Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 07:16:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286814 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Sin Poll Question
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Does intentional or unintentional sin result in loss of Salvation?
Yes - 3 (17.6%)
No - 13 (76.5%)
I don't know. - 1 (5.9%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sin Poll Question  (Read 20663 times)
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2007, 03:32:20 PM »

I'm running low on time, so I voted and will just drop my thoughts here!  I said No.  You can't lose your salvation.  There have been a great many passages listed.  My favorite passage on this matter is the book of Hebrews.  But here's a very basic thought to consider: was my salvation dependent on anything I brought to the table?  Most would agree that none of us brings anything worthy of the gift of life God gives us.  So, if I bring nothing of merit to obtain it...what makes me think I could do anything of merit to maintain it?  Folks, it's God.  You weren't too messed up for Him to save.  What makes you think you'll ever be too messed up for Him to hold you?  Just a thought.   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2007, 05:01:57 PM »

I'm running low on time, so I voted and will just drop my thoughts here!  I said No.  You can't lose your salvation.  There have been a great many passages listed.  My favorite passage on this matter is the book of Hebrews.  But here's a very basic thought to consider: was my salvation dependent on anything I brought to the table?  Most would agree that none of us brings anything worthy of the gift of life God gives us.  So, if I bring nothing of merit to obtain it...what makes me think I could do anything of merit to maintain it?  Folks, it's God.  You weren't too messed up for Him to save.  What makes you think you'll ever be too messed up for Him to hold you?  Just a thought.   Smiley

Thank you!!! You expressed and explained it perfectly!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2007, 06:35:24 PM »

And an excellent thought at that.   AMEN!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2007, 10:04:00 PM »

Amen Allinall!

Hello Brother Kevin. You hit the nail on the head. I am reminded of your user name right now, and we all need to be reminded of it daily:  JESUS CHRIST is our ALL-IN-ALL! We deserve nothing but punishment, but JESUS CHRIST took our punishment in HIS Own Body on the CROSS. There is no greater Love!

I'm not worthy of anything, but my LORD and SAVIOUR IS! I don't have any righteousness of my own, so I give thanks that I'm seen in and through JESUS CHRIST! I give thanks every day that I trust in the Righteousness, Holiness, and Perfection of JESUS CHRIST! Trust in ourselves or other men would mean nothing. I want to do good things and please GOD because I love HIM. If there is any glory, GLORY in CHRIST! JESUS CHRIST is our ALL-IN-ALL!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2007, 11:39:54 AM »

AMEN Brothers and Sisters!  God is good!  Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2007, 06:08:17 PM »

God is good!  Smiley

No, God is Great!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2007, 09:30:25 AM »

No, God is Great!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Amen to that!  I'm driving to work today, and looking at the newly fallen snow that was helping me be late to work...and grumbling.  I decided to reflect on the beauty of God's creation, and I thought: it's Christmas time, and what does God do here for us?  He paints everything white.  Beautiful.  What's more?  Christmas' promise of the gift of life to come from the cross would wash our sins..."whiter than snow."  So on Christmas time, God reminds those of us fortunate enough to be late because of the weather via the weather, to stop and wonder at His gift.  Yup Brother.  God is great.   Cheesy Smiley

ravenloche

I am a messianic christian

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2007, 02:10:41 PM »

hello Tom!

you know that this question will just bring up the issue of osas. I would rather refrain from sin, and thus not have to
ask the question in the first place. If we serve our Lord with all that we have, then we won't have to enter into
sematics.

respectfully yours in Yeshua

ravenloche

if not you, who? if not now, when?
if not here, where? if it is to be it is up to me!
John 3:17 for he came not into the world to condemn the world, but that the world thru him might be saved! Rom 8:1 there is therefore no con-
demnation to those who are in
christ Jesus...
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2007, 02:54:08 PM »

Yes, it is a question that brings up OSAS and it is one well worth addressing. It is a question that arises even amongst the best of Christians. Why is this? Because even the best Christian no matter how hard they attempt to serve the Lord with all they have and attempt to refrain from sin will invariably commit sin even if it is unknowingly. This is why we are told to "Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." We are all sinners and sometimes even the strongest of Christians will in their Christian walk stumble. This is the reason for this question and one that has been addressed quite well by others in this thread. It is not about semantics but rather about the subject of Salvation and what it means to be saved.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Berean_

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2008, 11:17:33 PM »

Haven't been here in years...but found this a very interesting question.

The question is not sin...

Christ died for the sins of the world and took them ALL upon himself...every sin is forgiven..everyone is forgiven.

The question is...do you believe that Christ took your sin upon himself and that all of your sin is forgiven? Do you believe Christ is who He said He is, God the son, and he died for your sins and rose on the 3rd day? Do you take God at His word that to obey God today is to only believe?

No faith/works...which means you prove your faith by your works...circumcision, keeping the law, rituals,etc...all of which were given to Israel...not to the body of Christ. We are to obey by faith. Anything else is disobedience and not what is for the church today.

All the Bible is for us, but not all the bible is to us. If it was all to us we would be building an ark today or sacrificing animals...you have to find where you are in God's Word today. We are not Israel...we are not under the law...we are for sure under grace, God will not send His wrath in this age...find where you are...start with Paul's Epistle's. We are in his prison Epistle's...when you read these and understand the wonderful riches of grace there, you will never question losing your salvation again.

Today it is not asking for forgiveness of sins, for they were all forgiven at the cross, Nor works, as faith in what Christ has done for us is accomplished...but belief by itself.  Faith means believing what God has said.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 11:31:56 PM by Berean_ » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2008, 12:20:18 AM »

AMEN BEREAN!

It's all about GOD'S Matchless Grace and the finished work of JESUS CHRIST on the CROSS. If there is any Glory, it will be in CHRIST - not man.

Love In Christ,
Tom

heatherchelle_2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2008, 11:02:30 PM »

I voted no.  I believe that Jesus died for all of my sins, both the ones I committed before I was saved and the ones I committed after.  I am forgiven.  I am saved.  I will go to heaven when I die.  I do my best to not add to the Lord's pain by sinning, but I tend to fall flat on my face on a pretty regular basis.  I pick myself back up and ask Jesus to forgive me again.  I'm glad I don't have to depend on living a perfect life or I would never make it!
Heather

xoxoxoxox Heather xoxoxoxox
Beloved Father God,
Help me befriend those who are lonely,
Help me comfort those who are hurting,
Help me do battle against the darkness,
And help me lead the way to You.
In Jesus' name, amen.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2008, 07:06:42 AM »

I voted no.  I believe that Jesus died for all of my sins, both the ones I committed before I was saved and the ones I committed after.  I am forgiven.  I am saved.  I will go to heaven when I die.  I do my best to not add to the Lord's pain by sinning, but I tend to fall flat on my face on a pretty regular basis.  I pick myself back up and ask Jesus to forgive me again.  I'm glad I don't have to depend on living a perfect life or I would never make it!
Heather
I couldn't agree more sister

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2008, 10:18:48 AM »

Hello Sister Heather,

Here's another AMEN!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2008, 11:35:50 PM »

IF you think that you can INTENTIONALLY go out and SIN as this POLL Suggest,
and NOT Lose your Salvation,(BLOTTED OUT of The BOOK of LIFE)
You Dont know the God I know!
It is Good to see were up to 14 people. Smiley

These people below, BELIEVED they were Christians, Only a Christian would Attempt or be able to do wonderous things in "his name"
Matt. 7:
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Would you like the Verses Where it Talks about BEING Blotted OUT of the Book of Life?
Take a good look at JESUS'S words "NOT EVERYONE" that has said Lord Lord shall enter the Kingdom of God!

Can it get ANY plainer than that?
YLBD
HIS words were quote"GO AND SIN NO MORE",
NOT, Go ahead and Sin and i'll see ya next weekend!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the