Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 02:07:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286811 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Taking a Stand?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Taking a Stand?  (Read 8791 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2003, 04:34:04 PM »

HHMMM..... What were those commandments that Jesus gave us.....Mt 22:37
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mt 22:38
This is the first and great commandment.
Mt 22:39
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mt 22:40
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

I don't see anything about saturday, sunday or any other day being the rule of thumb here, do you?

You sir seem to hang yourself on the law and will so be judged by it.  Why do you so ignore what scripture plainly states many times over this one in itself should be good enough for you: Ac 15:5
But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.

Ac 15:10
Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Ac 15:11
But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

And again ye professing the law as a way of salvation why do you not listen to the Word of God?  Christ is of no effect to you according to the Word of God.

Ga 5:2
Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
Ga 5:3
For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
Ga 5:4
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
Ga 5:5
For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
Ga 5:6
For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
Ga 5:7
Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

Listen to the Word of God and allow it to work in your heart and not your pride.

AMEN!!! Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2003, 04:35:55 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

I really don't feel well enough to argue and debate right now, so I'll make this short. If you live under the Law, you must live under all of it and not pick and choose the ones you wish to obey.

You will need to seek a High Priest when you wish to pray. You should know that you can't pray directly without assistance. Get the timing completely right for the sacrifice. Stop eating pork by all means, and you had better hope you are circumcised. If you wish to live by the Law, you must live by all of it.

An excellent point has already been made about the wonderful gift of Jesus on the cross. Yes, we can have fellowship and pray 24 hours a day, 7 days a week without seeking the assistance of a High Priest. The Grace we have been given allows us to fellowship and walk in the Spirit on more than just one day. Much of the fear under the Law was replaced with LOVE under GRACE. GRACE does not make God's children wish to sin more or do less in HIS NAME, just the opposite. LOVE draws us closer and stronger. There is absolutely NOTHING NEGATIVE about the Matchless GRACE of our HEAVENLY FATHER.

In Christ.

DITTO Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2003, 07:45:48 PM »

Um, thank you, gents.

What do you think about Chf. Justice's Ten Commandment monument there in the state court house?  I think the latest news is he had to remove it??

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2003, 08:07:42 PM »

Um, thank you, gents.

What do you think about Chf. Justice's Ten Commandment monument there in the state court house?  I think the latest news is he had to remove it??

Oklahoma Howdy To Symphony,

I think this is crazy. It can and has been proven that much of our law is based on the Ten Commandments and Biblical values, ethics, and teaching. In other words, the core of America's criminal justice system is the Holy Bible. Our written law represents the moral foundation of our society. Like it or not, that foundation was Almighty God and the Holy Bible. I like this and so did our founding fathers. For those who don't like this, I suggest they vote with their feet and leave this nation.

If one doesn't like to hear "God Bless American", "One Nation Under God", "In God we trust", and other traditional American slogans, I suggest a fund be set up to help them leave America with the promise they won't come back. UM?, maybe I'm too shy about this subject.

In Christ.

John the Baptist
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2003, 08:21:52 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

I really don't feel well enough to argue and debate right now, so I'll make this short. If you live under the Law, you must live under all of it and not pick and choose the ones you wish to obey.
(removed)
John here:
Wow! Did you read your last post? Are you telling us that now, after posting this post, that we need the posting of the Ten Commandments in USA Government buildings, or anywhere for that matter?? HuhHuh

What are you going to do with the forth commandment? Cry

D.D., it is surely easy to see what our future holds, huh?
---John
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2003, 09:27:37 PM »

PLEASE MODERATORS:

We add the Subjects if we desire. Here we see "Grace and Confusion" added. And this is what comes INTO my mail box, as me subscribing to 'this thread'?

The THREAD'S Subject Is: 'Taking a Stand?' not our individual subject title. So perhaps you moderators can send out the original Subject to our in box?

Is that clear??? In other words, I have no idea where to find Grace and Confusion except on the forum somewhere?

OK: now I will go back & see what is said in our friends post? But 'me' thinks that he does not agree with his pals (brothers?) from above? Wink  Or is he taking a stand?

Thanks in advance!---J/t/B/

Oklahoma Howdy to John,

I see that you need to take a "lighten up" pill again. There is a hot link on your mail notice to take you to the exact spot of the post. You don't have to search for anything. It's all "Click and Go" automatically, nice and easy.

You don't have a clue what I believe, so never try to put words in my mouth. I'm not shy, I'll speak for myself. I don't think that you know what YOU believe. At the very least, you are extremely confused. You make it very difficult for anyone to converse with you, even for your brothers in Christ, assuming you are saved.

For the record, I believe in, practice, enjoy, share, and stand for the Gospel of the Grace of God. There is no other Gospel. Your posts are so critical and wandering that it is very difficult to know what you believe in, practice, enjoy, share, and stand for. By the way, resting in Christ is (7) days a week, not just one.

In Christ.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2003, 09:41:39 PM »

John here:
Wow! Did you read your last post? Are you telling us that now, after posting this post, that we need the posting of the Ten Commandments in USA Government buildings, or anywhere for that matter?? HuhHuh

What are you going to do with the forth commandment? Cry

D.D., it is surely easy to see what our future holds, huh?
---John

Oklahoma Howdy to John,

A "lighten up pill" will not be sufficient, add a "chill pill" to that and get plenty of rest.

There is no contradiction to anything I said for anyone who has a casual knowledge of the Gospel of God's Grace. I think that the Ten Commandments, the Holy Bible, "God Bless American", "In God We Trust", and "One Nation Under God" should be placed and posted in every public building and classroom in America. Try reading a little bit about the Gospel of God's Grace. A good start would be Ephesians.

Drink plenty of water with those "lighten up and chill pills".

Resting In Christ 24/7.

John the Baptist
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2003, 11:18:11 PM »

Hi, John here:
Thanks for coming out of your closet. You are right about me  not knowing what you believe? Hange the law of God in the Government buildings! or scrap the Law of God as Moses legalism stuff?? (or) We are to obey God's ten commandments, or they are legalism! Huh Huh Wow! real clear & bold, huh?

Your 'Brothers' (not mine for sure!) as you call them, perhaps one knows these ones a little better?  At least they COME OUT of the Closet in their posting DECISION'S. No up & down, flip flop, back and forth. (with one of them anyway!) This one Grin Grin & his echo! And now you??? Tell me it isn't so!

And you say that you are not bashful? 'Look at me, huh?' And you suggest that 'i' am not a Christian? All because Christ said  "If ye love me keep my Commandments"? And I BELIEVE HIM!! Interesting!

Hay young'in, please be advised that your 'missives' just scare me to pieces, huh? (see Matt. 10:25 & 14-16) Prophecy & history are FULL of what your anti/love no commandment keeping friends postings are like. That is called FORCED COMMANDMENT Hangings, huh? (either way?) Or do you & your Brothers not agree on this? Who knows in that case, except by the company one keeps? See Rev. 18:4.

In the Master's quickly finished work, for the house of God first. 1 Peter 4:17
                                                ---John
John the Baptist
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2003, 11:25:08 PM »

]

Oklahoma Howdy to John,

I see that you need to take a "lighten up" pill again. There is a hot link on your mail notice to take you to the exact spot of the post. You don't have to search for anything. It's all "Click and Go" automatically, nice and easy.

John here:
are you one of the bettin Oakies?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2003, 03:01:27 AM »

John here:
are you one of the bettin Oakies?

John,

I wouldn't know. What is a "bettin Oakie"? I am a retired, disabled, and Christian police officer if that has anything to do with the question.

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2003, 04:18:13 AM »

Um, thank you, gents.

I think this is crazy. It can and has been proven that much of our law is based on the Ten Commandments and Biblical values, ethics, and teaching. In other words, the core of America's criminal justice system is the Holy Bible. Our written law represents the moral foundation of our society. Like it or not, that foundation was Almighty God and the Holy Bible. I like this and so did our founding fathers. For those who don't like this, I suggest they vote with their feet and leave this nation.

If one doesn't like to hear "God Bless American", "One Nation Under God", "In God we trust", and other traditional American slogans, I suggest a fund be set up to help them leave America with the promise they won't come back. UM?, maybe I'm too shy about this subject.

In Christ.

:)LOL Smiley Right On

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
John the Baptist
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2003, 07:11:37 AM »

Um, thank you, gents.

In Christ.

Hi Bro. Love?? Huh, (John here:)
All these things that you say about the USA & the Ten Commandments are quite the opposite of what you say to God Himself. You know, Only believe Lord! Under Grace Lord! Your Law Lord is FINISHED!! I LOVE you Lord! Hang them & LEGALIZE THEM!??? ENFORCE THEM! For others Lord, not me!

Just a short off-topic note: It is you & your 'stuff' that IS the trouble in the Whore & Her Daughter denominations!  Gen. 4:7 & Rev. 3:9.

So the message which you posted up might just as well be seen & accepted for what it really is, (by everyone reading them) in that they will ALL come right back to you in Judgement. Eccl. 12:13-14 & James 2:8-12. And O'yes, 1 John 2:4 also! 'He that sayeth that he (loveth?) knoweth Him and keepeth not His commandments, IS A LIAR and there IS NO TRUTH IN HIM! A Brother Huh Hardly!

But in fact you & ALL Partakers of Rev. 18:4 are saying to God, as your posted above remarks about God show, LORD IF I DON'T LIKE YOUR UNIVERSAL LAW (SABBATH INCLUDED, HUH!) SEND ME ELSEWHERE!! And friend it was your DECISION to [freely] make. By By, as in Obad. 16. Cry Cry

Forum: Once a mature DECISION has been made, it is very hard to re/tract it! As it was done in Cain's case, with the [Lord speaking person to person] in his adult maturity. And in Israel of olds case [with the Master Himself] here of earth teaching & preaching HIMSELF IN PERSON! And as in Acts 2 with the [Holy Spirit seen with His Early Rain Showers ALL around, uplifting Christ in *OBEDIENCE]!! See Acts 5:32.  Then it was as we see, TWO professed followers of Christ in [their] MATURE professed lying 'love' for the Master, lie to the Holy Ghost! And the GodHead DID REMOVED them! See Acts 5:11.

This my friends is where you are once again traveling! Acts 3:19 says: "Repent ye therefore, AND BE CONVERTED, that your sins may be blotted out, WHEN THE TIMES OF REFRESHING [SHALL COME] from the PRESENCE OF THE LORD." But [MOST] never even suspected that it was falling all around them.  Cry
And what is new? God said: NOTHING!

----John
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2003, 08:17:01 AM »

Um, thank you, gents.

In Christ.

Hi Bro. Love?? Huh, (John here:)
All these things that you say about the USA & the Ten Commandments are quite the opposite of what you say to God Himself. You know, Only believe Lord! Under Grace Lord! Your Law Lord is FINISHED!! I LOVE you Lord! Hang them & LEGALIZE THEM!??? ENFORCE THEM! For others Lord, not me!

Just a short off-topic note: It is you & your 'stuff' that IS the trouble in the Whore & Her Daughter denominations!  Gen. 4:7 & Rev. 3:9.

So the message which you posted up might just as well be seen & accepted for what it really is, (by everyone reading them) in that they will ALL come right back to you in Judgement. Eccl. 12:13-14 & James 2:8-12. And O'yes, 1 John 2:4 also! 'He that sayeth that he (loveth?) knoweth Him and keepeth not His commandments, IS A LIAR and there IS NO TRUTH IN HIM! A Brother Huh Hardly!

But in fact you & ALL Partakers of Rev. 18:4 are saying to God, as your posted above remarks about God show, LORD IF I DON'T LIKE YOUR UNIVERSAL LAW (SABBATH INCLUDED, HUH!) SEND ME ELSEWHERE!! And friend it was your DECISION to [freely] make. By By, as in Obad. 16. Cry Cry

Forum: Once a mature DECISION has been made, it is very hard to re/tract it! As it was done in Cain's case, with the [Lord speaking person to person] in his adult maturity. And in Israel of olds case [with the Master Himself] here of earth teaching & preaching HIMSELF IN PERSON! And as in Acts 2 with the [Holy Spirit seen with His Early Rain Showers ALL around, uplifting Christ in *OBEDIENCE]!! See Acts 5:32.  Then it was as we see, TWO professed followers of Christ in [their] MATURE professed lying 'love' for the Master, lie to the Holy Ghost! And the GodHead DID REMOVED them! See Acts 5:11.

This my friends is where you are once again traveling! Acts 3:19 says: "Repent ye therefore, AND BE CONVERTED, that your sins may be blotted out, WHEN THE TIMES OF REFRESHING [SHALL COME] from the PRESENCE OF THE LORD." But [MOST] never even suspected that it was falling all around them.  Cry
And what is new? God said: NOTHING!

----John

Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2003, 01:57:00 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to John the Baptist,

The pills didn't work for you. I really don't understand what you are trying to say, where you stand, or what you believe. The closest I can come is that you are hung up on some sort of legalism (The Law), and you don't understand the Gospel of God's Grace and the meaning of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

I have no problem at all in obeying God, especially since HIS GRACE makes obeying an enjoyment. If you took the crucifixion of Jesus and the Gospel of God's Grace out of the Bible, I might understand what you believe. However, that is the most beautiful and precious portion of the Bible and IS THE ONE GOSPEL, THE GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD.

Several have already posted Scripture that explains some of the major differences between Law and Grace. I may try again when I get back from a family gathering. There is a new Commandment involving one word, "LOVE". I fail at that sometimes, so I will try again to explain the Gospel of God's Grace to you.

In the meantime, see if you can understand one little phrase and how it applies to the Gospel of God's Grace, "resting in Christ 24/7". You won't find this phrase on the Gospel, but you will find the basis for it in many places. If you don't, I'll post the Scriptures for you when I get back.

Resting in Christ 24/7.

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2003, 02:13:11 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to John the Baptist,

The pills didn't work for you. I really don't understand what you are trying to say, where you stand, or what you believe. The closest I can come is that you are hung up on some sort of legalism (The Law), and you don't understand the Gospel of God's Grace and the meaning of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

I have no problem at all in obeying God, especially since HIS GRACE makes obeying an enjoyment. If you took the crucifixion of Jesus and the Gospel of God's Grace out of the Bible, I might understand what you believe. However, that is the most beautiful and precious portion of the Bible and IS THE ONE GOSPEL, THE GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD.

Several have already posted Scripture that explains some of the major differences between Law and Grace. I may try again when I get back from a family gathering. There is a new Commandment involving one word, "LOVE". I fail at that sometimes, so I will try again to explain the Gospel of God's Grace to you.

In the meantime, see if you can understand one little phrase and how it applies to the Gospel of God's Grace, "resting in Christ 24/7". You won't find this phrase on the Gospel, but you will find the basis for it in many places. If you don't, I'll post the Scriptures for you when I get back.

Resting in Christ 24/7.

Amen Brother Amen

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the