Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 10:43:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Using Christ's Name to Mislead?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Using Christ's Name to Mislead?  (Read 4248 times)
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2005, 10:35:24 PM »

I have issues with the Mormons who give away Bibles but do not believe that Jesus is God's son.  They talk about Jesus on T.V. and mislead people in believing that they are a Bible believing Church.

I know very little about the Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses.  I've learned some things here on the board about them.  I know Bronzesnake and Pastor Roger have a website called "The Fifth Day" with information on the JV's.  I forget if they have anything on the Mormon's.  At the bottom of Pastor Roger's posts you can just click on the blue printed, The Fifth Day.  

I do know they can be misleading to unsuspecting people.  They have a book called The Book of Mormon which they hold in higher esteem than the Bible.  Supposedly, their founder was given "revelations" from God.........this is, I think where the book of mormon came from.

It's been so long since it all was explained to me that I've forgotten it because it wasn't in line with my Christian belief.  I tend to forget something that isn't important.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2005, 10:47:58 PM »

We have a pretty thorough article on both Mormonism and the JW's as well as a few others.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2005, 11:20:01 PM »

Bottom line that I’ve been taught:  If a person does not believe Jesus Christ is God then that person is not a Christian.  To be a Christian means knowing that Christ is God.  Neither JW nor LDS (Mormon) fully believe this basic truth.  
Beyond that – the other 30,000 million, gazillion of us who recognize that Jesus Christ IS God and IS the Spirit and only through HIM are we saved; we generally always find a way to keep the Body whole no matter the minor (or sometimes not so minor) congregational doctrine we may wish to practice.  
To me it’s a simple litmus test.
Jesus said it was easy.
I’ve never been in a foxhole – but I bet there are those here (PR?) who will tell you that there are only Christians in a foxhole – not Presbyterians or Methodists or Catholics or Baptist or Adventists or Other – just Christians; the Body of Christ all desperately dependent on the Head.  

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
John 3:16

My Heavenly Father Is Alive Today

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2005, 11:52:57 PM »

I have issues with the Mormons who give away Bibles but do not believe that Jesus is God's son.  They talk about Jesus on T.V. and mislead people in believing that they are a Bible believing Church.

I Agree With You Grandma on that

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2005, 11:55:26 PM »

but I bet there are those here (PR?) who will tell you that there are only Christians in a foxhole – not Presbyterians or Methodists or Catholics or Baptist or Adventists or Other – just Christians; the Body of Christ all desperately dependent on the Head.  

Actually I have never been in a foxhole either. But I know what you mean as I have been in the heat of battle many times. When confronted with such a situation there is no difference.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2005, 12:10:56 AM »

Why does it take a foxhole or something similar to draw us all together?  Why do we tend to get a bit lax or even devisive when we're not in a threatening situation?  Those situations show us we can't do it alone, but once seemingly safe, we tend to think we're in control.  How soon some of us forget!

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2005, 12:14:55 AM »

Thank you for the images, PR - those are indeed telling.
Makes me misty-eyed, it does...

God be with our troops...

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2005, 12:18:56 AM »

but I bet there are those here (PR?) who will tell you that there are only Christians in a foxhole – not Presbyterians or Methodists or Catholics or Baptist or Adventists or Other – just Christians; the Body of Christ all desperately dependent on the Head.  

Actually I have never been in a foxhole either. But I know what you mean as I have been in the heat of battle many times. When confronted with such a situation there is no difference.

Just look at those pictures, will ya.  It's because of these guys and gals that that banner yet waves.  Those guys and gals, and what they represent, bring a tear to my eye.  I'm very grateful to them.  May God, thru Jesus Christ, touch and protect everyone of our troops in Iraq.  Thank You Father for answered prayer.  Amen.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2005, 12:26:12 AM »

Why does it take a foxhole or something similar to draw us all together?  Why do we tend to get a bit lax or even devisive when we're not in a threatening situation?  Those situations show us we can't do it alone, but once seemingly safe, we tend to think we're in control.  How soon some of us forget!

In times like that there is no time for contemplation, pride or anything of that nature. Only the most important things matter. The sinning nature comes out.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2005, 12:32:49 AM »

In times like that there is no time for contemplation, pride or anything of that nature. Only the most important things matter. The sinning nature comes out.

Hey guys, I'm hittin' the hay.  
Tomorrow............................................is another day. Wink Grin

Grace and peace,
cris

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2005, 12:35:18 AM »

Why does it take a foxhole or something similar to draw us all together?

cris - I don't have an answer.  The nature of man is so fickle... praise Him we have forgiveness through faith, and that we all have a common understanding of Him as the basic center of our being.  I believe the only utopia is heaven and we'll not see utopia until His ultimate return.  That's when the Body will rejoice as a united Body.  What a GREAT day that will be!  

HHmmmphhff!  Go figure.  Here I am - still optimistic after all these years!  Thank you Lord – for showing us (me) that the real value of our lives is interacting with You.  It’s not what earthly things we (I) stand to lose, rather the eternal rewards we (I) have to realize.  Forgive us (me), Lord, for world-induced selfishness.  

Praise You, Lord for hearing this prayer!

JPD
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2005, 12:39:16 AM »

Amen.

SelahJoy

Pray and praise about everything.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2005, 02:44:49 AM »

Hey Brothers and Sisters in Jesus Christ!

While I've been away from the site, you have been having quite a conversation! Smiley   I certainly appreciate coming "home" and seeing that you are thinking about and praying about the situation in Iraq.  And I wholeheartedly agree with you about keeping our focus on the Lordship and Diety of Jesus Christ.   Additionally, I agree in prayer for LDS and JW to get revelation of who Jesus really is, and that the blinders are removed from their eyes, and that their hearts are open to accept Jesus' free gift of salvation!

I also consider 'why' we get closer to one another when we are in bad times (foxholes) and then, we get comfortable (and stray...) so soon thereafter...it reminds me of the Children of Israel in the Old Testament though.  I guess human nature never changes.  That is why the Holy Spirit living inside us must be so important--to over-rule humanity.

I've been thinking about Iraq, our military coalition there, and the Iraqi people.  The other day, I ended a fast with communion.  I had not planned communion for the Iraqi people, but as I was literally breaking the bread, I believe the Lord impressed it upon me to take it in intercession for the Iraqi people!  It was a powerful moment.  My 20 year old son and I agreed for the salvation of Iraqi civilians AND revival among the military! ...earnestly praying for a revival among the military, and restoration of relationships between military personnel and the Lord Jesus Christ, earnestly praying for restoration of relationships between Iraqi citizens and the Lord Jesus Christ!  I was greatly encouraged by recently reading "A Table in the Presence" by Chaplain Carey Cash!  Within that book, there certainly is no misleading as to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and the authority of the Bible!  My brothers and sisters, I think it is time that we realize we are in the foxhole together----and pray!
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2005, 05:06:35 AM »

The Word is not 'progressive'.  "Progressive" is the root of change. The Word never changes.
People try to recreate God to suit them. They neglect to recreate themselves to suit God. Much of it is vanity.

The progression of God was once delivered for all time and many fail to see it.

ollie

Support your local Christian.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2005, 05:15:30 AM »

Thank you for the images, PR - those are indeed telling.
Makes me misty-eyed, it does...

God be with our troops...
And the Iraqis who after all are the ones we are trying to bring freedom/democrcy to at great expense in lives and material from America. Therefore prayers are needed for both America and Iraq, that God's will be done in this seemingly endless task we have set on ourselves.

ollie

Support your local Christian.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the