Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:38:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286812 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Over 13,000 Civilians Killed in Iraq
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Over 13,000 Civilians Killed in Iraq  (Read 4903 times)
Alnilam

ATM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2004, 12:13:08 PM »

Hi Bronzesnake,

The USSR and Great Britain were "allies" during WWII.  After the war the soviets built and maintained a large bomber and missle force.  Later this included basing weapons in Cuba.

The soviets didn't participate in the North African campaign but after the war supplied war materials to many client states including Egypt.

The soviets did invade Europe during WWII.  Germany and the USSR invaded Poland to start the war.  The USSR also invaded Finland.  Later huge soviet armies invaded eastern Europe and maintained occupation for decades.  The USSR was also prepared to send occupation troops to Japan but MacArthur stopped that.

Stalin led the USSR at the begining of the cold war.  Those that followed him continued soviet expansion, exerting influence in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, South and Central America.   No doubt in my mind that he was no better than Hitler.  I hope we can agree about this.

You take care too my friend.  I trust you are feeling well, IIRC you were very sick for a while.

Peace

Alnilam  
Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2004, 01:53:47 PM »

These totals do not include the 6 million Jews who perished in the Final Solution of Nazi Germany or the 17 million dead as a result of Japan's policies in Asia from 1931 to 1945.

Most of the Jewish dead are indeed included, see the Polish figure.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2004, 02:50:37 PM »

These totals do not include the 6 million Jews who perished in the Final Solution of Nazi Germany or the 17 million dead as a result of Japan's policies in Asia from 1931 to 1945.

Most of the Jewish dead are indeed included, see the Polish figure.

Get serious my friend.
 The Polish figures counted a large population of their Jewish people - 3 million. Poland had 6 million deaths including 3 million Jews, roughly 20% of its prewar population.
 However, as I pointed out - this total did not include the the 6 million Jews who perished in the Final Solution of Nazi Germany or the 17 million dead as a result of Japan's policies in Asia from 1931 to 1945.

Are you contending the numbers are wrong in regards to the total death count as a direct result of the Nazi prison camps?
 Do you make no distinction from dying during battle and being murdered while in prison by being poisoned and shoveled into ovens? In many instances, children were tossed into the ovens alive.

I have zero tolerance for anyone who belittles the horror and evil which was bestowed upon our Jewish brothers and sisters by black hearted Zazi scum. The numbers are legitimate.Only white supremists, anti-Semites and fools dispute or minimalize them.

Bronzesnake
Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2004, 03:10:21 PM »

Get serious my friend.
The Polish figures counted a large population of their Jewish people - 3 million. Poland had 6 million deaths including 3 million Jews, roughly 20% of its prewar population.
However, as I pointed out - this total did not include the the 6 million Jews who perished in the Final Solution of Nazi Germany or the 17 million dead as a result of Japan's policies in Asia from 1931 to 1945.

My friend, I moderate a WW2 warcrimes site, and I assure you that the 3 million Polish Jews are part of the six million figure. By mocking me you will only make a fool of yourself. Other countries lost less, e.g. Austria 20,000, Holland 100,000 or so, Hungary 200,000 to 400,000 thousand depending on who's figures you trust.
Kalthzar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2004, 03:53:16 PM »

I'm still suprised that Britan lost more people due to Bombing raids than the US did soldiers for the war......

are you sure its right?

i mean wow, weren't in there for long were they....

"Men speak of killing time when time slowly killing them"
"We make war that we may live in peace"
"Practical politics consists in ignoring the facts"
"Everyone's quick to blame the Alien"
"Multiplication vexes me, Division is as bad, The ru
Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2004, 06:34:16 PM »

mean wow, weren't in there for long were they....  

They were in there for 6 years, we were in for 4 years.
Kalthzar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2004, 06:58:53 PM »

still doesn't make sense though

for four years you'd expect more soldiers to die than 292000

Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2004, 07:08:38 PM »

The British and the Russians were probably the least effective allied troops in both wars. The French suffered the brunt of the German offensive during WW1 for a variety of reasons.

One reason that the French collapsed so fast was German propaganda that said "The British will fight until the last drop of French blood has been spilt". That contained more than a grain of truth, and was effective propaganda with the French.

The main way that the UK suffered was financial, and they are still recovering from the two world wars. The Marshal Plan helped the UK much more than Germay, for what it's worth.

Regards
Tim
Kalthzar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2004, 03:45:03 AM »

ok, i always wondered why the british, having such large reserves (i.e. the indian military reserves were in the millions i am told) were so ineffective...

Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2004, 08:34:26 AM »

ok, i always wondered why the british, having such large reserves (i.e. the indian military reserves were in the millions i am told) were so ineffective...

Their military doctrine was outdated. During the last German offensive of WW1, Von Ludendorf picked the British to attack as the French were too tough. There is a book called Stormtroop Tactics that deals with the subject.

Also, the British have a history of playing people off against each other.
Kalthzar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2004, 01:49:46 PM »

Yeah, we never really get taught our own history, sometimes it is interesting!

Merchants/Pirates conquered a quarter of the Globe......weird really

WolfBrother

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2004, 03:53:16 PM »

i wonder what would have happened if the Atom Bomb didn't exist?

A tremendously HUGE number of Japanese (Soldiers, civilians, women, and children) would have been killed.

WWII estimates, based on casualty rates derived from invasions on Japanese held islands, put US casualties at 1,000,000 plus.

MY OPINION -
1.  We are involved in the the same WAR that has been going on since before the Crusades - Muslim versus anyone else who isn't.

2.  Concerning the casualty figures that started this thread -  Better their civilians than ours.

WolfBrother
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Matthew 7:3
Bronzesnake
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2004, 07:15:29 PM »

Get serious my friend.

My friend, I moderate a WW2 warcrimes site, and I assure you that the 3 million Polish Jews are part of the six million figure. By mocking me you will only make a fool of yourself. Other countries lost less, e.g. Austria 20,000, Holland 100,000 or so, Hungary 200,000 to 400,000 thousand depending on who's figures you trust.

Oh...my mistake - you moderate a WWII warcrimes site - so you are the final authority. Roll Eyes

Bronzesnake
Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2004, 07:42:07 PM »

Oh...my mistake - you moderate a WWII warcrimes site - so you are the final authority.

No, but I will take you up on it. Give me something concrete. How many Jews do you think were killed in WW2? 9 million? Please don't run.
Tim Vaughan

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2004, 07:54:47 PM »

http://www.euronet.nl/users/wilfried/ww2/epilogue.htm

Here's somewhere where you can start, but again I tell you that you will make a fool of yourself by not counting Polish Jews in the 6 million figure.

The number of Jews killed in WW2 from all countries accepted by top, mainline historians runs from Reitlinger's figure of 4.6 million, which I find reasonable, to a middle figure by Hilberg, the most respected of the Jewish WW2 historians of 5.1 to an upper figure of 6.1 held by a few others.

I ask you to either drop the subject, or name one person who will add the 3 million Polish Jews to the 6 million figure. If you can't name one person, and refuse to concede you don't have a source, I'll ignore you in the future.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the