Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:56:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286820 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Should the church promote young marriages to deal with sexual immorality?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should the church promote young marriages to deal with sexual immorality?  (Read 16256 times)
Greg F

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2007, 12:16:04 PM »

And of course I fully agree that all verses should be taken in context. We are not an ascetic religion, however.  The Song of Solomon also makes clear that our love and passion for each other in marriage can be favored by God.  The balance is the important thing, and putting God first in our lives, regardless of the pleasures in life that he has granted us.
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2007, 04:28:50 PM »

I believe churches are seriously dealing with not only young marriages...but young people living together...I counsel and I can't even begin to tell you the problems I have sat and listened to and prayed with these couples...Sin is rampant and worse much of th sin that is unacceptable to God is accepted and that is due to so much compromise that the sin is comfortable in the home and in the church...Assurance is veiwed as Insurance and it is so sad to see the children that come out of these marriages...There are homosexuals who claim to be christians who are not only accepted but give testimony before the assembly...In dealing with this...it is money that keeps the sin going...and the lust for the bigger better church that is like a theme park...We do not need to have to "deal" but to "repent"...and repentance is the last word many churches want to preach...it would "offend"....There are also so many churches that do not realize the Spirit has left and all that keeps the church going is the people who attend a social gahtering hearing what will justify their sin....Revival has become an annual event that brings big name people with big name intertainment...What we deal with is not marital problems, sexual immorality..but the acceptance of sin in the camp...If there is anyting we can do..is pray and to go tell the truth of the gospel that will set men free...that will deliver a soul from hell...that is our command from God...

Maryjane
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2007, 05:16:35 PM »

is pray and to go tell the truth of the gospel that will set men free...that will deliver a soul from hell...that is our command from God...

Amen!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2007, 05:28:31 PM »

I believe churches are seriously dealing with not only young marriages...but young people living together...I counsel and I can't even begin to tell you the problems I have sat and listened to and prayed with these couples...Sin is rampant and worse much of th sin that is unacceptable to God is accepted and that is due to so much compromise that the sin is comfortable in the home and in the church...Assurance is veiwed as Insurance and it is so sad to see the children that come out of these marriages...There are homosexuals who claim to be christians who are not only accepted but give testimony before the assembly...In dealing with this...it is money that keeps the sin going...and the lust for the bigger better church that is like a theme park...We do not need to have to "deal" but to "repent"...and repentance is the last word many churches want to preach...it would "offend"....There are also so many churches that do not realize the Spirit has left and all that keeps the church going is the people who attend a social gahtering hearing what will justify their sin....Revival has become an annual event that brings big name people with big name intertainment...What we deal with is not marital problems, sexual immorality..but the acceptance of sin in the camp...If there is anyting we can do..is pray and to go tell the truth of the gospel that will set men free...that will deliver a soul from hell...that is our command from God...

Maryjane
AMEN

As a friend of mine would say............  God is not in Heaven saying, "Let's make a deal."  God is in Heaven saying, "This is the deal !!"

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2007, 06:06:02 PM »

Hi Dreamweaver...

That is a great quote...Your friend is wise...
Greg F

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2007, 06:39:20 PM »

Maryjane, I did not undertand this: "Assurance is veiwed as Insurance and it is so sad to see the children that come out of these marriages..."

What does it mean?

Greg
<><
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2007, 06:57:28 PM »

Hi Greg...

I love people that ask questions...I learn from them...

Forgive me for not being more clear...in my statement...Assurance is viewed as Insurance...It means that people keep sinning and sinning thinking they have nothing to worry since they at one time said a prayer and never grew from there...People who profess to be christians but do not show fruit..but claim to have accepted God at some point and it is enough...and those who think they have time before death to accept the Lord..

Yes...it is sad to see children come out of marriages these days..I counseled a little girl who told me her mother told her she could chose which gender she wanted to be...and I was surprised as these people attend a local church...There are children that do not even know who their father is or mother from the many men or women their parents live with and in many cases the children are abused and this is where I come in...I counsel the abused...and I was told not to mention the Lord...but God is gracious as I have never been caught and even if I am...it is worth the price...I realize I cannot mention cases...but the cases are the same...people living without hope....but there is hope...and we can tell them...

Sincerely...

Maryjane
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2007, 07:07:04 PM »

there is hope...and we can tell them

Amen, sister. It is difficult in many situations today to do just that. Teachers, counsellors, and many more are being silenced from using the truth to help the lost and ailing. I thank God that I am not in such a position and as of yet have not had anyone try to silence me. Our children need the Lord's help to make it through such a sin filled world that we are in today.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2007, 07:21:46 PM »

Dear Pastor...

What you say is true...but I made the choice not to be silent...and I know the ones I have spoken to wer open to the gospel and it is only God who has kept me where I am...I know sometime I might get caught but it's worth it...as I know the Lord will open another door in which I can be used...

I had suffered a stroke and for awhile..could not counsel...I had broken the side of my face through the fall and my doctor was surprised my eye did not stay in the socket...I cracked my ribs and you know..I healed quickly and it is only the Lord and the fantastic  part about it is that my job waited for me..and again gave me opportunity to speak to people that I felt led to speak to...You know...I had a heard time at first with memory...but God let me know how His word is imprinted on my heart...and I was so amazed by how quickly healing came to me...

Pastor...I am so thankful to be in this forum...I believe with all my heart the Lord has given us a precious gift by giving the saints to encourage one another...especially in these times...Even though it will not get better as far as the world goes...Heaven shines even brighter...each and every day reminds me..We will see Him face to face and that is really all I look for...We who are called are so blessed and how can we not want the same for a dying world...

I am glad to be here in this forum...

Sincerely...

Maryjane
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2007, 07:26:50 PM »

I am glad that you are here also, sister.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2007, 07:27:54 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

It's very sad to see what's happening in many of our churches and in our society. Many of our churches are little more than business corporations trying to make money by making people feel good about their sin. In fact, many of the churches are now being run by the devil. Many who wallow in the bottom of the pit in darkness are now standing behind the pulpits. It really doesn't matter how big the church is, how many people attend, how fancy things are, or anything else of this world. What matters is the full-strength WORD of GOD being preached, regardless of which toes are stepped on.

Many churches and many self-proclaimed Christians have stopped doing the LORD'S WORK. The world doesn't like to be told about sin, and many in the world are unable to sit under the sound doctrine of the HOLY BIBLE. The HOLY BIBLE tells what is right and wrong, and good or sin. The BIBLE doesn't mince words and tip-toe through the tulips like the world wants. The BIBLE calls sin "SIN", and it's supposed to convict people of wrong. The BIBLE tells people what GOD likes and what GOD hates. What people like and want is NOT a consideration for the HOLY BIBLE, and it never has been. Further, the HOLY BIBLE warns those who will call good "evil" - or call EVIL "good".

I'm very sad to say that many churches are now little more than places for entertainment. Many so-called Christians are in the same business, and it's becoming hard to tell who they serve - GOD or the devil.

I will put things very bluntly. For a Christian, the THINGS OF GOD are the only priority. The THINGS OF GOD are the teachings from the HOLY BIBLE - HIS WORD. Bluntly - the wants and desires of man are usually the opposite of what GOD wants. BUT, many Christians and churches are more interested in catering to the wants and desires of man than they are in serving GOD. After all, being popular and making men happy pays the bills and BUILDS HUGE churches. BIBLE Prophecy tells us there will be a time when men won't be able to tolerate the sound doctrine of the HOLY BIBLE, and that time appears to be here.

Brothers and Sisters, the secrets of happiness for a Christian in this short life are in the HOLY BIBLE, so they aren't any secret. As an individual, I could care less what men want - I care what GOD wants. I could also care less about being popular, specifically if it means any compromise with the HOLY BIBLE. What I want to do is very simple:

1 - Share the full-strength TRUTH of the HOLY BIBLE.

2 - Run a good race.

3 - Fight a good fight.

4 - Finish my course.

5 - AND, one day hopefully hear, "Well done good and faithful servant."

For those who don't recognize the above, they are the wishes of Paul, and Paul wanted all Glory to go to GOD for all things. Every Christian should have these same desires. This life is very short, and we only have one shot at it. This is not our home, and this short life is NOT what we were designed for. HINT: We were designed for Eternity, and there will be an Eternity for each and every one of us in either Heaven or the fires of hell. What our CREATOR Wants for us in this short life should be the end of the story - PERIOD! BUT, many men will deny HIM completely, and many more will think that they know better than the CREATOR what is good and right for them to do.

Brothers and Sisters, Christians should simply get to doing the FATHER'S BUSINESS - HIS WAY! In the end, nothing else will matter. RIGHT NOW AND REALISTICALLY, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:26-27 NASB  In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

Galatians 2:19-21 NASB  "For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. "I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly."

2 Timothy 4:7-8 NASB  I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Romans 8:28 NASB  And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Romans 12:1-2 NASB  Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2007, 07:38:29 PM »

MaryJane Said:

Pastor...I am so thankful to be in this forum...I believe with all my heart the Lord has given us a precious gift by giving the saints to encourage one another...especially in these times...Even though it will not get better as far as the world goes...Heaven shines even brighter...each and every day reminds me..We will see Him face to face and that is really all I look for...We who are called are so blessed and how can we not want the same for a dying world...

I am glad to be here in this forum...

Sincerely...

Maryjane

Sister

I second the thoughts of Pastor Roger. YES - we are very happy to have you with us. Christians are living in increasingly difficult times. GOD did give us fellowship to encourage each other and strengthen each other in CHRIST. This old world is going downhill almost like a runaway train. Christians won't be able to stop the train, but we are supposed to work on the train until GOD takes over. I have a feeling that time will be soon.

In the meantime - KEEP LOOKING UP!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 31:19 NASB  How great is Your goodness, Which You have stored up for those who fear You, Which You have wrought for those who take refuge in You, Before the sons of men!

1 Thessalonians 5:8-10 NASB  But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation. For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2007, 08:15:46 PM »

Add a third to P.R.'s I've enjoyed all your posts Maryjane.  I'm glad you joined us here at, Christians Unite forum.

I think I'll work on a sermon for next week, on marriage.  Just as a reminder to my Church.

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2007, 10:40:21 PM »

Hi Blackeyedpea...

Thank you for this post...as I read it..I had tears due to the reality of the condition of the churches...I think it has been very hard to say there is a problem in the body due to the verse "Touch not mine annointed"..it is used to justify the false teachings on TV..but..there will come atime when it will crumble before their very eyes and the conviction will come...and some will reject...for the lust for money and immorality is high...So...we pray and we go where ever the Spirit sends in Jesus name..

Sincerely,

Maryjane

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2007, 12:24:13 AM »

Hello MaryJane,

Sister, you hit the nail on the head. Praying and going to do whatever we are called to do is HIS WAY. This is our Joy, regardless of what the task is - big or small - easy or difficult. GOD has a reason for everything. I was just thinking again about a wonderful Promise from GOD - HIS WORD will never return void. HIS WORD will accomplish HIS PURPOSE. We might never know the final results of what we were sent to do, but GOD does, and GOD is in charge. HE does whatever HE Wills in heaven and on earth. These are absolute FACTS, and they are beautiful.

The rest of the thought is the happiest Christians are the ones most yielded to GOD in all things. Simply, they Trust HIM and Obey HIM. I'm not hinting that I fit this description, but I think that all Christians should strive for this description. We probably all know someone who might come close to this description. Typically, they are happy all of the time - they don't seem to worry about much - and there is a sweetness about them that is uplifting to anyone who crosses their path. They also manage to tell others the complete TRUTH from the BIBLE and try to give GOD all of the Glory in all things. There is only one way for a person to accomplish all of these things at the same time: yielded completely with GOD working in and through them. These are things we can pray for.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 4:4 NASB  Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the