Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:13:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How do you feel when you think of Christ on the Cross?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How do you feel when you think of Christ on the Cross?  (Read 1664 times)
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« on: August 06, 2003, 02:55:45 AM »

I personally end up crying myself.  It makes me feel so horrible and to know the very people that abused him so harshly are the same ones He died for.  If the love of God doesn't come through to you after that then really, it seems quite obvious you have a heart of stone.

I'm not totally sure about Mr. Gibsons new movie "The Passion" but the little preview of it here is what makes me post the thought.  I think the vivd picture it paints is good for both Christians and unsaved alike.

The sad thing is, I know most people will still think nothing of it or not be moved for longer than it takes to drive home after seeing it.

Oh dear heavenly Father, I pray that people will see the suffering of your only begotten Son and know your love for us.  That people might realize the seriousness of sin and the consequences there of.  So harsh was and is the punishment, I can not truly phathom the depths of the Saviours angony, and I thank you LORD that you would save a wretched soul such as me.  I pray dear LORD, that many more will come to a saving grace, in Jesus most precious name, AMEN.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2003, 06:46:28 AM by Saved_4ever » Logged

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 05:47:25 AM »

I personally end up crying myself.  It makes me feel so horrible and to know the very people that abused him so harshly are the same ones He died for.  If the love of God doesn't come through to you after that then really, it seems quite obvious you have a heart of stone.

I'm not totally sure about Mr. Gibsons new movie "The Passion" but the little preview of it here is what makes me post the thought.  I think the vivd picture it paints is good for both Christians and unsaved alike.

The sad thing is, I know most people will still think nothing of it or not be moved for longer than it takes to drive home after seeing it.

Oh dear heavenly Father, I pray that people will see the suffering of your only begotten Son and know your love for us.  That people might realize the seriousness of sin and the consequences there of.  So harsh was and is the punishment, I can not truly phathom the depths of the Saviours angony, and I thank you LORD that you would save a wretched soul such as me.  I pray dear LORD, that many more will come to a saving grace, in Jesus must precious name, AMEN.

And AMEN!!!

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 06:01:09 AM »

Author unknown

THE CROSS

The cross, truly a mystery. Who was it that hung upon that cruel cross on golgotha nearly 2,000 years ago, and what was it that was accomplished?

Accomplished? There were many crucified by the Romans before Jesus of Nazareth, and the only thing those crucifixions accomplished was the brutal, torturous death of yet another miserable sinner.

So why was this crucifixion different? What qualifies this particular crucifixion as a mystery?

Well, it is a mystery because this particular casualty not only did nothing to deserve such a horrible execution, He had no sin whatsoever. He was made in the likeness of sinful flesh, yet without sin (Romans 8:3 & Hebrews 4:15). He was truly a spotless lamb. Indeed, He was THE one and only spotless Lamb.

This crucifixion marks the greatest single event in human history. God the Son going voluntarily to the cross to bear all of mankind's sins upon Himself: a great sin offering for all of humanity, once for all
"And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified" (Hebrews 10:11-14).

At the cross of Calvary, the grace of God far eclipsed the sin of man.

What does all of this mean to us? The Bible says that all of us have sinned, and are continually falling short of the glory of God. That's the bad news. The good news is that God is declaring wrong people right because He is completely satisfied with Christ's sacrificial death on the cross. This Godly righteousness becomes ours through faith, and faith alone, the moment we accept Christ's death as our own. Won't you accept Christ's death as your's right now?

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved." Acts 16:31

Posted By Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 01:28:14 PM »

Thankful.
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2003, 12:55:23 AM »

It's good to see no thinks about it at all.

faithful one

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2003, 08:50:25 PM »

The Cross a sign of divine love.                   Christ                   Redeemer                 Omnipotent               Saviour                  Sanctifier
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2003, 08:00:42 AM »

Humbled.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
underground

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2003, 01:47:03 PM »

indifferent.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2003, 05:11:45 PM »

Yep--thankful pretty much says it for me!  Thank you, Jesus!  May I always honor Him.

Therefore, according to Colossians and Ephesians, we are therefore "hid" in Him, above all powers here, above all authorities.

So what He did for me is wonderful.

But just seeing it in a movie--movies have just inurred us.  Gibson's movie may even serve to bring about more violence against Christians.  It may be interpreted as "bloodthirsty" and may in fact become a rallying call, since, as I understand it, it's aim is to depict the utter violence done to Jesus.  

As Christians I think our ultimate focus always should be on the victory, through that torment.

I'm not sure if Gibson's movie refers to victory.  I think it is typically Catholic to depict only the extreme suffering(which, of course, IS definitely part of it...).
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2003, 05:12:21 AM »

Thankful

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
LdyBluEyez79

Luke 1:79

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2003, 11:46:52 AM »

Well-to think of how the people who were so quick to change their minds makes me sad (a worldly, short-timer, human attitude).  

The fact that The Lord God of All sent down His Son to show us the closest way to be pure and God-like: honored, humbled and thankful.  

When I empathize/imagine how it would be on the cross at that moment when Christ Jesus let the soul go: like I am falling (free) but The Lord's got me in His hand and is ready to catch me at any moment.

There, but for the grace of God, go I.   Smiley
Terri

I'm a Christian

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2003, 01:20:05 PM »

I would have to say I am very grateful. It's show me how much our God loves us. To send his only son to die for our sins.

Also shows me what a great servant Jesus was to God. Jesus knew he was going to die, and he obeyed Gods will. He also prayed for the people as they were killing him. What awesome love!!!!!!

We could never find that kind of love here on earth. Only God is able to love us that much. We as Christians can let our love for God and our light that he gives us shine. We can obey his commandments, and do our best not to sin. Since our sin is the reason Jesus died.

God Bless you all
                Terri

The Lord is my strength, my hope, and my happiness!!!!
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2003, 01:52:18 PM »

Hi, Terri!  Welcome back...
Terri

I'm a Christian

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2003, 10:08:22 AM »

HI Symphony,

Thanks for the welcome!!!!
          Luv Terri

The Lord is my strength, my hope, and my happiness!!!!
timmy

Original King James Version of Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2003, 10:33:43 PM »

The consequences of sin is death, that is what makes us mortal human beings, the only thing that makes a difference in this life on earth, first and foremost is whether or not we are saved and last but not least is whether we have been a good witness for our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, or not.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the