Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:06:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286827 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Conspiracy Theory
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Conspiracy Theory  (Read 1274 times)
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2006, 11:51:01 PM »

Philippians 3:17 "Agree together, my friends, to follow my example." [New English Bible]

In Genesis, Lord God said, "Let US make Man in OUR image." God, the Great Conspirator, hatched a plot to make a Man, and then "in the image of God created He them." Then God said, "It is not good for Man to be alone." Man required a suitable helper, to worship with, to work with, to scheme with and, of course, with whom to take over the world. In Eve (Hebrew Havva) the Man found a "deep that re-echoes unto deep;" flesh of his flesh, bone of his bone. What wonderful conspiracies they must have been capable of! What an awesome, joyful conspiracy the first man-child would have been - a plot made in secret, concealed for months; then, suddenly, the secret is exposed, and Adam and Eve gladly plead "guilty" to all conspiracy charges brought against them. Of course the Man and Havva would conspire together; they were conspiracies, fearfully and wonderfully plotted, woven together by the Father of Truth and Good Secrets.
 Man was given the gift of conspiracy from the Conspirator; he has the ability to formulate and discuss plans of action with other creatures like himself, and then they, together, have the ability at least to try to carry out their plans.
Like so many of the Father's gifts, conspiracy can be twisted and polluted until it doesn't look like itself anymore. Angelic hosts conspired together to rebel against Heaven; Ananias and Saphira conspired together to deceive the Holy Spirit over a sum of money. Judas and the priests conspired together to betray the Lord.
But Paul is fond of telling people (as evidenced by Ephesians and other letters) to "do just the opposite" of wrong. Instead of being bitter, be forgiving. Instead of being full of strong drink, be full of the Spirit. Be tender-hearted rather than spiteful; instead of ignorance, choose understanding. We should not angry, deceptive, or rebelious conspirators; our conspiracies should be for the sake of goodness, unity and truth.
Over and over again Paul pleads with his spiritual children to "be of one mind"; to be "like-minded", or "single-minded"; to encourage one another, and to agree with one another, to do what is good. Don't neglect fellowshipping with one another, and be always conspiring with each other towards doing good, little ones. [JUPV* translation] [*Joy's Unauthorized Paraphased Version]
Some good deeds happen right out in the open; but some are concealed for a little while. (1 Tim. 5:25) They happen in secret. Not all secrets are bad; God says that when that Day comes in which all secrets are exposed, some of them will be good, faithful secrets, and will be judged accordingly.
Are we involved in daily conspiracy? What does our conspiracy look like? When the secret ripens and is harvested, will it bear the Spirit's fruit? Are we conspiring with one another to do that which is good? Do we reason together and encourage each other toward kindness and truth? Do our conspiracies promote unity, or schisms? Have a merry plot with a brother or sister to do the will of the Lord.

-Joy

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 12:07:58 AM »

Willow  Grin Grin, wlcome back dear, we have missed you. God sure answers prayer quick, we just were praying for our AWOLS and you were one of them.  Cheesy Cheesy

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 12:13:26 PM »

Willow  Grin Grin, wlcome back dear, we have missed you. God sure answers prayer quick, we just were praying for our AWOLS and you were one of them.  Cheesy Cheesy
  Lips Sealed Oops, I did it this time. Now I'm in trouble.

Kiss

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the