Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 06:10:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286820 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  No Doctrinal Changes???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Doctrinal Changes???  (Read 1102 times)
AVBunyan
« on: April 22, 2005, 07:17:18 AM »

God is very particular about what words he uses when it comes to relating truth to the believer today. Even two letters could make the difference between heaven and hell. Observe how important this is when it comes to the sinner being justified before God. What does the scriptures say about this? Look at the following verse regarding justification.

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

This verse declares that man is justified by the faith of Jesus Christ. This says that it is Jesus’ faith that justifies not mans’. We also find that the faith is a free gift according to:

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

So, the faith that we get is Jesus’ faith and it comes as a free gift. It is not just that salvation is a free gift we must remember that the faith that justifies is not even ours.

Why is this important? Today the doctrine of justification and salvation is confused. You ask people this question, “What saved you?” A typical answer is, “My faith in Jesus Christ and what he did at Calvary.” Sounds good but it is wrong. (Now I know what the person probably means and I would not question his testimony based upon that phrase at that moment – I am more understanding than that!) Your faith had nothing to do with your justification. You were justified by the faith of Jesus Christ not your faith. It was Jesus’ faith that took him to Calvary – It was Jesus’ faith that led him to stay on the cross and give up his life for the sinner. God was pleased with Jesus’ faith so God justified the saint on the basis of the faith of Jesus Christ – not ours.

Let’s analyze – if a person says it was his faith in Christ that justifies then he would trust himself and his faith for justification.

Now, let’s bring it on home

Every new translation on the market changes the “of” to “in” wherever the “faith of Jesus Christ” or “faith of” shows up in regards to salvation or the work of Christ. Don’t take my word for it – check it out! You say I am splitting hairs – not so brethren! If you substitute “in” for “of” you have your faith justifying which is doctrinally wrong. Your faith couldn’t save a dead horse but Jesus’ faith could. A subtle change but it does affect sound doctrine regarding a very import doctrine – salvation. One final thought on this - not only are you justified by His faith you also live by His faith (Gal. 2:20)!!!

Let’s wrap it up. Two reasons I brought this out:

1. When you realize that it was not your faith but Jesus’ faith this should give you assurance of both your salvation and your security in your salvation. No more do you have to doubt your salvation because you didn’t have enough faith to believe for your faith had nothing to do with your justification. One would think that Jesus’ faith was good enough for the work of justification.

2. For those who think the newer translations don’t change words that affect doctrine I just showed you one instance where two letter words could make a difference between you going to heaven or going to hell. For if a man trusts his “great” faith to get him to heaven then he missed justification.

Again, I wouldn’t bring this up to those who can only take milk but for those of you who like meat then I trust you would get a blessing from this simple, but important truth if you have not been shown this before. I did not find this truth – it was shown to me and it excited me.

God bless
BigD
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 08:30:16 AM »

From "A VERSE BY VERSE STUDY OF GALATIANS BASED UPON THE GREEK NEW TESTAMENT. by Dr. Ernest R. Campbell.

(Words written in the Greek language will be deleated. () will inicated where the Greek works were delelated.)

"Galatians 2:16 "knowing that a man is not justified out of the works of the Law except through the faithfulness of Jesus Christ and we believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified out of the faithfulness of Christ and not out of the works of the law, because out of the works of the law no flesh shall be justified."

Both Paul and Peter clearly knew that the works of the Law could not justify a man (cf. Acts 15:9, 11). The inability of the Law sto justify was doe to the weakness of man's flesh (Rom. 8:3). The only way a man can be justified is through the faithfulness of Jesus Christ (cf. Gal. 3:22, Eph. 3:12).      

The word "faithfulness () used here is the genitive of () and it may be translated either faith or faithfulness, depending upon its use in the context. This is most logical since the basic meaning of faith[/b] () is really inseparable from faithfulness[/b]. The person who had faith[/b] () whould be faithful. For a person to say that he had faith[/b] and then fail to faithfully carry out what was entailed in "faith" (), showed that his confession was false.    

Thus we see that "faith" as it used in the Greek New Testament, implied faithfullness[/b]. True "faith" () results in faithfulness. In view of this fact we naturally expect the word ("") to be translated faithfulness in many New Testament passages (cf. Acts 17:31; Rom. 3:3; Gal. 3:22; Eph. 3:12; Col. 2:12; 1Tim. 4:12; 6:11; 2 Tim. 2:22; 3:10: Titus 2:10: Philem.5).

This passage is literally saying that the only way for a man to be justified is "through" () the agency of the faithfulness of Jesus Christ. The basis for righteousness under the Mosaic Law was to have perfectly kept the Law[/b] (Rom. 10:5; Gal. 3:12); whereas the basis for righteousness in this church age is the faithfulness of Jesus Christ.[/b] He is the embodiment kof the righteousness of God, and the One who is the end of the Law unto righteousness to every one believing (Rom. 10:3-4).

(SNIP)
God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 08:31:32 AM by BigD » Logged
Bronzesnake
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 10:08:24 AM »

Jesus battled the Pharisees on a daily basis for their stickling of the written word. You don't have to keep on starting new threads my friend, when you're saying the same things over and over again.

It's not the Bible that will save you my brother, it is Jesus Christ. In your world, nobody except those who read the KJV will be saved. That is pure doctrinal change.

People who have never laid eyes on any Bible are saved, because they have Jesus in their hearts. Paper and ink will not save you - only Jesus can do that.

Bronzesnake
AVBunyan
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 12:49:49 PM »

Jesus battled the Pharisees on a daily basis for their stickling of the written word. You don't have to keep on starting new threads my friend, when you're saying the same things over and over again.

It's not the Bible that will save you my brother, it is Jesus Christ. In your world, nobody except those who read the KJV will be saved. That is pure doctrinal change.

Bronzesnake
I get the message - I will honor your request and start no more threads on this subject.

Also - I do understand the written paper does not save - I think my post said that one is justified by the faith of Christ.  But I  also believe that God speaks to saints through his written words So that is why I make such an issue of making sure one has His written words.

God bless
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 12:50:23 PM by AVBunyan » Logged
Bronzesnake
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 01:53:41 PM »

Bronzesnake
I get the message - I will honor your request and start no more threads on this subject.

Also - I do understand the written paper does not save - I think my post said that one is justified by the faith of Christ.  But I  also believe that God speaks to saints through his written words So that is why I make such an issue of making sure one has His written words.

God bless

Please don't misunderstand me my friend. Your posts are all civil and credible. It's easier to respond to the same topic in one place as opposed to being spread out.

Bronzesnake
AVBunyan
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 03:24:48 PM »

Please don't misunderstand me my friend. Your posts are all civil and credible. It's easier to respond to the same topic in one place as opposed to being spread out.

Bronzesnake
You are absolutely right - every forum is different.  Please do what you feel is best for the forum and I will respect your descision.

God bless
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the