Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 07:32:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286811 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Could sinners add to the work of the son of God?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could sinners add to the work of the son of God?  (Read 2406 times)
blainefabin

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2004, 10:20:54 PM »

YOU BRING THIS UP ALOT WHAT RELIGION BELEAVES ITS BY WORKS Undecided

I think you already know the answer. Cry
i know its catholics , but my catholic friends dont think like that. thats why im confused.

I have had a lot of roman catholic friends, most of them are now ex-roman catholics. I have been used to lead them to the Lord. When they become Christians they leave the roman religion.

Thank You Jesus

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

wow great! i have been helping many people who have been mislead by people like you come back to the church, and even bringing a few who have never been catholics along too.

mike

Like you they just change religions, like I said when they become Christians they leave the roman religion behind. And Real Christians will not go back.

nice try but this sort of manipulation does nothing for me. real christians will and do go back all the time.. just as soon as they put on their thinking caps and start to see all the inconsistencies in the attacks against the catholic church. all true christians are concerned with truth, and those that seek shall find... like me.

mike
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2004, 05:18:09 AM »

YOU BRING THIS UP ALOT WHAT RELIGION BELEAVES ITS BY WORKS Undecided

I think you already know the answer. Cry
i know its catholics , but my catholic friends dont think like that. thats why im confused.

I have had a lot of roman catholic friends, most of them are now ex-roman catholics. I have been used to lead them to the Lord. When they become Christians they leave the roman religion.

Thank You Jesus

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

wow great! i have been helping many people who have been mislead by people like you come back to the church, and even bringing a few who have never been catholics along too.

mike

Like you they just change religions, like I said when they become Christians they leave the roman religion behind. And Real Christians will not go back.

nice try but this sort of manipulation does nothing for me. real christians will and do go back all the time.. just as soon as they put on their thinking caps and start to see all the inconsistencies in the attacks against the catholic church. all true christians are concerned with truth, and those that seek shall find... like me.

mike

Keep Seeking Mike

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
His Messenger

Will you spend eternity with God?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2004, 08:50:14 PM »

For those who may still think their 'good works' have some part in their redemption (as though they could add to the life, death, burial and resurrection of the Son of God in their place), the word of God is plain and clear:

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Galatians 2:16

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
II Timothy 1:9

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, Romans 4:5

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

True message, its all Gods word.

His Messenger

For when we were yet without strength, in due time CHRIST DIED FOR THE UNGODLY"
(Romans 5:6).

"And you, being dead in your sins... hath He quickened together with him, HAVING FORGIVEN YOU ALL TRESPASSES"
(Colossians 2:13).

Will you spend eternity with God?
sojourner

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2004, 12:12:05 AM »

To anyone:
For those who may still think their 'good works' have some part in their redemption (as though they could add to the life, death, burial and resurrection of the Son of God in their place), the word of God is plain and clear:

I'm at a loss as to who believes that their 'good works' has a part in their redemption? I have been on this board only a short time, but I have yet to find anyone who believes this. Maybe someone could document it.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the