Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 09:58:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286843 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Christ hates certain things
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christ hates certain things  (Read 1785 times)
Sower

Romans 8:31-39

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2004, 03:24:21 AM »

We should strive to maintain the balance that Christ maintains in all His relationships. Regarding the Son, God the Father speaks approvingly: "Thou hast loved righteousness and HATED INIQUITY, therefore God, even thy God hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows" (Heb. 1:9).

The Lord Jesus Christ loves us with a love that cannot be measured.  He loves all sinners. At the same time CHRIST HATES INIQUITY. That's because He is absolute holiness and righteousness.  He expects us to do the same.  We live in a day when iniquity abounds, and we cannot stand by without speaking out. That too is sin.

What is iniquity? Lawlessness, wickedness, unrighteousness, transgression of the Law. God hates all that is evil.

That is why the Lord Jesus Christ said: "But this thou hast [O church of Ephesus], THAT THOU HATEST THE DEEDS OF THE OF THE NICOLAITANES, WHICH I ALSO HATE... So hast thou [O church of Pergamos] them that hold THE DOCTRINE OF THE NICOLAITANES, WHICH THING I HATE" (Rev. 2:6,15).

Both the DEEDS and the DOCTRINES of the Nicolaitanes were extremely offensive to Christ.  He hated them with a holy hatred. Today we are afraid to say that Christians should LOVE righteousness but HATE iniquity. We are also afraid to point out false doctrine and false practice for fear of being labelled "unloving".  

But Christ commended those who hated sin, and Jude teaches us that there is a time and a place for hatred: "And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; HATING EVEN THE GARMENT SPOTTED [defiled] BY THE FLESH" (Jude 23). We must therefore love the sinner, but hate the sin.

Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Timothy 1:2
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 08:47:40 AM »

True. He does hates these things. But since he is the way, the truth, and the life, the only way we can "get rid" of these iniquities is to ask for forgiveness from Him. That forgiveness then replaces our desire to sin. Is is His love that solves the sin problem. It can't be done from an act of the will, otherwise, we wouldn't need Christ.
darby

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 10:55:50 AM »

If you don't hate evil, then you are not on the same page as Christ.  (mathematically, two negatives can make a positive; hating Angry hate  Angry(evil) = good Smiley)

One thing that comes to mind is when Jesus entered the temple and saw the money changers turning God's house into a market, Jesus (probably not very happy with what he saw) put down his foot, and turned over the tables, and drove the money changers out with a whip.  Now that is what you call "tough love".  
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 07:04:59 PM »

If you don't hate evil, then you are not on the same page as Christ.  (mathematically, two negatives can make a positive; hating Angry hate  Angry(evil) = good Smiley)
That assumes you are multiplying, not adding. If you add two negatives you get another negative.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 10:07:39 PM »

Brother Sower,

AAAAAMMMMEEEENNNNN!!!!![/i][/u]  It's very interesting when you study the things that God does hate.  It changes your understanding of Him, and widens your view of His grandeur.  He is awesome!

Great post bro.   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
darby

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2004, 10:48:40 AM »

I just assumed that it was understood that it was a multiplication.  It doesn't even really matter that much anyway.  
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2004, 07:10:45 PM »

I just assumed that it was understood that it was a multiplication.  It doesn't even really matter that much anyway.  
You don't think I might have been making a bigger point, beyond just correcting your maths (tempting though that is)?

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the