Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:36:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  WHAT ABOUT PASTORS WHO LET THIER CHILDREN...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHAT ABOUT PASTORS WHO LET THIER CHILDREN...  (Read 5370 times)
GKB

MY GREATEST SEEK, IS TO KNOW JESUS MORE

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2005, 01:05:19 AM »

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT PASTORS WHO ALLOW THEIR CHILDREN TO TAKE LEADERSHIP OVER YOU, EVEN WHEN THEY MAKE NO EFFORT TO LIVE HOLY? AM I WRONG FOR NOT LETTING THESE PEOPLE LAY HANDS ON ME?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 11:14:23 AM »

Hi GKB,

I'm not sure if I have welcomed you to the forum yet so I extend a warm welcome to Christians Unite.

I don't know the situation with your Pastors children that you are speaking of and don't care to know, but Pastors children should be afforded the same as anyone else in the church and not be given a position just because they are his children. If they are not properly abiding by the standards set forth in the Bible and in the church then they should not be allowed to hold a position any more than anyone else would be.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
GKB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 11:01:03 PM »

thank you for that honest reply....i can certainly respect it.
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 02:31:24 AM »

Hi GKB,

I'm not sure if I have welcomed you to the forum yet so I extend a warm welcome to Christians Unite.

I don't know the situation with your Pastors children that you are speaking of and don't care to know, but Pastors children should be afforded the same as anyone else in the church and not be given a position just because they are his children. If they are not properly abiding by the standards set forth in the Bible and in the church then they should not be allowed to hold a position any more than anyone else would be.

Pastor Roger, just to change track slighty here although it does tie in with the original post. As you know, i live in the UK so i listen to a lot of Christian radio via the internet. I was listerning to a station in Maine USA on Monday morning and the program was called walking through the bible, or something very similar to that. The teacher who was leading the lesson touched on this point and said that if churches today followed the biblical prinicapals for qualification, as set out in the new testament, for anyone in leadership within the church, meaning Pastors, deacons, elders etc, then the chuch in America (he mentioned America as this is where the program aired from, but is applicable worldwide) would see massive changes and would be so much more in tune with the Lord and for the will of his church.
I wished i had taken notes now as i could have mentioned a lot more of his points from the lesson.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 02:32:59 AM by Joey » Logged
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 09:32:44 AM »

Hi Joey,

Actually your comments tie in with the subject of this thread quite nicely. One of the requiremnets of a Pastor is to hold his family together in the ways of the Lord. If he is knowing of a fault within his family and is not inforcing this with that family then he is not doing his job correctly. If what GKB says in this thread and others he has posted then the Pastor is not complying with his Biblical duties and he needs to take action on it or step down from his position (not doubting GKBs word, just saying that I am not making judgements on it as I don't know the facts).

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
GKB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 02:16:22 AM »

A PASTORS SON JUST HAD A BABY WITH A SISTER IN THE CHURCH, AND A FEW DAYS AFTER MARRIED A DIFFERENT SISTER IN THE CHURCH. NOT TO MENTION THE SCORES OF YOUNG LADIES HE SLEEP WITH PRIOR TO THESE EXPOSING INCIDENTS. ITS NO BIG DEAL, I KNOWRIGHT FROM WRONG, I JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO HEAR OTHER VIEWS, BECAUSE THE PASTOR TRIES TO TELL ME THAT HIS SON IS JUST FRIENDLY.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 03:36:24 AM »

A PASTORS SON JUST HAD A BABY WITH A SISTER IN THE CHURCH, AND A FEW DAYS AFTER MARRIED A DIFFERENT SISTER IN THE CHURCH. NOT TO MENTION THE SCORES OF YOUNG LADIES HE SLEEP WITH PRIOR TO THESE EXPOSING INCIDENTS. ITS NO BIG DEAL, I KNOWRIGHT FROM WRONG, I JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO HEAR OTHER VIEWS, BECAUSE THE PASTOR TRIES TO TELL ME THAT HIS SON IS JUST FRIENDLY.

Hello GKB,

I would say that you are attending the wrong church, but you'll have to make that decision for yourself. As for me, I would have already left that church and found a local assembly that honors God.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 3:11-13 NASB  This was in accordance with the eternal purpose which He carried out in Christ Jesus our Lord, in whom we have boldness and confident access through faith in Him. Therefore I ask you not to lose heart at my tribulations on your behalf, for they are your glory.

GKB

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 03:55:00 AM »

blackeyedpeas, i am having such a hard time finding a good spirit filled church, its amazing. not to mention, this is the only church i have ever known, and i have learned some really good things here. but some things have turned and the lord removed me from this congregation, but i really just feel like i'm in a wilderness experience. have you ever been to a place like this?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 03:57:42 PM »

Hello GKB,

No, I've never been in a situation like that, not even close. So, it's really not fair for me to say what I would do. I can only say what I think I would do, but I can say with some degree of certainty that I wouldn't put up with something like that very long.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 111:7-8 NASB  The works of His hands are truth and justice; All His precepts are sure.  They are upheld forever and ever; They are performed in truth and uprightness.

Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 07:28:06 PM »

I'll put i this way, if God is not there, i wouldn't attend. Sometimes we need a wilderness experience in order for God to speak to us. I've not been to a formal church service like that I've known at my my old church but maybe 2 times and those were the only times when I went home. I do not go to church all the time here at college. I do not have a church home up here at college right now because I normally have other things that are pressing. However, that doesn't mean my walk has suffered any because God still gets my attention and speaks to me through other ways such as people. As far as your pastor's son, your pastor should know the requirements for being a pastor I will never be able to go back and be as comfortable there because God has opened my eyes as to some things there that aren't godly and holy....being away from my church has taught me that I should BE a witness instead of going and putting on a front sunday after sunday as so many today do. I would venture to say that you should fine a congregation that no only honors God, but has a balance with teaching the Word of God and are doctrinally sound. This may require studying and research, but I believe is it essential for the parishioner today to STUDY instead of being spoonfed. I saw such at my home church and I vowed to never be ignorant of what the Pastor is preaching or teaching such that I can personally know that what he is teaching is doctrinally sound. Hope this helps a little. Just a few thoughts.

Coram Deo,
Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2005, 09:51:25 PM »

Hello GKB,

I would say that you are attending the wrong church, but you'll have to make that decision for yourself. As for me, I would have already left that church and found a local assembly that honors God.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 3:11-13 NASB  This was in accordance with the eternal purpose which He carried out in Christ Jesus our Lord, in whom we have boldness and confident access through faith in Him. Therefore I ask you not to lose heart at my tribulations on your behalf, for they are your glory.
I have to agree with bep's. It sounds like you are in the wrong Church. I belong to a small Church, membership is now, 37.

I would suggest looking for a small, home style Church. Like mine, there is always room to grow. When I joined my Church there were only 6 members.

Resting in ther hands, of the Lord.
Bob

Proverbs 21:16 A man who wanders out of the way of understanding shall abide in the congregation of the spirits (of the dead).

GKB

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 10:07:13 PM »

THANKS JERMIDON, I APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT....AND IT CERTAINLY DESCRIBES WHERE I AM RIGHT NOW. A WILDERNESS EXPERIENCE. CONTRARY TO WHAT I WAS TAUGHT, I FEEL LIKE I'M DOING BETTER WITHOUT A CHURCH HOME THAN I'VE EVER DONE IN MY WHOLE JOURNEY.

I ALSO THANK YOU DREAMWEAVER, COINSCIDENTLY, I FEEL LIKE THE LORD IS LEADING ME TO A SMALLER CHURCH. I KNOW THIS ONE THING, I LOVE THE LORD JESUS! AND REST IN THAT FACT! YOUR INPUT IS APPRECIATED!
Jeff Mills

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2005, 11:58:35 PM »

I am new hear and hope that my input helps a bit.  I am a British missionary serving in Guatemala and was soemwhat shocked on a recent visit to Geramny to find some teenage girls scantily dressed showing their belly buttons and aslo having short skirts.  Two were pastors daughters, who led the worship.  I felt that the elders should have done soemthing but maybe their daughters were also the sa.e.  On the point of small churches, In Guatemala where I come from we ahve very large churches and i find nothign wrong with them.  We have over 28% born again Christians.   God is big, so lets think big.

Hesus is Lord
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2005, 03:16:38 PM »

Hello Mills,

WELCOME!!!

We are very happy to have you on the forum. I look forward to reading your posts and having fellowship with you. We have several missionaries who check in here with us from time to time from around the world. I must add that many members of my own family are missionaries, so I appreciate what you are doing.

I will be praying for your ministry, and I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 4:20-21 NASB  yet, with respect to the promise of God, he did not waver in unbelief but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

Jeff Mills

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2005, 03:20:11 PM »

Thank you Tom for your kind words and welcome.  I just love serving the King.

Hesus is Lord
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the