Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:20:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286820 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Book of Jude
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Book of Jude  (Read 1465 times)
Tundra

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2006, 01:39:58 PM »

Can anyone tell me about the book of Jude or more about Jude? I think i understand the overall meaning but when did he convert and when did he write etc.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 02:03:05 PM »

Jude the brother of James, Jude was also the half brother of Jesus (Matt. 13:55, Luk 6:16, John 14:22, Gal 1:19).  It is believed the Book of Jude was written somewhere between 60 and 80 AD. We see him as one of the original 12 disciples:

Luk 6:13  And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles;
Luk 6:14  Simon, (whom he also named Peter,) and Andrew his brother, James and John, Philip and Bartholomew,
Luk 6:15  Matthew and Thomas, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon called Zelotes,
Luk 6:16  And Judas the brother of James, and Judas Iscariot, which also was the traitor.

What if anything else do you have questions on?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
lightsavour

coo coo caw

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 05:08:31 PM »

I have often had discussion with my Father about the book of Jude as to whom it was written to. Of course the lessons in it are for all of us, but it says "there should be mockers in the last time" in my opinion this refers to the day of grace, but if my memory serves me correct my father believes it means for during the tribulation.

anyways as I see it the verses are all dealing with false prophets. But it is dealing with the opposite of being a true disciple, of which there are many forms.
"these be they who separate themselves sensual, having not the spirit."

The cause of these men is to seduce others with the deadliest darkness there is, the actual message of Satan, that man is ok on his own, and can prove it by preaching passion/pleasure of life without Jesus. They are very much the darkest people alive in our world today(is how I see it.) They are worse then the vain religions of JW, or mormons (even though these things are evil too.) They represent the evil force that is gathering against God himself, and they do so by the message of the anti-christ, which is a false message of peace. I would suggest that alot of actors, politicians, rich/influential people are represented in these words. I am not condemning art/politics/money, but the next verse seems very clear to me..... (thougth I could still be wrong)

verse 23 "And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment spotted with the flesh."

This is interpreted differently by different people, but "the garment spotted with the flesh" means the appearance of morality to me. If I am correct in this, then it should not be so hard to see how we are surrounded with these people, even though we think we aren't. We watch the news, movies and listen to music, and make money deals and feast (enjoy life) in all sorts of places that are inhabited by people whose soul purpose is to destroy the bible from within. They are not within, but by eleoquent vanity they use word trickery and get into our circles, or our homes, and unless we are very aware we often dont realize evil is right beside us.

Jude presents the "end times" to us in a way that is like a Captain passing on the orders he has been given, so that we can own them for ourselves. If we own the order, then we see it is our responsibility to not allow these evil travellers to slip by undetected, and with a heart of deep compassion our awareness will wake many of theyre slaves up, and with a forthright fear of the Lord we can even be used to halt these evil ones on theyre paths.

Thats what I've seen anyways. I'd like to hear other ideas as well, Jude has always been a very interesting book to me, like a stab of light just before revelations shows the sure end to meet any who are still lost.

God bless
lights out

Proverbs 18:1 "Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom."
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 06:35:24 PM »

We are told right in the first verse who Jude was writing to ......

"to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:"

Yes, it was to a specific group, perhaps a church. We are not given a single clue on this.

As for whether your father is right or you are right have you taken into consideration that perhaps you both are?

1Jo 2:18  Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

In Jude verse 4 he is telling of those ungodly men that were entering into the churches even then. Then later in verse 14 and 15 he is talking of the second coming of the Lord with the saints, executing "judgement upon all" and in verse 18 calling it the last times just as it was used in 1 Jo 2:18.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Tundra

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 02:24:05 PM »

Ok (again bare with me im very new) when we were studying this in my Christian Union they said that the book of Jude wasn't so much about say actors or famous people (or whatever the equivalent would be in old times) but about the Church leaders themselves and how we should never ask other people for advice or how to live but that we should always look to the Bible to see how to live. I do agree though that a lot of people live in  a way that goes against the Book and G and try to encourage others to join them in this lifestyle.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 02:45:01 PM »

This letter may have been directed specifically toward the leaders of the church but it is also good advice for all followers of Jesus Christ. Even if we do go to others for their viewpoint on the Biblical teachings we should go to the Bible to insure that we are being led in the right direction.

dan p

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 07:45:44 PM »

Looking at verse 3 ; for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints, v4 denying the Lord God, v5 saved out of Egypt, v9 Micheal the arcangel ( who stands for Israel )  v11 they have gone the way of Cain and ran after Balaam, v114  quoting Enoch , the Lord coming with 10 thousand of his saints ( when is that , the second coming )  v17 these words which were spoken  Before the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ. v18 mockers , think of 2PETER 3 :4 SAYING ; where is the promise of his coming. So I am saying that doesn't have anything to do with the Body of Christ , but will be studied during the Tribulation and is a New Covenant book.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the