Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 01:29:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286815 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Can Christians be Pharmacists?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can Christians be Pharmacists?  (Read 704 times)
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« on: April 12, 2005, 12:53:54 PM »

I find it interesting that in Illinois the governor has made it illegal for a pharmacist to refuse to fill a prescription.  This “law” was made for one reason only: to attack Christian pharmacists who refused to dispense the ‘abortion pill’.  The governor (Blagojevich) calls refusal to dispense a pill to kill a baby “denying healthcare to women”.  I call it Christian persecution.  

Do you believe a person should be forced by law to violate his/her moral convictions?  This ‘law’ could set precedence.  Will it next become a ‘law’ that a member of the clergy be forced to perform wedding ceremonies for homosexuals?  Will it become illegal to preach against sin?

The bible tells us to respect those who govern over us – but to what extent?  

The end is near, my friends… the end is indeed near.

JN

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 11:53:57 AM »

JudgeNot,

Brother, I'm glad that someone posted this issue. This is far more than just irritating.

I think this one will be found to be Unconstitutional. Government does not have the right to tell business what they will sell. There are other far reaching potential consequences of actions like this from the government. Is telling a doctor that they will perform an abortion next?

YES! - It is Christian persecution. This issue must be fought and won before it spreads to who knows what. Let your imagination fill in many other blanks. Examples:

A grocery store must sell beer.

A movie theater must show R and X rated movies.

I guess that the examples could be endless. I am optimistic that government and judges will not be given the power to make Christians do things they believe to be immoral.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 2:8-10  Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 01:19:21 PM »

I live in Illinois. It has, in the past< been a predominately Democratic state with many of these such things getting passed and inforced. Gov Blagojevich has been really pushing many tax increases also.

I think that his time as Gov. is going to be short lived (at least I hope so). There are many good contenders for the position in the next election that are against these sort of things that Gov Blagojevich has been pushing. Many of his policies have been pushing businesses out of the state turning it into more of a welfare state than it already was.

James Oberweis, owner of a dairy in the Chicago suburb of Aurora, made the announcement Thursday, becoming the first Republican to officially declare his candidacy. His platform so far is to bring more businesses back into the state, providing more jobs.

Other contenders that have already announced consideration for the Republican ticket are state Treasurer Judy Baar Topinka, DuPage County State's Attorney Joe Birkett, state Sen. Bill Brady, former State Board of Education chairman Ron Gidwitz and U.S. Rep. Ray LaHood.

It was just announced yesterday that two Illinois pharmacists  filed a law suit against the Gov on Wednesday for ordering them to fill prescriptions for emergency contraception even if it violates their religious beliefs. More on this can be seen at:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-pharm14.html

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the