Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:51:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286820 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Salvation: The single most important issue
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Salvation: The single most important issue  (Read 1202 times)
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2004, 01:36:23 PM »

Jesus said, "You MUST be born again." He died for the sins of all mankind, bestows His righteousness, and offers eternal life as a free gift to whosoever will. (John 3:16; 5:24, 1 Cor 5:17-21, Eph 2:8-10)

Ther gospel is so simple that even a little child can understand it. It is the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (1 Cor 15:1-10) Scripture declares what the components of salvation are.

Any religion, denomination, or group including protestanrtor catholic, that proclaims otherwise is either ignorant, caught in the snare of satan, or satanic angels of light proclaiming ANOTHER gospel that is cursed.

It is too important  when eternity hangs in the balance.

aw
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 05:24:45 PM »

To elaborate, the spirit inside us is what gives us a personal relationship with Christ. 1John 4:2, "This is how you can recognize the spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God." 1John, 4:13, "we know that we live in him and he in us because he has given us his spirit."
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 06:46:05 PM »

Aw Said:

Jesus said, "You MUST be born again." He died for the sins of all mankind, bestows His righteousness, and offers eternal life as a free gift to whosoever will. (John 3:16; 5:24, 1 Cor 5:17-21, Eph 2:8-10)

Their gospel is so simple that even a little child can understand it. It is the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (1 Cor 15:1-10) Scripture declares what the components of salvation are.

AMEN Brother AW!

YES!, even a child can understand and accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour. In fact, Jesus proclaims a particular softness about little children. A doctorate and understanding of thousands of complex issues is not an aid to salvation, rather it appears to be a hindrance. Jesus wants us to come to him as a child with simple, childlike faith.

The portions of this thread that got off topic and created debate have been moved to "Salvific Or Not?" in the Debate area.

Love In Christ,
Tom

ya-son

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 12:59:43 AM »

I find it amazing how many people don't believe simply because it is too simple and they think there is some "Code" to crack.

Yeshua said he is the way, the truth and the life, no man comes to the father but by him. He also said a person must be born again (of the spirit) to enter the kingdom. He died for our sins and his blood settled our debt with G-d.

It is amazing how a 5 year old can comprehend that but a 40 year old with all his/her degrees can't.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 05:01:19 PM »

How true, ya-son! But that's because we're all filled with so much sin, especially the sin of pride!
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 05:16:03 PM »

I feel like I need to share this...I have done it before with others, but this particular thread is appropriate.

Years ago, while doing a crusade, a woman brought her son to it. Actually, it was the other way around...he talked her into bringing him. She was not a churchgoer, and unsaved, but out of love for her boy, she agreed.

Bobby was 12 years old.

At the end of the service, he drug mom down to the front, and loudly announced that "I want to meet Jesus".

We talked a bit, and Bobby's response was simply "I heard what you said about sin, and I do things wrong, so I'm a sinner, and I don't want to be, and I want to meet Jesus, 'cause he can take my sin away and save me."

I asked him if he believed that Jesus was alive because God had raised him from the dead, and he said "yessir, I know he is, 'cause I can see him right now behind you, and he's smiling real big."

Bobby, although 12, had the IQ of one about 6 or 7.....he had Down's Syndrome.....but he understood.

A year later, back in the area, again came mom and Bobby...but this time Bobby was in a wheelchair. Before the service even began, mom came up front and said "I want what my son received a year ago".

Bobby had been hit by a car just 2 weeks after he was saved, and suffered massive injuries, and had been going downhill every day since. But for that entire year, when he could talk, he would ask his mother if she didn't want to meet Jesus the way he had. He would tell her about Jesus sitting with him and holding his hand while he hurt, and the hurt would go away, and if she would just meet with him too, she could quit crying.

Bobby never recovered, and died before he was 14. But he understood.

One day I'll meet up with him again. Grin

PS: Bobby (and millions of others just like him, even if they don't have Down's, are the REASON for the simplicity of the Gospel. "...unless ye come as little children..."
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 05:36:27 PM by Evangelist » Logged

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 11:13:42 PM »

A wonderful, wonderful testimony. The grace and love of our Saviour are incomprehensible, but we can get glimpses such as this that edify and motivate us to keep on going.

We have such a wonderfyl destiny! God also has a plan for our lives now.

aw
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 12:38:23 AM »

AMEN EVANGELIST!

I know some folks like Bobby. I quit feeling sorry for them many years ago, because most of them are extremely happy people. I think that God has a special purpose for them, many like the Bobby you met. Maybe God put them here to teach all of us really smart people a thing or two. In fact, I think they have much to teach us, especially about love.

Love In Christ,
Tom

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2004, 07:28:22 AM »

I feel like I need to share this...I have done it before with others, but this particular thread is appropriate.

Years ago, while doing a crusade, a woman brought her son to it. Actually, it was the other way around...he talked her into bringing him. She was not a churchgoer, and unsaved, but out of love for her boy, she agreed.

Bobby was 12 years old.

At the end of the service, he drug mom down to the front, and loudly announced that "I want to meet Jesus".

We talked a bit, and Bobby's response was simply "I heard what you said about sin, and I do things wrong, so I'm a sinner, and I don't want to be, and I want to meet Jesus, 'cause he can take my sin away and save me."

I asked him if he believed that Jesus was alive because God had raised him from the dead, and he said "yessir, I know he is, 'cause I can see him right now behind you, and he's smiling real big."

Bobby, although 12, had the IQ of one about 6 or 7.....he had Down's Syndrome.....but he understood.

A year later, back in the area, again came mom and Bobby...but this time Bobby was in a wheelchair. Before the service even began, mom came up front and said "I want what my son received a year ago".

Bobby had been hit by a car just 2 weeks after he was saved, and suffered massive injuries, and had been going downhill every day since. But for that entire year, when he could talk, he would ask his mother if she didn't want to meet Jesus the way he had. He would tell her about Jesus sitting with him and holding his hand while he hurt, and the hurt would go away, and if she would just meet with him too, she could quit crying.

PS: Bobby (and millions of others just like him, even if they don't have Down's, are the REASON for the simplicity of the Gospel. "...unless ye come as little children..."

BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for sharing this!  Cheesy

Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2004, 07:46:10 AM »

Bobby (and millions of others just like him, even if they don't have Down's, are the REASON for the simplicity of the Gospel. "...unless ye come as little children..."

amen  Cry

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2004, 11:32:12 AM »

Ther gospel is so simple that even a little child can understand it. It is the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (1 Cor 15:1-10) Scripture declares what the components of salvation are.

Any religion, denomination, or group including protestanrtor catholic, that proclaims otherwise is either ignorant, caught in the snare of satan, or satanic angels of light proclaiming ANOTHER gospel that is cursed.

It is too important  when eternity hangs in the balance.

aw

Amen Brother.  That is truth spoken and supported.   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2004, 11:35:35 AM »

Bobby was 12 years old.

AMEN Evangelist!  I've got a brother-in-law who has Downs.  God doesn't make mistakes.  He builds His house out of the specially designed, and specially cut stones, fit and useful for His purpose.  Maybe someday you'll introduce us!   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the