Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:11:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  liberal media
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: liberal media  (Read 3830 times)
forgiven2

Proud to be a Christian

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2005, 08:37:30 AM »

I am a mild tempered person,  but it infuriates me to see the media causing disent among the Ameicans. They are so bent on destroying President Bush, they don't mind losing the war. the media does not show all the good things going on, only the things that damage our president and us.
I'd like for all of them to have to deal with the problems we have and then we could criticize them, but we wouldn't, because we know nobody on earth has all the answers. But whatever they can do to run down President Bush, they will do.
Polls are worded in such a way that if we are truthful, such as are we satisfied with the way the war is going. Of course, no one is satisified, but that is not to say that we are absolutely against it.
the only thing that keeps me going, is that soon Christians will be taken out and then let them find someone to criticize then. If we had a democratic president, they would be supporting them, with the circumstances being the exact same as they are now during the hurricane.

God loves us despite our warts
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 10:14:15 AM »

Welcome to the forum geneswife. I'm glad that you are a mild tempered person.  Wink

I agree with you totally. This is not a time for such political games as finger pointing. Now is the time for action. A major problem has been seen, a problem that has existed for many, many years. It is time for a solution to be made. The only way for a proper solution is for unity in working toward that solution not silly bickering and political games.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 11:36:21 PM »

The liberal media has ‘evolved’.  During WWII the media followed in lock-step with the pro-American war effort – even to the point of printing false headlines to improve state-side AND front-line wartime moral – which greatly improved the overall war effort – which ended the war sooner.  

During Korea there were some skips in the lock-step.  

By Vietnam, the media began to “express” their reporting from more of a world-view stance rather than an American-view stance.  The young media hopefuls were then completely engulfed by the left in the form of anti-American, pro-worldview professors who programmed them as to what to report, how to report it and when to report it as it pertains to the current “world-view” in their superior opinion.  

The results are quite obvious today:  In the name of “neutrality” the “American” news media is equally sympathetic (world-view requires that) to the “insurgency” as they are to those representing the freedoms of you and me.

If I may cut the chase – the media is an unknowing pawn in Satan’s quest for world rule.  The media is a key player – maybe even THE key player – in seeing that the prophecies in Revelation are fulfilled.  The media has the power to make or break a persona with a one second worldwide newsflash.  Lucifer is aware of the implications…

Of course – all this is just my sometimes humble opinion…

JudgeNot

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 11:54:52 PM »

I must agree that the media played a very large part in the turnout of Viet Nam but I cannot say that they were the only problem. The media giving the spotlight to the anti-war crowd, boosting them up, egging them on was in fact a major factor.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
forgiven2

Proud to be a Christian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 04:10:42 PM »

And the media is giving the terrorists all the ammunition they need to discourage Americans in the war effort. The terrorists have to be taking some of the pictures of the bombings, maybe all, that are put on our televisions.
I sent Dan Rather an email telling him he might as well go report for aljazerra, as he was giving them the positive press and he was a traitor to our troops.
If we all pulled together, we could win. When our tv shows all the antiwar movements, it gives the terrorists more courage.
I agree, I think the media will play the major part in the coming of the  antichrist, and personally, even though we haven't seen him show himself yet, I think he's on this earth among us. Almost all prophecy has been fulfilled.

Florida_Catholic

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 08:55:46 PM »

The liberal bias in the media is a myth used by conservatives as a part of political games.  The conservative shock jocks dominate the radio and there is an entire news network dedicated to conservative propaganda.  The mainstream networks have stories biased one way or another, but even here on average the advantage is with the conservatives.  For example, so many Americans who watched the news fell into the trap of believing that Iraq was responsible for the attacks of September 11th . . . which, in case you didn't know, is totally false.  Instead of debunking these sort of political lies, the media allowed this to go on.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 09:55:39 PM »

For example, the police in London murdering that Brazilian
Phil - I don't approve of your judging them murderers.  In war, innocent people die unintentionally.  Unless of course the killing is done by an "insurgent" who is purposely targeting the innocent.  That's murder.  Your little jab puts the London police on the same – or lower – level than the murdering terrorist who started this whole thing.  That is paramount to failing to discern the difference in good and evil - sorta like liberals who view evil as 'just another lifestyle'.

The liberal bias in the media is a myth used by conservatives as a part of political games.
Lips Sealed  Lips Sealed  Lips Sealed  Lips Sealed

For example, so many Americans who watched the news fell into the trap of believing that Iraq was responsible for the attacks of September 11th . . .
 Lips Sealed  Lips Sealed  Lips Sealed  Please show me - from any main media outlet – an actual news story that states or even implies the statement “Iraq was responsible for the attacks of September 11th” - and please give me the statement in context.  

Between you and me, FC – I think You've had over exposure to Michael Moore.  Careful there, partner - that's just like over exposure to saltwater - eventually your skin gets so slimy it slides right off your body...  

EEEwwwwweee!  Now THERE'S a mental picture... Grin (I just thought a 'gentle' warning of the hazards of "left-thought" was in order.)  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

God bless all,
JN

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 10:19:08 PM »

And the media is giving the terrorists all the ammunition they need to discourage Americans in the war effort. The terrorists have to be taking some of the pictures of the bombings, maybe all, that are put on our televisions.
I sent Dan Rather an email telling him he might as well go report for aljazerra, as he was giving them the positive press and he was a traitor to our troops.
If we all pulled together, we could win. When our tv shows all the antiwar movements, it gives the terrorists more courage.
I agree, I think the media will play the major part in the coming of the  antichrist, and personally, even though we haven't seen him show himself yet, I think he's on this earth among us. Almost all prophecy has been fulfilled.

Hello GenesWife,

First, please let me welcome you to Christians Unite. I sincerely hope that you enjoy it here. I'm looking forward to reading your posts and having fellowship with you.

Second, I enjoy and agree with your posts. I do believe that we are either seeing a preview of the end of this age or it is unfolding before our eyes right now. I really don't know obviously, but I do know that I'm happy my entire family and I belong to JESUS. I would be very happy if JESUS came for us tonight.

By the way, I'm a proud Navy dad. My son did a tour in the Gulf, and he believed firmly that he was preserving safety and freedom for innocents at home. Further, the liberation of the Iraqi people made him very happy. I thank our men and women serving in the Armed Services from the bottom of my heart, and I pray for them every day.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Timothy 4:4-6 NASB  For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude; for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer. In pointing out these things to the brethren, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, constantly nourished on the words of the faith and of the sound doctrine which you have been following.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 10:22:35 PM »

Florida

The liberal bias in the media is a myth used by conservatives as a part of political games.

The liberal media is far from being a myth. That would be like saying no media sources had any political agendas which you yourself admitted to be a fact when you said the radio waves were dominated by conservatives.

If I remember right it was the liberal media that started the rumor about 9/11 being connected to Iraq then later using it against the conservatives.

It is the liberal media that has caused a lot of discension against the Military just as they did during Viet Nam.

Phil,

The death of that Brazilian was indeed unfortunate but your prejudice against law enforcement is clouding your vision here. It was an unfortunate and very sad incident and nothing more.

Florida_Catholic

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2005, 10:50:10 PM »

http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/Iraq/Media_10_02_03_Report.pdf

At the above link you can find the study that talks about the misconceptions I was referring to.  The media's responsibility is to inform the public . . . essential to a functioning democracy.  If you're not well informed, how can you possibly make a sound decision when you vote?  But, again I don't think the mainstream media does it intentionally . . . that's why it's a bias and not outright propaganda like you'll find from FNC and Rush Limbaugh and the like, the media allows people to believe these false facts thinking that a story debunking this would be "unpatriotic".  Allowing the conservative agenda to make war to be propagated among those who would otherwise be against the war.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2005, 11:16:52 PM »

My question was:
Please show me - from any main media outlet – an actual news story that states or even implies the statement “Iraq was responsible for the attacks of September 11th” - and please give me the statement in context.

You answered by posting long PDF file with a list of alleged poll questions/answers.  My request was plain: "and please give me the statement in context".  That is something you are obviously unable to do.

Typical liberal.  You can’t answer a direct and simple request with direct results.  My suggestion is that you historically, mentally, factually and prayerfully prepare yourself before you make such a claim as the media said "Iraq was responsible for the attacks of September 11th . . ."

Bye-bye!  I won’t waste my time sparring.  Say hi to Michael.

PS - you asked:
If you're not well informed, how can you possibly make a sound decision when you vote?
You tell us.  You're the expert there.

JPD
forgiven2

Proud to be a Christian

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2005, 11:32:01 PM »

I used to believe everything I heard on the news. It didn't use to be so slanted as it is now. Its just that since Viet Nam that is has gotten so bad.
We are so spoiled. We take everything for granted. I used to, until 9-11. I was unaware of the the hate the Islamists had for us and fail to see why they should come over and attack us.
If anyone goes to www.persecution.com, you will see that many more governments are persecuting other religions, such as China, who requires churches to register with the goverment, and then arrest the pastors.
I usually watch NBC, but am thinking of switching. We only have antenna tv. We live in a remote area, but can get around 10 stations with antenna boosters. that keeps Gene's hands busy switching between them. Grin So we get only the major stations, not any of the news stations. I started noticing Katie Couric change her method of "interviewing". She will make a statement and then say, "right?" to whomever she is talking to, instead of letting them talk. And the way they phrase everything is in a way that it will reflect negatively on our president. Roll Eyes
I never thought that we should invade Iraq, but am sticking with them thru thick and thin. I have sent several packages to people I don't know. And if they had WMD, they had lots of time to hide them. Gene, who is a minister, read something in the Bible that made him believe that they are buried in the desert. I dont remember where it was, but Iraqi weapons were found in Syria, and the goverment told them to get them out. They were aiming to use them on Jordan.
It was on the last page of the local newspaper a yr or so ago.
But we are ready to join Jesus. All of our grandchildren have been saved and baptised, except the ones who are not old enough yet. And we praise Him every day.
Freedom is not free and those who think we should analyze our enemy and figure out what we've done wrong will realize that one day. Freedom is worth fighting for. I think most people who have been born after 1960, the yr my son was born, have no idea what it is to be under oppression, or what has been necessary to keep our country free. Some of the cowards in the 50's had the saying, "better red than dead''.  I would gladly give my life for my country and its freedoms.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2005, 11:33:05 PM »

Grin

JudgeNot,

« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 11:36:08 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2005, 12:57:38 AM »

"better red than dead''

I remember that saying quite clearly as if it were just yesterday. I always thought that if you were red you may as well be dead. My family went through a lot of oppression, they remember it well. That is why they came to America in the first place. They cherished the freedoms that they gained here and were sure to instill that gratitude in us, their children.

"Freedom Isn't Free" This is a lesson that we have learned through the Bible also. All through the Bible we see where people had to make sacrifices of one nature or another for their freedoms. The most important of them all is the sacrifice that Jesus Christ gave so that we all could be free from the death that sin brings upon us.

Too many people are willing to give up these freedoms for what they deem to be security when it actualality they are giving up the very thing they deem so important to them  .....  security, safety from death.

Many people complained about the unnecessary deaths of the Viet Nam war. Most do not realise that there were more people killed after the war in Viet Nam was over than there were during the entire time of war. And all of those deaths were in the name of so called peace.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2005, 01:21:48 AM »

For example, the police in London murdering that Brazilian
Phil - I don't approve of your judging them murderers.

I didn't start calling them murderers until after it came to light that Scotland Yard lied about the facts of the shooting. That's something CRIMINALS do, lie to cover their tracks.

Thus, it was murder, not an "unfortunate incident".

Those officers were terrified because of the situation during that time in London. That does not excuse them for what they did to that poor guy.
There was lying. When I first heard what had happened, I was sure we were going to find out the guy was a terrorist.
Then, all the lies came to he forefront.

I wouldn't call it out and out murder, but I would have to charge those cops with manslaughter. The guy was not running, he did not refuse orders to stop, because he was not running. He did not have a large puffy coat on.
He was sitting in a subway car seat, he was tackled and held down, then one of the cops shot him several times in the head. That's hardly an accident.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the