Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 01:37:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286815 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Double Whammy
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Double Whammy  (Read 1220 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2003, 08:47:18 PM »

Is there any one thing that distinguishes Christianity from all other religions or faiths, and that at the same time condemns all other religions or faiths?

And, are the words for this, "Double Whammy", inappropriate and, is the word "condemn" here, too strong?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 04:57:09 AM »

Is there any one thing that distinguishes Christianity from all other religions or faiths, and that at the same time condemns all other religions or faiths?

And, are the words for this, "Double Whammy", inappropriate and, is the word "condemn" here, too strong?

Oklahoma Howdy to Symphony,

Maybe the words would have to be chosen appropriately for the setting and circumstances.

John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

This is one of my favorite Scriptures. I think it also answers this question. Without Jesus Christ, a person is lost and condemned. Jesus Christ is the Lord of Lords, the Son of God, and our Saviour. Any religion or faith without Jesus Christ as the CORE is false. Jesus Christ is obviously the CORE of the Gospel of God's Grace. If any man teach any other gospel, let him be accursed.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2003, 07:02:47 PM »

Christianity is the only religion that makes atonement for sin. Judaism is the root, of course, but the sacrifices cannot atone, only point to the messiah that has been rejected in Judaism.

Whether the words are too strong depends on how they are used; if they are used in full affirmation of God's exclusivity and His judgment of all these other religions, of course not. God does condemn all other religions. It would only be too strong if it is meant in a way that diminishes God's glory, but of course you wouldn't use it that way.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2003, 07:53:23 PM »

Hmmm, thank you, bep.  And Whitehorse.

I was more thinking of a sort of comparative reasoning.

That is, to compare what others might generally offer, as to what Jesus Christ, or the "good news", the Gospel, offers--in real terms(as opposed to just pronouncements--although those are important, of course).

I.e., "why" does what we believe make it "the way, the truth, and the life...", rather than simply because I--or anyone--said it?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2003, 11:20:44 PM »

Hmmm, thank you, bep.  And Whitehorse.

I was more thinking of a sort of comparative reasoning.

That is, to compare what others might generally offer, as to what Jesus Christ, or the "good news", the Gospel, offers--in real terms(as opposed to just pronouncements--although those are important, of course).

I.e., "why" does what we believe make it "the way, the truth, and the life...", rather than simply because I--or anyone--said it?

Oklahoma Howdy to Symphony,

I think that I understand what you are saying. Most worship of false (g)ods involves sacrifice of some sort by the followers. In the case of Christianity, Jesus Christ (VERY GOD) sacrificed HIMSELF for HIS children. I think this contrast is dramatic, CHRIST HIMSELF is the SACRIFICE so others might be saved. You can carry the contrast further with the analogy of GRACE, LOVE, AND GIFT.

In Christ,
Tom

Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2003, 07:49:53 AM »

What Tom said is true Symphony.  We offer no sacrifice as the very Son of God sacrificied His life for us.  From there on, in faith, we walk with the Holy Spirit who guides and teaches us.  We need no statues or images.  And have no need to be reminded of Him through these items.  He is in our heart.  His laws are engraved on our hearts.  We serve a living God.

Love..Tamara.
WhitehorseToo

Distinct llamaic sympathies

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2003, 10:54:49 PM »

Well, I'm still struggling to understand what you're looking for; but I do have a pamphlet on comparative religions published by Moody press. It's called The Spirit of Truth and The Spirit of Error, and it gives the basic doctrines of Christian Science, Spiritualism, Jehovah's witness, Armstrongism, Mormonism, Easter Mysticism, The Way International, Unity, and Unification Church. It is quite long; this might be a good resource.

Here's a link I found to to Calvary Chapel Santa Barbara-they have this one and apparently there's a sequel to it, too. I don't know if they charge anything; maybe email and ask. Otherwise let me know and I'll get you the information any way I can. Also, if you can fill me in about what you're looking for, I can try to help, too.

http://www.calvarychapelsb.com/truth_error.html

Is there anything we can help with in the meantime?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the