Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:33:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Are You Loyal to God ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are You Loyal to God ?  (Read 4598 times)
Pastor Roger
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2004, 12:49:14 PM »

Silver Surfer,

"Yes to break any of the commandments is sin, which results in eternal death, (Romans 6:23)"

You need to read the rest of the verse,

Rom 6:23  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

This is saying that by the grace of God through Jesus Christ we are saved from that eternal damnation.

Yes, I do agree it is important for us to strive to keep God's Commandments, for Jesus said,

Mat 5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

The Bible also tells us:

Rom 3:28  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

I place emphasis here on "without the deeds of the law.

Does this mean that once we are saved that we can forget the law and sin as we want and still expect it to go unpunished?

Rom 3:31  Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

If we truly love Jesus Christ we will strive to be more like Him.
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2004, 05:05:04 PM »

Hello all!

Just thought i'd take a little time and write a response.

i'm gonna address three people on this here thread..so bear with me.

Pastor Roger...i appreciate the back up dude. I thank you for putting what has been said over and over into pretty simple terms. I agree with you that it is important for us to strive to keep God's commandments...but as i'm going to remind silver here in a second...it's impossible...it is our Goal...but it won't be achieved while we still have these corrupt bodies of flesh. I reckon i'll put it simple. No one will achieve righteousness while he/she is still alive and in this fleshly body. If my understanding of Scripture is sufficient...then from what I've read...only when 1. We die or 2. we're raptured out will we be transformed..but i could be wrong...please correct me. but the premise i keep trying to explain to silver is that no man can keep all of the commandments. It is simply impossible...so we live under God's Grace which gives us LIFE instead of the Law which gives us death. Am I making any sense...it makes sense to me...but i hope you understand where i'm coming from. and in response to your question on whether or not we can be saved then go on and sin and forget about the law...NO!! LoL. If we are true Born -again Believers...we'll want to keep His commandments...but while we're still in these bodies of sin...we are unable to attain righteousness (perfection).

Now Silver:

I'm not arguing the loyalty to God...not at all. I"m simply stating that just keeping the commandments will not get one to heaven, and we are not under the OT Law any longer...for the 20th time or so. You stepped on thin ice in the other thread silver by saying that Sunday worship is a tool of satan. One you are casting a stumbling block into someone's path and two you are completely disregarding Christ. He is the LORD OF THE SABBATH and in Him we rest. We are to rest in the Creator instead of the creation. We are to rest in the one who created the Sabbath and when we do that we are always resting on the Sabbath because we are resting in CHRIST Himself. So, in essense we aren't breaking that commandment. See our rest comes from Christ, not a specific day of the week. We who worship on Sunday are free to worship on Sunday. I even know some people who worship on Monday, Tuesdays, (My church has evening worship on Wednesday) Thursdays and even fridays. and Saturday ( I can't speak for the rest of the people on here, but we worship God on Saturday too by doing HIS work and evangelizing) So don't hand me that stuff about those who worship on Sunday are being used by satan...that doesn't wash with me friend. I hope God shows you His Truth about this matter...because i've done all I can do at the moment. God Bless

To all others: I apologize if in previous posts i may have sounded like i was being a little harsh....I use caps sometimes to emphasize words and the point i'm trying to make across. Those who personally know me know i don't yell so i don't want you guys to get that impression. It don't do no good to yell if someone can't hear your voice...lol. So i just wanted to get that out because i just thought about it today on the way home from school. "Man I hope they don't think i'm some kinda harsh dude and that all i do is come down on people!" but anyways...i never yell so if you see the words in Capital letters it's just me making a point...God Bless all who read this.

In His Service,
Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Pastor Roger
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2004, 12:58:08 PM »

Joshua,

You are right to say that "we" cannot attain righteousness. It is Jesus Christ that attained righteousness for us so it is through Him and Him only that we are made righteous.

Phi 3:9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

When we accept Jesus Christ as our Saviour we are made righteous through faith in Him. As long as we maintain that faith in Him we maintain that righteousness through Him and by Him.

When we go to heaven we will be transformed (glorified as some people refer to it). At this time there will be no temptation/desire to sin. The danger of "falling away" will be gone.

As to the question here on the Sabbath.

First let's look at what the word Sabbath means.

Sabbath" in Hebrew is Shabbat. Its basic meaning (according to Holladay's lexicon of Biblical Hebrew and the lexicon in back of Strong's exhaustive concordance) is the word cease. It is used, in part, in the following manner:

1. When God "ceased" creating in Gen 2:3
2. The cycle of day and night does not cease, as in Gen 8:22.
3. God has caused shouting to cease, as in Isaiah 16:10.

In each of the above circumstances, ceased is the same word as is translated Shabbat or Sabbath. It can be seen easily that Sabbath is synonymous with such words as cease, rest, stop, etc. It simply means to stop doing something. With this in mind, we conclude that "The Sabbath" is the day of the week that God set aside for cessation of activity--rest. One argument about the "Sabbath" centers around which day it should be observed, by going to church. But going to services is not observing the Sabbath! Observing the Sabbath would be accomplished by cessation of work--rest.

So there is a difference between a day of rest and a day of worship. The Bible does not specify a certain day for worship.

Which day should we worship?

Rom 14:5  One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Rom 14:6  He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Personally every day of the week is a day of worship for me and Saturdays are my day of rest. I do the Lords work everyday of the week, working overtime on Sundays.

In Leviticus 23 it does specify the Sabbath as one of the day of Feasts. A feast as used in the Bible means an appointed time, a summoning, a gathering. Again I refer you back to Romans 14: 5-6.

Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2004, 07:30:53 PM »

Silver Surfer,

"Yes to break any of the commandments is sin, which results in eternal death, (Romans 6:23)"

Rom 6:23  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

This is saying that by the grace of God through Jesus Christ we are saved from that eternal damnation.

Yes, I do agree it is important for us to strive to keep God's Commandments, for Jesus said,

Mat 5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

The Bible also tells us:

Rom 3:28  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Does this mean that once we are saved that we can forget the law and sin as we want and still expect it to go unpunished?

Rom 3:31  Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

To keep the law of God to be saved, is impossible. Because in human strenght, we have not the ability to do so., But with God....'all things are possible'.

FALSE TEACHING!

I contend that Jesus Christ , who was sinless...living within...a born-again person....can also be sinless 'after' conversion:
"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God", (1 John 3:9)  
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 09:11:09 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged
Pastor Roger
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2004, 07:51:54 PM »

Silver Surfer,

The Bible also tells us:

To keep the law of God to be saved, is impossible. Because in human strenght, we have not the ability to do so., But with God....'all things are possible'.

I contend that Jesus Christ , who was sinless...living within...a born-again person....can also be sinless 'after' conversion:
"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God", (1 John 3:9)  

So you are saying that you are perfect and without sin?

Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2004, 09:46:33 PM »

Silver Surfer,

The Bible also tells us:

No, I'm saying that Jesus Christ said, to be perfect and live without sin...with MY (Christ's) grace which is enough:
Titus 2:11   "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,  
  2:12   [Teaching us] that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, [in this present world]..."  
Pastor Roger
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2004, 12:14:24 AM »

Silver Surfer,

The Bible also tells us:

No, I'm saying that Jesus Christ said, to be perfect and live without sin...with MY (Christ's) grace which is enough:
Titus 2:11   "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,  
  2:12   [Teaching us] that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, [in this present world]..."  

Amen!

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2004, 07:43:11 AM »

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
The grace of God teaches us… To live above sin To live separate from the world To live soberly To live righteously To live Godly To live looking for the saviour To live remembering what Christ did To live motivated by the grace of God

Grace is all that God is free to do for you based upon the finished cross work of the Lord Jesus Christ, in his death, burial and resurrection.

Silver Surfer, haven't you been under the law long enough? How would you know if you have never been taught the grace of God?

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2004, 09:45:52 PM »

Silver Surfer Said:

Yes to break any of the commandments is sin, which results in eternal death, (Romans 6:23)

Silver Surfer,

Over and over again you do FALSE TEACHING! You are so brain-washed by Ellen G. White that you are completely blind to the most precious truths of the Holy Bible.

Your teaching is completely false. You don't and can't do anything to save yourself. Jesus Christ is a GIFT from God, and the Sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross for us was a gift. There are no men of righteousness. There are no men without sin. Further, there are no Christians without sin. It makes me very sad to know that many lost people will be reading your false teaching. It also makes me sad to know that some babes in Christ will be confused with your false teaching.

Here's a little hint for you:  Christians WILL NOT be given perfection or glorified bodies during this short life on earth. Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, is PERFECT and RIGHTEOUS, but we ARE NOT. Christians are to struggle every day to live Godly lives, but we will fail over and over again during this short life. When we stumble, we have a Lord and Saviour who will forgive us, lift us up, and give us the Grace to try again. Sin does not cancel Salvation. Salvation is a GIFT from God for those who place their trust and faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour.  It is a GIFT, and it involves many beautiful Promises of God to HIS children. God always keeps HIS Promises. A new child of God is "quickened" or translated into the Mighty Hands of Jesus, and no power in Heaven or earth can pluck them out of HIS HAND. A new child of God receives the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit SEALS the heart of God's new child. In fact, the HOLY SPIRIT enters the heart of the new child of God and sets him or her apart as BELONGING TO GOD. No power in Heaven or earth can break the SEAL of the HOLY SPIRIT. The new child of God was bought and paid for by the BLOOD OF JESUS. The new child of God is now a purchased possession of Jesus Christ forever.

There is no installment plan for Salvation, as Salvation is a GIFT from God, full and FREE. No man can pay for it, and no man can earn it. Man can't miss a payment because there is NO PAYMENT. Jesus Christ finished the work on the Cross and paid in FULL WITH HIS BLOOD. A man has nothing to add to the PERFECT SACRIFICE OF JESUS CHRIST on the Cross. We can and should love HIM with all of our heart and live a life of appreciation for HIS GIFT. If we work for HIM as a duty, those works will be burned up and worthless. If we work for HIM in joy and love, HE will accept our work and call it "good". If we don't work for HIM, that would be a poor testimony before men, but God does not take back HIS free GIFT of Salvation. Our Salvation is "not of works" or deeds of the law, rather a GIFT from God. A Christian in a coma is still a Christian. A Christian with Alzheimer's or insanity is still a Christian. A Christian who stumbles and commits a sin is still a Christian. Many have posted the Scripture proofs of what I just said above, but you ignored them.

Romans 5:15  But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
Romans 5:16  And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
Romans 5:17  For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Romans 5:18  Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Romans 6:23  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

2 Corinthians 9:15  Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.

Ephesians 2:4  But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Ephesians 2:5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Ephesians 2:6  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Ephesians 2:7  That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Ephesians 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Ephesians 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Silver Surfer, your teaching is false, and you don't honor the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the Cross with your words. You preach self-righteousness and self-perfection instead of the Cross. You teach works and obedience of the Law instead of the Gospel of the Grace of God. Your teaching is hurting the lost and confusing the babes in Christ. Your teaching will be labeled as FALSE, and some of it will be deleted from Christians Unite.

Silver Surfer, with what you teach, no man would be saved. BUT, what you teach does NOT resemble the Gospel of the Grace of God. With what you teach, no man would ever have any assurance of Salvation, but what you teach is false. You want to teach that Salvation is the work and righteousness of men, but that is FALSE. Salvation is the work and righteousness of Jesus Christ, not men. Our Salvation in Jesus Christ is 100% certain, only because it is NOT our works, obedience of the Law, or our righteousness involved at all. The one sin and you're out doctrine you preach is of the devil, not God. Silver, you most obviously and definitely sin, so under your doctrine Christ would have to be crucified again and again for you to be Saved. However, what you teach is false. Jesus Christ died on the Cross for us, and HIS Sacrifice was perfect.

Silver, you will never find self-righteousness because it doesn't exist. It is far past time for you to yield to the righteousness of Jesus Christ and have 100% assurance of Salvation. Your assurance of Salvation will be in Jesus, not yourself.

Remember that anything you do for God as a duty will be burned up and worthless. If you do something for God in love, joy, and appreciation, God will call it "good". If you spend eternity with Jesus, it will be because of HIS WORK, HIS OBEDIENCE, and HIS SACRIFICE - not yours.

Redemption, forgiveness, sanctification, and Salvation are HIS WORKS - not yours.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2004, 10:01:17 PM »

Pastor Roger, Brother Love, and Jemidon2004,

AMEN BROTHERS!!

The Gospel of the Grace of God is about Jesus, the Cross, and HIS GIFT GOD has given us. I give thanks that it isn't about my goodness, my righteousness, my works, my deeds, or anything else so unworthy that I may have done.

The obedience of Jesus Christ unto death, HIS SACRIFICE, HIS WORK, and HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS is what gives me 100% assurance of Salvation. That's the only way a man or woman can be saved, and I give thanks for His Unspeakable GIFT. I could never pay for or earn such a GIFT, so I will humbly take His Gift and praise HIM for the rest of my life.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2004, 03:59:23 PM »

Silver Surfer,

I bear true witness that your teaching is false. I could care less what the dime-a-dozen false prophetess Ellen G. White said. She is your problem. Her teaching was false, and your teaching is false.

(Ephesians 2:4)  But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

(Ephesians 2:5)  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

(Ephesians 2:6)  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

(Ephesians 2:7)  That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

(Ephesians 2:Cool  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

(Ephesians 2:9)  Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Salvation is GOD's gift, love, and work. It had to be a GIFT because no man deserves it and no man can earn it. Throw away Ellen G. White's garbage and read the Holy Bible.

We are still trying to help you, but that doesn't mean that we will allow you to hurt the lost and confuse the babes in Christ. When you start spewing Ellen G. White's garbage, it will be labeled as false, and you will be confronted.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2004, 07:31:24 PM »

Statement of Faith
« on: April 23, 2004, 05:03:39 AM »      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Christians Unite offers many free services to Christian Webmasters.  Examples include Christian Counters, Christian Guest Books, dynamic Christian content that changes at least daily, web site and address listing, and much more. You might find it interesting to browse through the host of web sites who share the statement of faith or belief below.  Agreement with the statement of faith or belief below is required for all free services offered by Christians Unite. If you are looking for just about anything Christian, you will most likely find what you want in the Christians Unite listings.

Statement of Faith for Free Christians Unite Services

1.  We can only accept entries from web sites that glorify Jesus Christ. If your web site is of a Christian nature then this must be made obvious. If your site is Christian owned, then it must contain a statement of faith, testimony, or presentation of the Gospel. There can be no contradiction of the other terms of this agreement.

2.  You must believe that Jesus Christ was the son of God, is God, was born of a virgin, was crucified as punishment for the sins of mankind severally, was resurrected on the third day, ascended into heaven, and is coming back soon to rule and reign for evermore.

3.  You must believe that the only way to eternal salvation is through personal belief that the blood of Jesus is all-sufficient for the penalty of sin and an acceptance of him into your life as Lord and Saviour.

4.  You must believe in salvation by grace alone, and that salvation is immediate and eternal upon acceptance of Jesus as a one-time sacrifice for your sins, and not obtained through any works, sacraments, traditions or merits of our own.

5.  You must believe in the Trinity: That God The Father, God The Son, and God The Holy Spirit are three Persons present in one God.

6.  Your site cannot contain any rude, obscene, or otherwise unagreeable content, to be judged solely by our opinion.

7.  We reserve the right to cancel any account at any time for any reason. Any dispute will be solved by ChristiansUnite.com.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2004, 08:50:23 PM »

Thanks for that headsup, bep...

I'd have to agree with 2nd Tim's first post here...

Strange that Paul does not share your views of law keeping.

Phi 3:4  Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Phi 3:5  Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Phi 3:6  Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Phi 3:7  But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Phi 3:8  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

He called his perfection of lawkeeping dung that he might win Christ as his righteousness.  I think a few thumbs up are in order for brother Paul....don't you BL?  

Ima thinkin' I only have the blood of Jesus that'll make me 'loyal to God'.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2004, 09:27:22 PM »

Symphony Said:

He called his perfection of lawkeeping dung that he might win Christ as his righteousness.  I think a few thumbs up are in order for brother Paul....don't you BL?  

Ima thinkin' I only have the blood of Jesus that'll make me 'loyal to God'.

AMEN SYMPHONY!!!! 10 Thumbs UP!! for Brother Paul!

I'm positive that the only thing I have to brag about is the Blood of Jesus! ONLY JESUS can set us free from the curse of sin and death!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Sulfurdolphin

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2004, 09:45:00 PM »

I want to point out is that when the Shabbat was given it was given to the Royal Priest Hood, God's servant the Jewish people. Shabbat is intended for the jewish people and not for the gentiles. Even though it is an eternal law that the jewish people have to observe. Christ became our Shabbat for the Gentiles as well as saviour for the jews and the gentile world.
It is not required for non jews (gentiles) to observe shabbat every friday and saturday.

Michael
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the