Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:18:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  WHAT ABOUT PASTORS WHO LET THIER CHILDREN...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHAT ABOUT PASTORS WHO LET THIER CHILDREN...  (Read 5371 times)
Chaplain Bob

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2006, 09:21:56 PM »

GKB:

First, let me say that no one's child (pastor or not) should be put in a leadership position unless they are attempting to live a Godly life.

Secondly, you need to realize that the religious organizations we call "church", with all it's doctrine, dogma, rules, regulations, icons and traditions, were not founded by Jesus but by men in an apparent attempt to establish something tangible in place of an invisible God and the cause of Christ has been going downhill ever since.  Jesus called out followers and the leaders and guidlines listed in the Bible were for the Body of Believers NOT religious organizations.

So you need to expect things to happen in the religious organization that cannot be justified Scripturally, especially in these end-times.  You need to find another church or group to fellowship with.

In His Service,
Bob Allen
dandirom

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2006, 02:51:28 AM »

i never suggested that some of the apostles were not married. All i am saying is that god does not intend for priest to be married because if he did then they would be.

Excuse me, but where in the Bible does it say that God does not intend for priests to be married?  This is out of topic, by the way, but God always intended man to have the woman as a 'helpmate'.  Of course a man may choose to be unmarried but with sadly with the catholic church, i know for a fact that being unmarried is not by choice, it is a doctrine of the Roman Catholic church that a priest HAS to be unmarried.  "But a priest has a choice", one will say.  Does he?  Will the Roman Catholic church ordain you as a priest if you are married? No, thereby it is not a choice but a doctrine that priests are forbidden to marry.  Incidentally, the only mention in the Bible about forbidding to marry is in Timothy, where 'some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils...forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats...'

Furthermore, the old order or priesthood has already been abolished, the old has been replaced with the new. 'For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.' 

''Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ."

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood..."
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2006, 12:46:31 AM »

Quote from: dandirom
Excuse me, but where in the Bible does it say that God does not intend for priests to be married?

The Bible doesn't forebit marriage dandirom.

Ezekiel 44:22 Neither shall they take for their wives a widow or a woman separated or divorced from her husband; but they shall marry maidens [who are virgins] of the offspring of the house of Israel or a widow previously married to a priest.

Leviticus 21:7 They shall not take a wife who is a harlot or polluted or profane or divorced, for [the priest] is holy to his God.

All that does is it sets the standard for Priest getting married. It doesn't forbid a Priest from getting married.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the