Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:11:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  America - a new Roman Empire?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: America - a new Roman Empire?  (Read 3537 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2005, 12:59:16 PM »

Dawn,

I have heard of this conspiracy about President Bush being a member Skull and Bones. I have yet to see any so-called "proof". The only thing that anyone has been able to show me is a bunch of unsubstantiated web sites that are full of conspiracy baloney and then call it "fact". Why is this ..... because they have no facts, all they have are unsubstantiated theories that they use to muck up the minds of Christians and all this for political reasons under the guise of being spiritual.

In his 1999 campaign autobiography, A Charge to Keep, George W. Bush mentions his membership of the occult group Skull and Bones: "My senior year I joined Skull and Bones, a secret society, so secret I can't say anything more. It was a chance to make fourteen new friends" p.47.

He also admitted it in a Time magazine interview
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/time/2000/07/31/heritage.html

TIME: …Did you have any qualms, say, about joining an elite secret club like Bones?

BUSH: No qualms at all. I was honored.

Let's take the whole quote.

I was fairly nonchalant. I didn't view it as a great heritage thing. I didn't take it all that seriously.

Hmmm ....  I didn't take it all that seriously.

Even if "Skull and Bones" actually is an evil society as many conspiracists would have us believe. It does not mean that President Bush is. I have met many people that were proclaimed Satanists, Atheists, etc that are now born again Christians professing Jesus Christ and doing His work.

While I agree that President Bush is not perfect and has made some mistakes (he is a man after all) I do believe that he is a born again Christian. Following are some of Bushs quotes professing Jesus Christ.

"You know, I had a drinking problem.  Right now I should be in a bar in Texas, not the Oval Office," Bush told author David Frum in his 2003 biography The Right Man.  "There is only one reason that I am in the Oval Office and not in a bar.  I found faith.  I found God.  I am here because of the powers of prayer."

"There are faith-based organizations in drug treatment that work so well because they convince a person to turn their life over to Christ," Bush divulged to the religious journal Christianity Today.  "By doing so, they change a person's heart [and] a person with a changed heart is less likely to be addicted to drugs and alcohol."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2005, 04:35:31 PM »

What happened in the past is forgiven, by Bush accepting Christ as his personal Savior.  So your post is no good, any more Dawn.

Luke 7:47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

Luke 5:20 And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.

1 John 2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

Romans 4:7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Well you get the idea Dawn.

Resting in the hands, of Jesus.
Bob

Numbers 15:28 And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the LORD, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2005, 04:48:17 PM »

Amen!!! My brother.
As far as the East is From the West. Psalm 103:12.
God's Word is final, and He alone is The Judge.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Dawn
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2005, 12:29:07 PM »

'Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing (i.e. a Christian guise), but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits" Matthew 7:15.

Only Jesus Christ can remove the veil from our eyes and I pray that He will open your eyes before it is too late -

George W Bush may in public have claimed to be doing the will of God, but his actions show otherwise:

1. An illegal war of aggression in Iraq based on lies that has caused misery, death, greater instability and terrorism.
2. Deliberately and systematically breached the absolute prohibition of torture and Ill-treatment (source: Amnesty International). Evidence also continues to mount that the US operates a network of detention centres where people are held in secret or outside any proper legal framework.
3. Stated that Christians and Muslims worship the same God.
4. Pounded a wooden stake into the heart of the personal freedom by introducing draconian legislation (Patriot Act).
5. Claimed and recently won the right from the 4th Circuit Court in the Padilla case that he has the right to indefinitely imprison an American citizen without charging him with a crime. The end of "inalienable rights", The Bill of Rights, and the end of any meaningful notion of personal liberty.
6. Pushing for a Palestinian state that will divide the Holy Land for the gain of a false peace agreement.
7. Through the FDA approved Microchip Implants (the Verichip) for humans potentially ushering in the Mark of the Beast.

Still Christians believe Bush is a Born Again Christian, however, his policies more resemble the personality of antichrist!

What many do not know is that even Adolf Hitler professed faith in Jesus Christ and claimed to be a Christian! Evangelical Christian leaders supported Hitler and Baptists were split over whether Hitler was truly Born-again.

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter"Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed.  The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942).

2 Illuminists playing the role of "Christian" and claiming Jesus as Lord and Saviour, deceiving many:

Adolf Hitler - member of the Brotherhood of Death Society in Germany, known as The Thule Society.

George W. Bush - member of the Brotherhood of Death Society in America, known as The Skull & Bones Society.

Our Lord was right when he predicted great deception during the last days:

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets ... insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect" Mattew 24:24.

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the minsters of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works" II Corinthians 11:14-15.

God's Word is indeed final.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2005, 12:49:20 PM »

I also love how you follow the doctrine of man. I don't know what country you are in, but I would bet you are outside of the United States. So why is it then you think you know, about the United States policy? 99.9% of those outside of the U.S. don't know policy.

Terrorism has always been there. So you believe that the Saddam was better for his country? You believe that people should not be free? You believe that the whole country should be inslaved? Sorry Dawn, I disagree.

Oh I see, you were the one that posted about Australia. Back in February 19, 2004, Construction of Image of the Beast in Australia I see you just love, to post about conspiricies.

Bob

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2005, 01:09:56 PM »

I don't know what country you are in, but I would bet you are outside of the United States.

Yep, someone from Australia that knows more about the U.S. than a citizen of the U.S.

Oh I see, you were the one that posted about Australia. Back in February 19, 2004, Construction of Image of the Beast in Australia I see you just love, to post about conspiricies.

I noticed that also.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Something else along this line. Many people overlook the fact that China is now the biggest exporter in the world surpassing even the U.S. and their Military power is closing in on the  U.S.'s also if it hasn't already passed us up.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Dawn
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2005, 02:34:59 PM »

I also love how you follow the doctrine of man. I don't know what country you are in, but I would bet you are outside of the United States. So why is it then you think you know, about the United States policy? 99.9% of those outside of the U.S. don't know policy.

I am not the one following the Bush doctrine.

Wow - 99.9% of those outside the US are simply ignorant (over 95% of the world's population). Sounds like official US policy! Many outside the US have a greater grasp of US foreign policy than most Americans watching CNN - because they are more often than not at the receiving end of it.

Bob - you actually believe the propaganda that Bush went to war to liberate the poor Iraqis? (don't want to mention the WMD pretext anymore of course). Try reading Rebuilding America's Defenses - Strategy, Forces and Resources For a New Century - A report of The Project for the New American Century, September 2000 or Zbigniew Brzezinski's, "The Grand Chessboard".

'A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit' Mt. 7:18. George W Bush has wrought violence and evil in the name of Jesus Christ and American Christians in their pride and arrogance continue to be deceived.

'Be not deceived: God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap' Gal. 6:7.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 02:39:52 PM by Dawn » Logged
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2005, 03:19:13 PM »

Dawn, It seems to me that you spend too much time looking for things to complain about and reading literature that doen't edify your spirit. Why don't you take a little more time to prayerfully  read God's Word, and instead of you making your own interpretations of God's Word, let Him lead you and guide you. Nothing you can say or do or think is going to change God's Purpose or His Plan. Furthermore, you can't change any other human on earth, or how they think. Judge not (Matt 7:1).  Grudge not (James 5:9)

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Dawn
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2005, 10:50:38 PM »

'I have set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken. Jer. 6:17.

'Then whosover heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head' Ezekiel 33:4.

Reba
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2005, 11:05:32 PM »

Some times i think we (USA) should have stayed out of WWI and WWII. Sorta like the cops who arrest the beating husband only to have the wife turn on them.

The rewriters of history have done their job well.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2005, 11:35:15 PM »

Some times i think we (USA) should have stayed out of WWI and WWII. Sorta like the cops who arrest the beating husband only to have the wife turn on them.

Hello Sister Reba,

Cheesy  I wished that I had said that. That really does put things in complete perspective.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Proverbs 14:26 NASB  In the fear of the LORD there is strong confidence, And his children will have refuge.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2005, 11:40:09 PM »

Huh Huh Huh

Are you saying that we should have let Adolf Hitler or Japanese Emperor Hirohito take over and rule the entire world? Why?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2005, 11:57:25 PM »

Huh Huh Huh

Are you saying that we should have let Adolf Hitler or Japanese Emperor Hirohito take over and rule the entire world? Why?

Hello Pastor Roger,

Cheesy  Had we not rescued most of the world, I bet that Adolf would have taught the liberals of all those countries to be either conservatives or extremely quiet and polite.  Cheesy

How soon they forget! I just had this crazy thought and started laughing:  an army of Michael Moores and the like preserving freedom.  UM?? - that thought might keep me up tonight.  Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 18:28 NASB  For You light my lamp; The LORD my God illumines my darkness.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2005, 12:07:11 AM »

I just had this crazy thought and started laughing:  an army of Michael Moores and the like preserving freedom.  UM?? - that thought might keep me up tonight.

That just gave me uncontrollable shivers! Nightmares forthcoming!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2005, 12:08:44 AM »

By the way Dawn, I like how you tried to change the subject when you started to lose. Follow not, the ideals of man. Follow the greatest book ever written, The Bible.

I just had this crazy thought and started laughing:  an army of Michael Moores and the like preserving freedom.  UM?? - that thought might keep me up tonight.  Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 18:28 NASB  For You light my lamp; The LORD my God illumines my darkness.
*SHUDDERS*
Now theres a nightmare happening.

Bob

James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 12:13:50 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the