Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 11:19:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286815 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Grammyluv here!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grammyluv here!  (Read 38223 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: August 13, 2009, 02:55:14 PM »

Just wanted to let all know that it may be a week or two before I can spend some real time on here.  As you know I'm in the midst of moving again.  I'm doing a lot of packing and cleaning and hope to move a week from today.  Then I'll have to get internet service after I'm in the new place.  I'm really looking forward to having my own little (studio this time) sanctuary again!  It is only one block from work so easy commute and very easy on gas!
Matias starts Kindergarten in a couple of weeks and it will be harder to see him on a regular basis as I have since he was born, since I work weekends.  Pray that God will make a way for this.
Love you all!  Keep praying for each other and the state of affairs going on around us.
Grammyluv

Hello Grammyluv,

You and your family will definitely remain in my prayers. You love God, so I'm confident that God will work everything out for good.

Romans 8:28 ASV  And we know that to them that love God all things work together for good, even to them that are called according to his purpose.

We'll miss you. Please be careful in the move not to hurt yourself. In other words, get some help with the heavy stuff and remember that bowling balls dropped on your feet will hurt.  If you don't have a bowling ball, get one.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 13, 2009, 08:38:24 PM »

Hello Grammyluv,

You and your family will definitely remain in my prayers. You love God, so I'm confident that God will work everything out for good.

Romans 8:28 ASV  And we know that to them that love God all things work together for good, even to them that are called according to his purpose.

We'll miss you. Please be careful in the move not to hurt yourself. In other words, get some help with the heavy stuff and remember that bowling balls dropped on your feet will hurt.  If you don't have a bowling ball, get one.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

I also plan to keep both feet on the ground and not climb anymore ladders! (no more broken ankles!)

Let us fight the good fight!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 29, 2009, 01:32:36 PM »

Alrighty then!  I'm back!  It's only been a week but it sure seems longer!  Boy have I missed it here!  I'm all moved in and I love it.  It's only a studio, but it's a pretty good size and the way I have it fixed up, it feels like I'm living in a cabin!  Very cozy.  I have everything I need here and I'm hoping to go through my storage unit and get ride of a bunch of stuff and then maybe I can let it go and save even more money.
I'm only two blocks from work and could walk it, but since I get off late at night I go ahead and drive so no one can follow me.
Well, let me cruise and see what I've been missing!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 29, 2009, 02:12:27 PM »

It's great to see you back sister.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 29, 2009, 09:56:35 PM »

YEAH!

It is nice to have you back. We missed you. I'm happy to hear that things are working out so well. My wife and I have been just about as displaced as you have for the last week or more with remodeling and repairs being done on our home. We're just now getting settled back in, so we're in the same boat as you are. We are really looking forward to having most of the work done and having some privacy for a change, but most of the workers have been very nice. By the way, two of the workers were our children and they worked very hard for about 4 days. That was definitely a labor of love that we deeply appreciated.

Love In Christ,
Tom

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 30, 2009, 12:50:24 PM »

Oh that's right!  I remember you told me in an email that you were having that done!  So what did you have done anyway?  My folks have remodled their home a time or two and just this past week had new windows put in.  It drives my mom nuts while things are torn apart but then it gives her a chance to deep clean everything.  But my mom is the type that does that anyway.  And darn it, she gave me the same disease!  I have to have order to everything, everything in it's place and put back in it's place and CLEAN!  Probably why this government is bugging me so much...it's just plain DIRTY!   Grin Grin Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 30, 2009, 03:31:24 PM »

The biggest jobs are having the bathrooms completely redone and repairs to plumbing. The rest was cosmetic (i.e. carpet, flooring in the kitchen and dining room, removal of wall-paper, re-texturing, lots of painting, ceiling fans, and lots of small repairs). These are things that we really needed to do for years. Our kids helped us a lot with things that they could do or we wouldn't have been able to afford it. We also got a lot of the materials and labor on sale from Lowe's. Now is a great time to do things like this because of the poor economy and home improvement stores trying to stay in business. We haven't done windows yet, but we're thinking about that right now. Exterior doors still have to be done, and things like this pay for themselves pretty quickly with energy saving. This is especially true for the windows. They might even have tax credits for some things that save energy. Regardless, you either pay for it in electricity or get energy-efficient windows and doors. It's surprising how much you can save by just re-caulking around windows and doors. It isn't smart to heat and cool the outdoors.   Grin

Regarding the current government, YES - it's dirty, corrupt, and chaotic. It definitely needs to be replaced. Repair is not an option.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 06, 2009, 11:10:24 AM »

Whew!  My computer crashed yesterday and wouldn't even come on!  Panic!  Not only are all my friends on here but I also need it to look for work!  Well the director of the women's mission had said if there was anything that I needed to ask.  Hard to do, but I took her up on it.  I called and asked for a computer, knowing that they have a surplus.  And she gave me one!  PC, Keyboard and all!  I have to give her credit for that.  But I also give glory to God in the first place.
I am thankful.
I also have an interview at noon today with Safeway grocery store.  Please pray for this.  I really need to get back to work.  I have been off for almost a month.
Love to all,
Grammy

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 06, 2009, 11:24:23 AM »

Hello Sister Yvette,

I will definitely continue to pray for you every day. I know in my heart that God will lead you in the right path.

I'm sorry to hear about your computer. I have better backups than ever before, but it's still a pain to have to set everything up again. Now I have nearly everything backed up on DVD. It's strange that my wife's laptop refused to turn on just this week. We took it to the shop and they said it would be a couple of days. They called us back the next day and said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. They pushed the same on button that we pushed and it turned right on the first time. So, maybe we were in the Twilight Zone.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the