Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:46:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  WHAT ABOUT PASTORS WHO LET THIER CHILDREN...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHAT ABOUT PASTORS WHO LET THIER CHILDREN...  (Read 5372 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2005, 03:27:21 PM »

Hi Mills,

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to hearing more from you especially of your mission.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Jeff Mills

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2005, 03:31:44 PM »

Hello Roger, I have been serving the Lord in Guatemala for the past 12 years where I have planted 2 churches.  Both are now over 300 people in each, but our vision is to win Guatemala for the Lord.  A long way to go but there again our God is big!  But we stay humble.   People can read about us in www.finalharvestministries.com   Blessings Jeff Mills

Hesus is Lord
marmor653

Praising the Lord all the day long

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2005, 08:29:11 PM »

I Timothy Chapter 3   This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop (an overseer) he desireth a good (excellent) work.  2. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach.  3. Not given (prone) to wine, no striker (scrapper), not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;  4. One that ruleth (manages) well his own house, having his children in subjection (under control) with all gravity; 5. For if a man know not how to rule his own house (family), how shall he take care of the church of God?

This chapter of I Timothy  came to mind when I read your post.  

Sister in Christ,

Marmor653
GKB

MY GREATEST SEEK, IS TO KNOW JESUS MORE

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2005, 10:02:28 PM »

thank you for theses wonderful responses marmor636, and to the missionary who is doing such a wonderful work! i did leave this church, and i am certainly on a faith walk. i live in baltimore, md...any suggestions on a good ministry? i know all places will proberly have their issues, but i just believe there is somewhere i need to be to aquire my next level of teaching.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2005, 10:31:48 PM »

GKB,

A couple of things...................seek God on this.  Maybe He wants you all to Himself for a little while. Maybe He'll want you to start your own church from your home.  It took an awful lot for you to leave a church that you had called home for so long.  Maybe God wants you to lead, now.  Think about it.  Seek Him.  You'll get an answer............listen for His voice.

Grace and peace,
cris

GKB

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2005, 11:51:04 PM »

cris, you really just hit my spirit, because i wonder about that, but i am being very careful to not move out of the will of god. but i certainly receive this....not because it sounds good, but because its true....i already have been opening my door to the people of god....people are beginning to give their life to christ right in my livingroom....amazing huh?  god bless you cris, because you really did bless me.... i have soooo far to go.
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2005, 09:03:43 PM »

I live in a small town.  My home church is of course, a small church.  It's nondenominational, which I love!  I have been able to verify everything my pastor teaches by reading the bible for myself.  If anyone has ever heard of Calvary Chapel; or know where one is, give it a visit - you may be pleasantly surprised!  

I pray that everyone finds a church that is welcoming, comfortable and spiritully fulfilling.  It's all about God!  If you can't back up your church's teaching in the KJV bible, you may want to move on. . . I don't put any credence in the JW's bible or the Mormon's or any other 'bible' that has been rewritten to fit man's desires.  We are here to fulfill God's desires and to please Him by worship and in praise.

Blessings-

Jeff Mills

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2005, 10:58:47 PM »

Talker Cat praise God that you are happy in the Lord's presence!!!   I have that same happinesss every sigle day despite having 6 operations on my back in the past 20 months.   Jesis is lord of everything, and there is nothing better than sharing Jesus with everyone you come across.  It is really nice erading your letter.

Hesus is Lord
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2005, 11:04:47 AM »

Hello Mills!  I don't think I've had a chance to welcome you to the CU Forums - so WELCOME!  As you have already discovered, there are a lot of loving christians here that will support you, pray for you and never judge....

I too am permanently disabled.  My right leg was amputated three years ago and my left leg is in danger as we speak.  I also suffer from diabetic retinopathy, which causes blindness - I've had four surgeries on my eyes.  I don't mention this because I'm a complainer, I mention it to show that everyone suffers in some way or another - but NO ONE suffers like Christ did for us on the cross !

I look forward to your posts, and getting to know you better.

Blessings -

Jeff Mills

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2005, 02:15:18 PM »

Hi talker cat.   I have seen many miracles and healings in my ministry as an Evangelists but I am fed up of people who say"Well Jeff, just believe and you WILL be healed!"    God is not a Credit Card whom you just stick in a  machine and out comes you healing.   There is more to Him than that.   We need to have a close relationship with him 24 hours a day.  With that my pain is less.   Hey, just think!  In heaven we will be perfect"   Blessings to you Cat, from Jeff

Hesus is Lord
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2005, 03:06:29 PM »

I know I'm healed! Sure, one of my legs is missing and I'm slowly going blind, but I AM HEALED.  God uses His vessels here on earth to do His work; and but for the surgeries I've had, I'd be dead.  It was life or limb for me and by removing my leg, my life was spared - viola! HEALED!  And some day soon,  I'll leave this wheelchair behind and dance in heaven.  If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: I'd rather be serving Him from a wheelchair than have both legs and not know Him.....

Blessings -

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2005, 11:29:33 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I've been reading these posts, and I give thanks that we are simply short-term visitors here. For Christians, this world is not our home, rather our Citizenship is in Heaven with JESUS.

I give thanks for the Promises of GOD. This age will definitely come to an end at God's appointed time. GOD has also promised us Glorified Bodies for eternity, and there won't be any more pain or sorrow. Take heart Brothers and Sisters - KEEP LOOKING UP!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 12:1-2 NASB  Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Jeff Mills

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2005, 10:58:00 PM »

Let's get out there and get them saved before Jesus returns.  We got 21 saved yesterday and ONLY 2 today.   Man, I'll make up for that tomorrow!

Hesus is Lord
BLAD

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2006, 05:17:44 AM »

The first thing you should do is pray about. Ask God for guidance...  If you read the Bible, what you do here is be bold... Tell what is wrong because as i see it people in your Church have been blinded.  Confront if you need to; but, if you do you have to have a fellow Christian who stand in the thruth.

I forgot the exact verse where Paul confront the church where there is an adultery going on.  If your church will not face the problem it has; the punishment of God may be felt by all.
GKB

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2006, 06:08:21 AM »

The first thing you should do is pray about. Ask God for guidance...  If you read the Bible, what you do here is be bold... Tell what is wrong because as i see it people in your Church have been blinded.  Confront if you need to; but, if you do you have to have a fellow Christian who stand in the thruth.

I forgot the exact verse where Paul confront the church where there is an adultery going on.  If your church will not face the problem it has; the punishment of God may be felt by all.
AMEN blad. this is quite a journey i am on, very lonley, and very strange to me. i can't get much advice because i am traveling the road less traveled...but please saints of god, pray for me...i really want to be in the will of the lord jesus!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the