Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 11:37:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286821 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Its good to know that you can never lose your salvation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Its good to know that you can never lose your salvation  (Read 2979 times)
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2003, 10:50:34 PM »

We cannot lose what is not ours. It all begins and ends with God. It is a work of God on man's behalf and regardless of how hard one may try, none will be lost- no not one.

Now we can move on with true Christian service without a thought of doing anything meritorious, but only desiring to bring God the glory.

Amen or oh me?
aw
Reba
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 11:37:20 PM »

Amen
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 11:53:24 PM »

How refreshing! I never worried about my dad kicking me out of my natural family and surely will never worry about our heavenly Father doing the same. He paid too big a price for us to be able to become His children.

Regards,
aw
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2003, 03:32:41 AM »

How refreshing! I never worried about my dad kicking me out of my natural family and surely will never worry about our heavenly Father doing the same. He paid too big a price for us to be able to become His children.

Regards,
aw

Thanks aw you made my day.

Amen & Amen

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
LdyBluEyez79

Luke 1:79

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2003, 01:58:51 PM »

You can never lose your salvation if you beleive and call on the name of the Lord.  However, you can lose that grace of God. Roll Eyes

There, but for the grace of God, go I.   Smiley
Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2003, 02:12:39 PM »

I agree once saved, saved forever.
Did you know that John Wesley wrote a paper in support of Arminianism (salvation by freewill choice) in opposition to Calvinism (salvation by Gods choice)  where he claimed just the opposite. He claimed losing your salvation was essential to the freewill belief:
The Question, "What Is an Arminian?" Answered by a Lover of Free Grace
by John Wesley

*The Calvinists hold, Thirdly, that a true believer in Christ cannot possibly fall from grace. The Arminians hold, that a true believer may "make shipwreck of faith and a good conscience;" that he may fall, not only foully, but finally, so as to perish for ever.

* Indeed, the two latter points, irresistible grace and infallible perseverance, are the natural consequence of the former, of the unconditional decree. For if God has eternally and absolutely decreed to save such and such persons, it follows, both that they cannot resist his saving grace, (else they might miss of salvation,) and that they cannot finally fall from that grace which they cannot resist. So that, in effect, the three questions come into one, "Is predestination absolute or conditional?" The Arminians believe, it is conditional; the Calvinists, that it is absolute.

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2003, 02:16:25 PM »

We cannot lose what is not ours. It all begins and ends with God. It is a work of God on man's behalf and regardless of how hard one may try, none will be lost- no not one.

Now we can move on with true Christian service without a thought of doing anything meritorious, but only desiring to bring God the glory.

Amen or oh me?
aw

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Early57

It is me

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2003, 08:09:22 PM »

I have said this b4 and wheel say it again.

If you are a child of the Most High God then it is impossible for you to become anything else.

God tells you you are saved and He knows those who are His. And it is not possible for The Holy God to lie and if He were to say "I Never knew you" That would be a lie and He is not going to lie, then you are saved for His names sake, not for your own sake.

Remember he was going to kill all the Isrealites that came out of Egypt and Moses informed him that it would look bad on God and God turned from that plan and they died in the wilderness, the rightious ones to eternal life and the rest to eternal judgement.

He saves those that he saves for His own sake.  

By his Grace and through the faith that He placed with in you and me, he saves us.
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2003, 09:41:18 PM »

You can never lose your salvation if you beleive and call on the name of the Lord.  However, you can lose that grace of God. Roll Eyes

aw: Would you mind stating how that might happen?

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2003, 10:10:37 PM »

posted by left coast as reply #5
* Indeed, the two latter points, irresistible grace and infallible perseverance, are the natural consequence of the former, of the unconditional decree. For if God has eternally and absolutely decreed to save such and such persons, it follows, both that they cannot resist his saving grace, (else they might miss of salvation,) and that they cannot finally fall from that grace which they cannot resist. So that, in effect, the three questions come into one, "Is predestination absolute or conditional?" The Arminians believe, it is conditional; the Calvinists, that it is absolute.

Well, there you go, if salvation is conditional.  Of which it is not.......  

The scriptures are clear that salvation is the result of the free gift, of FAITH thru GRACE, mans part,is faith in
Gods word (ultimately it is the living word, Jesus), Gods part is grace, which He imparts freely and  liberally to them that come to Him, with a broken and contrite heart.

When considering this carefully, this means thinking it thru to a conclusion.  ( that salvation cannot be conditional);

In the end the teaching, places faith not in being able to be kept, by Gods power, but, in one keeping commandments (thus conditional), fail in keeping commandments lose salvation.

The obvious questions, which need to be asked, is what do the scriptures say,  about the conditions, which need to be met, by man, in order to gain salvation?

If there are any, then Grace cannot be Grace, since it is clear, GRACE is the love and favor of God bestowed upon undeserving sinners, not imputing their sins unto them, but covering them, by the shed blood  of Jesus, which absolves them of all demands of a broken law.  

So there you go.............................Salvation is not conditional, because  God offers and gives it FREE to whomsoever He choses, thru His Grace and Mercy, and whomsoever He wills He hardeneth. (Rom 10:18)

Petro

John the Baptist
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2003, 12:07:12 AM »

So no one here is saved yet then, huh?
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2003, 07:05:22 PM »

So no one here is saved yet then, huh?

Yep, everyone here but you is unsaved JTB.   Roll Eyes

LdyBluEyez79

Luke 1:79

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2003, 11:59:51 AM »

aw: Would you mind stating how that might happen?

I am slowly learning the Word and I am trying to understand better.  That was an ignorant/foolish statement to make.  Thank you for making me think on it.  I was reading on that a found...

"And now for a little space grace hath been shewed from the Lord God, to leave us a remnant to escape, and to give us a nail in his holy place, that our God may lighten our eyes, and give us a little reviving in our bondage" Ezra 9:8

"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?  God forbid.  How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?"  Romans 6:1-2

A saved person knows the difference and chooses not to sin.  An unsaved person may either know what is right and wrong and chooses to do whatever anyhow.

"in whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace" Eph. 1:7

Thank you Jesus.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God" Eph. 2:8

"But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ." Eph. 4:7

...so with this in mind, the Lord allows me to understand that, if we call on Christ Jesus to be our Saviour, then God will give us His gift of grace.  I guess that I was thinking about the unsaved people, who do not know of the almighty, loving grace that Lord God gives.  I humbly apologize.

There, but for the grace of God, go I.   Smiley
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2003, 12:44:53 PM »

Yes, salvation(deliverance) is in 3 tenses: Past= sins forgiven, Present= delivered from the power of sin by the indweling Holy Spirit, and FUTURE= delivered from the very presence of all sin.

aw
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2003, 01:21:04 AM »

Yes, salvation(deliverance) is in 3 tenses: Past= sins forgiven, Present= delivered from the power of sin by the indweling Holy Spirit, and FUTURE= delivered from the very presence of all sin.

aw

aw

I will AMEN, that............

Petro

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the