Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 07:02:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286818 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Need your Help!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need your Help!  (Read 1071 times)
UseMeLord2007

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2007, 10:53:55 AM »

It is great to see a Christian forum where we can help each other through different aspects of our Christian walk with the Lord. I have been born and raised in a Christian home. My mom struggled when she was young and when I was growing up. I didn't receive the guidance that a child should have. I don't blame my parents for this because I know the circumstances involved with my mom's struggles. (She lost her dad by murder, lost her son through cancer, and her grandfather was killed in an accident.)
I was lost for many years allowing myself to get involved in drinking, smoking and other things I would rather not mention. Through all this I know God was watching over me because here I am loving Him and longing for Him to use me in any way that He can (with Him all things are possible to those who love Him). I rededicated my life in November of 2006. I have 3 children and I believe that He is using them even though I have made many mistakes. I met a man at Church and have been married for 10 years. Our marriage started out rocky through my unfaithfullness to him, but he remained faithful to me and has stuck with me through that. We have struggled with finances and both of us have struggled with smoking. I just want to be totally committed to Jesus and I feel confused. I lack the motivation and am consumed with the thought that I can't please God with smoking. I read my Bible almost daily and I Pray everyday, I praise God everytime I think about Him, I thank Him always for His blessings in our life. I ask Him to take away the desire to smoke. I even quit smoking for 2 months. I started smoking again using the excuse that it calms me down and helps me. I know that I am suppose to lean on Jesus, but it seems so hard. Is it wrong to smoke? What is the difference in smoking and over eating? I want to be a member of my church, but I feel I won't be accepted because I smoke. I keep my habit from my children because they were so proud of me when I quit. I have been baptised and filled with the Holy Spirit. I can't express to you how much I love the Lord and how I know without Him I can do nothing. I hope you look on me as a Sister in Christ, let him without sin cast the first stone if he will. I know the power of having Christian communication and right now I need that so badly. Thanks!!!
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 11:07:35 AM »

First of all Sister, I want to welcome you to CU Forums. I look forward to fellowshipping  with you and reading more of your posts.

Sister none of us here condemn you, nor are we in a position to judge you, we will however be more than happy to pray with and for you to overcome the habit of smoking. Remember all things can be done by Christ Jesus Who strengthens us, that means not only going to Him in prayer when we feel the urge to smoke, but also to submerge ourselves in His Word daily. The enemy will always try to make you think that you are not worthy because you smoke, that is a lie, he is trying to steal your joy and make you think you are not saved. While it is a sin to smoke, we do have Power in the Blood of Jesus to overcome all habits. Remembering that the body is the temple of The Spirit.

I will be praying for you on this Sister and I know that you can overcome this habit.

Love in Christ,
Maria.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 11:10:39 AM »

AMEN!

Welcome to Christians Unite, UseMeLord. I, too, will be praying for you.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 11:13:35 AM »

Kimberly

Here I was writing my post and I noticed that while I was typing someone else posted....and lo and behold the same words were coming out of Sister Maria's fingers that were coming from mine Wink

I will pray for strength and guidance for you in overcoming the habit.  I know it is a struggle because there is psychological as well as physical issues to overcome.  The physical addiction can be the easy part, either with medical assistance such as patches, pills, or whatever.  It is that psych part that can be more and more difficult.  I had always felt that smoking was not a sin in the eyes of God and it took me a while to break that mentality.  When I finally realized that the Bible defines idols as anything that stands before us and our walk with God.  I would find myself wishing the pastor would hurry up so I could go get a cig...I finally recognized my habit for what it was.

Welcome to the forums and I do hope that fellowship here is helpful and enjoyable.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 08:19:51 AM »

Welcome to the forum.... you have been givengreat advice... all I can say is:

GOD BLESS and AMEN!!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the