Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 09:03:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Jesus Christ is God.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jesus Christ is God.  (Read 5032 times)
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 04, 2005, 01:29:17 AM »

Deuteronomy 32:3-4

Because I will publish the name of the Lord: ascribe ye greatness unto out God.  He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment; a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Matthew 17:18

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

John 20:25-28

The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord.  But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.  And after eight days agian his disciples were within and Thomas with them; then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.  Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Isaiah 42:1-4

Behold my servent, whom I uphold, mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit up him; he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.  He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.  A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.  He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.

Matthew 12:15-21

But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all: And charged them that they should not make him known:  That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esa'ias the prophet,saying,  Behold my servent, whom thy soul is well pleased:  I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgement to the Gentiles.  He shall not strive, nor cry neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.  A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.  And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
ldsaint

Speak your heart!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 07:24:23 PM »

Jesus and God, and the Holy Ghost for that matter are all seperate beings. It is proven in the Bible if you read it correctly, or read at all for that matter. When Jesus is babtised by john the babtist, the heavens opened and there came a voice from heaven saying... This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. If they were the same being....Why Does this passage exsist?? Matt. 3:17. In the next chapter the devil refers to Jesus as the SON of God? If you need more passages to read about this subject reply and I will list the many chapters and verses. Huh
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 08:27:57 PM »

The three are one. It is proven in the Bible if you read it correctly, or read at all for that matter. This is a Christian forum and the Trinity is not a debatable subject on this forum. For more information than the following verses you can read the threads "Is Jesus God? part one and part two" in Apologetics.

I repeat this is not a debatable subject on this forum.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one.

1Jo 5:7  For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 08:35:57 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 08:38:47 PM »

Jesus and God, and the Holy Ghost for that matter are all seperate beings. It is proven in the Bible if you read it correctly, or read at all for that matter. When Jesus is babtised by john the babtist, the heavens opened and there came a voice from heaven saying... This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. If they were the same being....Why Does this passage exsist?? Matt. 3:17. In the next chapter the devil refers to Jesus as the SON of God? If you need more passages to read about this subject reply and I will list the many chapters and verses. ???

ldsaint,

First, I'll say WELCOME to Christians Unite.

Now, back to your post. You would be wasting your time completely. All mature Christians know that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are One Almighty God.

The evidence in the Holy Bible is overwhelming. Take a look at the following threads. These are just a small sample of what's already on the forum, so please read them and learn.

Is Jesus God - Part 2

Is Jesus God - Part 1

Love in Christ,
Tom

John 8:18-19 ASV  I am he that beareth witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.  They said therefore unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye know neither me, nor my Father: if ye knew me, ye would know my Father also.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 08:46:43 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

ldsaint

Speak your heart!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 12:56:45 PM »

God, Jesus and the holy ghost are of the same purpose but not the same person....did you all not read the bible,,, why would jesus pray to himself?? and call himself, his son?? This is a debatable subject because I am a strong christian I go to church every sunday I read the scriptures. There are many instances were jesus prays to God, Not himself.In our religion we are taught this, I know it to be true. I am a Christian. I believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and as my Savior and redeemer. I challenge you to read the Scriptures and pray about this, and I know you will find it to be true also. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2005, 01:30:57 PM »

Yes, Jesus is the son of God. He is also very God. I strongly suggest that you open your eyes and read the Bible. It say both, Jesus Christ is the Son of God and He is God. To say this is not true is to ignore many verses in the Bible and to limit the power of God. It is to say that it is not possible for God to do such a thing. Again I refer you to the links that blackeyedpeas gave above. For your own benefit take the time to read those links.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ldsaint

Speak your heart!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2005, 03:19:50 PM »

How are you not ignoring verses that say that jesus is the Son of God? I am not intrested in other peoples propaganda and interpretations of what the bible says.If jesus is the son of God,, He isnt God. They are one in the same in purpose. If jesus was God then why did he tell his desciples do not worship me worship God. Again I know what the Bible says about the Trinity, you are mis interpreting the Bible. Because if you believe they are the same, and the bible says that they are and that they are not... Is the Bible Flawed.... YES. Because the bible was written and re written By who??? By man. I believe the Bible is the word of god. As long as it is translated correctly. You all should realize that the Bible is only inspired by God.. God did not write it.
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2005, 03:26:07 PM »

When I made this thread I made it to show people that Jesus is God.  He clearly is if you read the Bible.  I have read the New Testement and the majority of the Old Testement. I'm still working on it.  I have made this thread in response to the Muslims that are were in my college writing class and thought that I would use it here as well.  I didn't write it to attack anyone.  Just to prove that Jesus is God.  God is 3 in 1.  I just think that people how aren't saved can't understand that.  There is God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  It wouldn't be right to make them anything less then what they are.

Read this verse:

Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

It is hard to explain God, but as you can see from the verse above, there is definently one God, but like I said 3 in 1.  God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

Brothers and sisters in Christ, please don't attack people that ask questions or don't understand, but show them why something is the way it is and always have Bible verses to back it up.

Love in Christ, all you guys,
Kris

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2005, 04:22:25 PM »

How are you not ignoring verses that say that jesus is the Son of God? I am not intrested in other peoples propaganda and interpretations of what the bible says.If jesus is the son of God,, He isnt God. They are one in the same in purpose. If jesus was God then why did he tell his desciples do not worship me worship God. Again I know what the Bible says about the Trinity, you are mis interpreting the Bible. Because if you believe they are the same, and the bible says that they are and that they are not... Is the Bible Flawed.... YES. Because the bible was written and re written By who??? By man. I believe the Bible is the word of god. As long as it is translated correctly. You all should realize that the Bible is only inspired by God.. God did not write it.

I am not ignoring the verses that say Jesus is the son of God. I even told you in my last post that He is. You however are ignoring the verses that Jesus is also God. Is this such a difficult concept to understand that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, all three, are also one?

Joh 4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Isa 7:14  Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Isa 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Mat 1:23  Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

These are just a few of the many verses that prove that Jesus is also God. Do you deny these verses also or are you only willing to recognise the verses that say He is the Son of God?

You yourself  said that Jesus is the Son of God. If the Holy Spirit is not God also then why verses like the following one?

Mat 1:18  Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 04:32:12 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2005, 11:10:22 PM »

Amen PR!   Jesus Christ is God.  If He wasn't, then we are still in our sins.  Only Righteous blood can redeem us, and only God is Righteous.  

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Rev 1:7  Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Jesus IS God full of grace and truth, Hallelujah to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords....THE ALMIGHTY!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Reba
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2005, 12:39:24 AM »

Jesus and God, and the Holy Ghost for that matter are all seperate beings. It is proven in the Bible if you read it correctly, or read at all for that matter. When Jesus is babtised by john the babtist, the heavens opened and there came a voice from heaven saying... This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. If they were the same being....Why Does this passage exsist?? Matt. 3:17. In the next chapter the devil refers to Jesus as the SON of God? If you need more passages to read about this subject reply and I will list the many chapters and verses. Huh

Heb 1:8

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
KJV

God calls Jesus God who is man to say different?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2005, 02:39:55 AM »

Kriss777,

Several massive threads about the absolute fact that JESUS is and always has been VERY GOD were made for the same reasons you made this one. We've had a never ending stream of cult members coming here to do their work. There is no pulpit here for those cult members, and there never will be. It is kind to be bold in proclaiming the truth, especially to those who have been brain-washed with lies for many years. It would be unkind to do anything else, as the cult members would simply remain lost in their sins and headed for eternal destruction.

It's very common for cult members to ignore the facts, especially the Gospel of the Grace of God. They can't look at the facts and remain true to their mission. It is beyond imagination that they keep coming here to rescue us from JESUS, Very God, our Lord and Saviour. The facts are already here and in the Holy Bible, but that violates the mission of the cult member. The kindest and most reasonable thing to do is remove the cult pulpit and give them the truth, both here and for those who stand on your front porch. Anything less is cruel and risks others being snared by the devil for the same cult.

Bold and blunt truth is love and kindness for cult members for the above reasons. Even with that, it's hard to get their attention.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Timothy 4:1-2 ASV  I charge thee in the sight of God, and of Christ Jesus, who shall judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom:  preach the word; be urgent in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2005, 02:39:51 PM »

It is clear that the terms Father, Son, and Holy Ghost cannot imply three separate persons, personalities, wills, or beings. They can only denote different aspects or roles of one Spirit being   the one God. They describe God's relationships to man, not persons in a Godhead. We use Father to emphasize God's roles as Creator, Father of spirits, Father of the born-again believers, and Father of the humanity of Jesus Christ. We use Son to mean both the humanity of Jesus Christ and God as He manifested Himself in the flesh for the purpose of man's salvation. We use Holy Ghost to emphasize God's active power in the world and among men, particularly His work in regeneration.

It should noted that these three titles are not the only ones God has. Many other titles or names for God are very significant and appear frequently in the Bible, including terms such as LORD (Jehovah), Lord, Word, God Almighty, and Holy One of Israel. The oneness view does not deny Father, Son, or Holy Ghost, but it does refute the view that these terms designate persons in the Godhead. God has many titles, but He is one being. He is indivisible as to His existence, but His revelation of Himself to mankind has been expressed through many channels, including His revelation as the Father, in the Son, and as the Holy Ghost.

Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

In this passage, Jesus commanded His disciples to baptize "in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost." However, this verse of Scripture does not teach that Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are three separate persons. Rather, it teaches the titles of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost identify one name and therefore one being. The verse expressly says "in the name," not "in the names."

Father, Son, and Holy Ghost all describe the one God, so the phrase in Matthew 28:19 simply describes the one name of the one God. The Old Testament promised that there would come a time when Jehovah would have one name and that this one name would be made known Zechariah 14:9; Isaiah 52:6. We know that the one name of Matthew 28:19 is Jesus, for Jesus is the name of the Father John 5:43; Hebrews 1:4, the Son Matthew 1:21, and the Holy Ghost John 14:26. The New Testament church understood this to be so, for they baptized in the name of Jesus Christ Acts 2:38; 8:16; 10:48; 19:5; I Corinthians 1:13. Matthew himself endorsed this interpretation by standing with Peter and the other apostles during the sermon in which Peter commanded the people to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ Acts 2:14-38.

Some claim that the references in Acts do not really mean that the name of Jesus was orally uttered as part of the baptismal formula. However, this appears to be an attempt to twist the language to comply with an erroneous doctrine and practice. Acts 22:16 says, "Arise and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." Matthew 28:19 does not teach three persons in one God, but rather it gives three titles of God, all of which properly apply to Jesus Christ. These titles sum up different roles of God or modes of His revelation; by its singular reference to "name," it focuses upon the one name of God revealed in the New Testament. That name is Jesus.

Further light on this interpretation that the name of God is Jesus comes from a comparison of Revelation 14:1 with 22:3-4. There is one name for the Father, God, and the Lamb. The Lamb is Jesus, so Jesus is the name of God and the Father.

The Bible speaks of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost as different manifestations, roles, modes, titles, attributes, relationships to man, or functions of the one God, but it does not refer to Father, Son, and Holy Ghost as three persons, personalities, wills, minds, or Gods. God is the Father of us all and in a unique way the Father of the man Jesus Christ. God manifested Himself in flesh in the person of Jesus Christ, called the Son of God. God is also called the Holy Spirit, which emphasizes His activity in the daily lives and affairs of mankind.

Please, don't fall into mans

Resting in the arms, of the Lord.
Bob

Deuteronomy 32:36 For the LORD shall judge his people, and repent himself for his servants, when he seeth that their power is gone, and there is none shut up, or left.

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2005, 01:09:50 AM »

Just thought that I would add this too.  I feel that I am drawn to these verses for a reason.  I think that I'm supposed to tell people who are confused about who Jesus is, who he is exactly.  I think that it might be directed to the people at my college, but I thought that I would post it here too.  Hope I'm not annoying.

Isaiah 7:14  "Therefor the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Im-man'-u-el.  Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.  For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.

Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall call his name Em-man'-u-el, which being intepreted is, God with us."

Matthew 1:21 " And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus; for he shall save his people from their sins.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 01:11:29 AM by Kris777 » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2005, 07:18:14 AM »

Kris,

A person is never annoying when they present the truth. Thank you for adding this to this thread.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the