Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:12:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286811 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  New TV show urges you: 'Be One of Satan's Tools'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New TV show urges you: 'Be One of Satan's Tools'  (Read 4661 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2007, 07:36:42 PM »

New TV show urges you: 'Be One of Satan's Tools'
'Reaper' has '20-something slacker' bringing escaped souls back to hell

The devil is full of fun and hilarious hijinks on a new show debuting tonight on the CW Television Network that urges viewers to "be one of Satan's tools."

"Reaper," airing at 9 p.m. Eastern and Pacific, revolves around a "20-something slacker" named Sam Oliver, played by Bret Harrison, who has an unexpected encounter with Satan while driving on a neighborhood street.

Sam then finds out from his father a deep, dark family secret, according to a trailer on CW's website

"I probably should have told you this a long time ago," his father says. "Your mom and I sold your soul to the devil."

Sam learns of his new obligations after asking the devil, "Do I have to go to hell now?"

"You're going to work for me here," says Satan, played by Ray Wise. "You're just going to bring escaped souls back to hell. You know, like a bounty hunter. That's cool!"

Sam replies: "I'm not going to do it. I'm not going to be your stupid bounty hunter."

"You will do it," warns the devil, "or I will take your mother."

Working for Satan apparently has benefits, though, according to the show, as Sam is given special powers to woo and impress his love interest, Andi, played by Missy Peregrym.

The prominence of the show's ad on AOL's Welcome Screen stunned Tamatha Miller of Chesapeake, Va., at 7:15 a.m.

"The thing that hit me was the 'Be One of Satan's Tools' slogan," Miller told WND. "Why would anybody want to be a tool of Satan, other than a satanist? It didn't remind me of something AOL should have on its sign-on screen."

The CW Television Network, a joint venture between Warner Bros. Entertainment and CBS Corporation, boasts of being the only network targeting young adults 18-34.

The network says that as a reflection of that audience, it "strives to be a socially responsible company with initiatives such as its 'Free 2 B Green' environmental campaign, for which the network has partnered with the Natural Resources Defense Council and StopGlobalWarming.org."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 07:39:24 PM »

Satan is working hard trying to recruit people into his ways. Mocking Jesus in other shows and glamorizing satan.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 07:54:55 PM »

Satan is working hard trying to recruit people into his ways. Mocking Jesus in other shows and glamorizing satan.

Yes, this show and others that mock God are more than awful.  God, our Savior, is merciful now....but there will be a severe judgment to pay in the End.   Many people do not realize this.....that you can't mock God and get away with it.  There will be a consequence.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 10:56:54 PM »

New TV show urges you: 'Be One of Satan's Tools'

Another reason I don't watch TV.

Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 09:46:51 PM »

Yes, this show and others that mock God are more than awful.  God, our Savior, is merciful now....but there will be a severe judgment to pay in the End.   Many people do not realize this.....that you can't mock God and get away with it.  There will be a consequence.

Wow, our Lord saved us and that how they repaid! I feel so shame for this.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 07:08:15 PM »

Wow, our Lord saved us and that how they repaid! I feel so shame for this.

Just keep walking with the Lord and trusting Him, Pizza_Al.....that is our hope whenever the world is evil around us.  God bless.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the