you the understanding for salvation which comes through faith in Christ Jesus [through the leaning of the entire human personality on God in Christ Jesus in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness].

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the