Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:49:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Music (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  KoRn thoughts and prayer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: KoRn thoughts and prayer  (Read 4735 times)
phantom934

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2004, 05:37:42 PM »

Any one else here like em? I know their bad but think PRAYER WORKS!! They would so great in the Christian stream or at least if they started singin good and got saved! A ROCK and KoRn fan(praying daily for them). ROCK ON Jon
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 04:37:31 PM »

Yeah, uh...Korn sucks.
phantom934

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 05:49:47 PM »

Yeah, uh...Korn sucks.

Ya your entitled to your opinion..wrong maybe. But hey if you pray for and BELEIVE then they may go toward what you like.
phantom934

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 05:55:58 PM »

Im kinda suprised you posted but anywho why is it that you always have something negative to say? With my first post you just made fun of my title and didnt even help me. Now you just say they suck not even Ill pray for them once. Didnt Jesus he's for the WHOLE world. Even murders much less KoRn.
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2004, 05:04:15 PM »

First of all, any band whose lead singer screams into a mic that's only an inch away from his mouth while the rest of the band plays indecipherable riffs and bangs unrhythmically on a drumset with "corn" misspelled on the bass drum cannot be considered "good."

And if you want me to have any respect for YOUR opinion, than what's this all about?: Ya your entitled to your opinion..wrong maybe.

they may go toward what you like.

Even if they did, I wouldn't listen to them, because...well, they would have once been in Korn.

why is it that you always have something negative to say?

If you're asking me sincerely, the answer is because I think it's funny, and overall incites much more interesting responses, such as this one. I personally think that any message board that has nothing but posts and threads saying things like "Oh, yay, God is good" and "let's all make pointless threads in which no one disagrees with what we say" is not a fun one. I'm here to mix it up a little, or at least, I like to think I am.

If, however, you're patronizing me by asking that question, my answer would because I enjoy making you frustrated. Maybe it's due to the cynicism of my teenage mind. Maybe it's because I have a huge ego. Maybe, more specifically, it's because I don't like people who listen exclusively to nu-metal and dress in black hoodies and black pants studded with plastic spikes, and walk around the school with a scowl on their face, looking all depressed and deliberately anti-social, and since I can't judge you on anything other than the music you listen to, I can only assume that's the way you are.

With my first post you just made fun of my title

Haha, yeah...that was awesome. Not the title, my post.

Now you just say they suck not even Ill pray for them once.

I don't feel like getting into my prayer life right now, so I won't.

Didnt Jesus he's for the WHOLE world. Even murders much less KoRn.

*Sigh.*

Even if you're NOT going to use correct grammar, you could at least have the decency to proofread, if not for yourself, than for the people who may read your posts, so that it makes sense.

Regardless, yes, Jesus did die for the whole world. He is "for" the whole world, however you want to put it. I know. As far as I'm concerned, Korn are murderers for butchering the music scene, but yes, you're correct in saying that Korn is cared for by Jesus. Does it make any difference to me? No, not really, and I don't see what you're getting at. All I said was that Korn sucks. And now it's been drawn out to this. I'm sorry.
Aiden

I seek Truth, I seek God.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2004, 07:05:32 PM »

The musicians in KoRn are amazing. I try to avoid listening to them because of the dark aura surronding them, but I can appreciate good music when I hear it. Take care.

-Aiden-
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2004, 07:59:00 AM »

Ben, You have got to work on getting past your shyness!
So what do YOU think of Korn?

Grin

Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2004, 04:31:19 PM »

Was that really a "shy" response? Or are you being sarcastic? I guess I have trouble detecting sarcasm online if it's not my own.

What do I think or Korn? I hate their music, I hate their lyrics, I hate what they stand for.

Wow, I'm surprised you remembered my real name. Amazing.
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2004, 07:07:21 AM »

Nah, I was just kidding! It didn't read 'shy' at all!   Wink

phantom934

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2004, 09:20:48 AM »

Out of the two guitarists one is missing his finger(an essential part of playing the guitar trust me I know cuz I take lessons) The drummer was recruited into the band at age 13!!!(HELLO that says something about his drumming.) The bassist is THE best out there. I have not heard a band put the bass guitar in the forefront. Usually there always in the background. And to Say Jonathan Davis screams into the mic is a little uneducated. If you want scream try Demon Hunter or Lamb of God. Jon
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2004, 11:58:49 PM »

Out of the two guitarists one is missing his finger(an essential part of playing the guitar trust me I know cuz I take lessons)

Probably because he cut it off because he wanted attention. Or because he was trying to commit suicide because he thought no one liked him (which I'm sure he was right about) and missed his wrist.

The drummer was recruited into the band at age 13!!!(HELLO that says something about his drumming.)

It tells me that no good drummers wanted to degrade themselves by being associated with Korn, so they had to look for a kid that wanted money.

The bassist is THE best out there. I have not heard a band put the bass guitar in the forefront.

Well, since calling him the best is subjective anyway, I can just call him the worst and it would mean the same thing to someone who's never heard Korn before. It's not like it's hard to play bad bass. I could do it.

And to Say Jonathan Davis screams into the mic is a little uneducated.

Fine. He warbles into the mic. He makes ugly noise into the mic. He makes my eardrums bleed into the mic. I don't care, he still can't sing.

If you want scream try Demon Hunter or Lamb of God.

I really don't, thanks. I'll be sure not to try them out. Because they probably suck, too.

I notice you've decked out your profile and everything with praise for Korn. Is that to spite me? Good job, you look like an idiot you like nu-metal (changed at the risk of being complained about, even though both things mean the same thing to me).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 12:01:22 AM by Sapphire W34P0N » Logged
Ralf

Hooray for the axolotl!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2004, 04:53:14 PM »

haha Ben I take it?
I was going to do the same thing with the other people. I have a lot of korn music on my computer and  enjoy listening to it every so often.
but arguing for the sake of making things lively is good so yeah. otherwise boards aren't very fun Sad

-Ralf
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2004, 05:18:11 PM »

I'm not sure if I should be happy that you want to argue, or angry that you don't use grammar.
Ralf

Hooray for the axolotl!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2004, 05:41:39 PM »

heh, well I never did really bother listening to how to use grammar correctly. also I'm too lazy to do the whole grammar thing Tongue after all it's that much extra effort required. As for the arguing thing? well meh I enjoy a good argument most of the time Smiley

-Ralf
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2004, 04:55:05 PM »

Changing your name to KoRn RULES just to spite me is about the most adolescent thing you could possibly do, so now I WILL say it: you look like an idiot.

Also, you have to change your signature. I don't care if you fill it with Korn lyrics or whatever, just make it shorter. The way it is now, any post you make causes the entire layout to stretch, and it's really annoying to have to scroll back and forth. How many people do you think would actually click on the link, if it weren't broken? And I mean besides you. That's a big, fat zero. It's a waste of space and effort.

As for Ralf, I still don't see the "extra effort" as an excuse, because it would only take you an entire thirty seconds or less longer to make your posts look professional, but I appreciate that you enjoy arguing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the