Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:23:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Their not in Heaven Yet....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Their not in Heaven Yet....  (Read 4614 times)
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2007, 01:30:29 PM »

Believe me i can & do differincuate between Spirit and Physicalness of the Word,
This isn't my 1st rodeo Brother Smiley
I think i know were your trying to come from, However, the use of the word "Grave"here, MUST be taken as Spiritual!
BECAUSE,
Some Christians dont have phyical bodies to be ressurected on that day, Some ended up coming out of the back end of Lions,
some cut in peices and scattered, Burnt to ashes, some have been put in the oceans & seas during wars and were eaten by hundreds of sharks...
And these are the ones that are spoken of when it was said that the sea shall give up it's dead ect. ect. ect.
YLBD
To me it's very easy to understand because i dont think in the Physicalness of his Words And I've searched through the Spirit with long suffering and Fasting & in Prayer the deep & mysterious  things of God for over 35 yrs. Now...
When I was a Littleboy and allready had 4 differant dads & live on welfare with drunken godless mother that helped in devouring me,ect. ect. ect.
I NEVER ONCE ASKED GOD to send me a good dad that would'nt beat me or my little sisters or that I would like some Good Food, Mustard sandwiches are getting old.. NO NOT ONCE!!
ALL's I HAVE EVER ASKED HIM FOR is knowledge in his Words and Wisdom of his Secrets.
Wait i'll look in my Bible and tell you Exactly what i've always prayed for: Knowledge, Guidence, truth & wisdom...
Let's see here, I was 10 years old and i'm still the same Littleboy...
Thank You Father
YLBD

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2007, 01:39:43 PM »

The Lord made Adam from dust, I am sure that He can raise our physical bodies no matter what condition they are in. We know that it is a resurrection of the physical body. Otherwise there would not have been the need to say that we would then be given a glorified body.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2007, 01:51:41 PM »

I have a free account with photobucket and so far I haven't seen that problem. I'm not saying it hasn't happened on mine, I just haven't seen it if it has. I wonder which code that you are using. Under each picture on the account there are four codes. I use the second one down from the top.

Oh!  I was using the bottom one because it's supposed to be for boards.  Silly Grammy.  I'll try your idea!

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2007, 02:00:02 PM »

When using the second one down be sure to use the img button here on the forum. The second button in the middle row above.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2007, 02:11:26 PM »

Believe me i can & do differincuate between Spirit and Physicalness of the Word,
This isn't my 1st rodeo Brother Smiley
I think i know were your trying to come from, However, the use of the word "Grave"here, MUST be taken as Spiritual!
BECAUSE,
Some Christians dont have phyical bodies to be ressurected on that day, Some ended up coming out of the back end of Lions,
some cut in peices and scattered, Burnt to ashes, some have been put in the oceans & seas during wars and were eaten by hundreds of sharks...
And these are the ones that are spoken of when it was said that the sea shall give up it's dead ect. ect. ect.
YLBD
To me it's very easy to understand because i dont think in the Physicalness of his Words And I've searched through the Spirit with long suffering and Fasting & in Prayer the deep & mysterious  things of God for over 35 yrs. Now...
When I was a Littleboy and allready had 4 differant dads & live on welfare with drunken godless mother that helped in devouring me,ect. ect. ect.
I NEVER ONCE ASKED GOD to send me a good dad that would'nt beat me or my little sisters or that I would like some Good Food, Mustard sandwiches are getting old.. NO NOT ONCE!!
ALL's I HAVE EVER ASKED HIM FOR is knowledge in his Words and Wisdom of his Secrets.
Wait i'll look in my Bible and tell you Exactly what i've always prayed for: Knowledge, Guidence, truth & wisdom...
Let's see here, I was 10 years old and i'm still the same Littleboy...
Thank You Father
YLBD

Hello Brother Duane,

You're thinking like a human being again. GOD doesn't need a grave and all the parts of a dead person's body put neatly in it. If I was blown up in outer space with a nuclear bomb, GOD could resurrect my body. It wouldn't make any difference if someone's body was in 10 million pieces or dust - GOD can resurrect it. This is a problem you don't need to concern yourself with. GOD said that HE would, and HE Will. It isn't your problem to decide how GOD will do it. GOD is the CREATOR - HE said HE Will do it - and we can consider it DONE! So, here's something else we can mark off our list to worry about. In fact, we can mark all things like this off our list that we don't understand and simply say, GOD does as HE pleases in Heaven and on earth. HE doesn't have any limits.

NOW - we're back to where we were before. At the Rapture, the dead in CHRIST will rise first, and HE WILL most definitely resurrect them. It isn't our problem to figure out how. GOD said HE would, and HE can and WILL!

Now we're back to studying the Holy Bible with FACTS that GOD gives us. If we get to a point we don't understand, we stay there and keep studying until we do. While we are studying, we MUST never doubt the POWER of GOD and the absolute FACT that HE always keeps HIS Promises.

Brother Duane, if we think that we have to understand everything for it to be true, we would never get beyond Genesis 1. GOD told us how HE CREATED the universe and man, but do we understand it? Our choice is to believe GOD or say it isn't true. I BELIEVE GOD! The Rapture will happen exactly as GOD describes it whether we understand it or not. We should never limit GOD with our little human brains. HE is the ALMIGHTY - I AM - THE CREATOR, and we are simply part of HIS Creation. So, the first big step is to believe GOD and forget about our limits as human beings. They don't apply to GOD!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2007, 03:59:37 PM »

Hi Brother
I don't disagree with you on God being able to ressurect a body that does'nt have any form anymore...

"NOW - we're back to where we were before. At the Rapture, the dead in CHRIST will rise first, and HE WILL most definitely resurrect them. It isn't our problem to figure out how. GOD said HE would, and HE can and WILL! by brother Tom"

I think this is in the Bible so we could know WHEN not HOW? how explains itself....
I,ve never tried to fiqure out HOW, "That" will come with a Shout from our Lord, BUT, WHEN and when has'nt happened yet, Spiritually or Physically, because that does'nt happen until he gives his shout..

And i think I understand what you've been saying: when we die our Phys. body stays here and our Spiritual body go's to the Lord and when the Rapture Happens, He'll raise our phys. bodies & our Spiritual Bodies that are with him already and put them together and create a new being such as a light or some other things, i think i've read you say.
Is this what your trying to tell me?

Don't you remember that Jesus, had his Disciples touch him AFTER he was ressurected from the Dead....
and said handle me for I AM flesh and Bones and NOT a Spirit and that he would drink & eat with them again in  Heaven, and Just before he ascended for the last time that were told of in the Bible, and after he just gave food to them, that HE cooked for them by the way...
I go and prepare a place for you and i will come BACK for you, AND if it was NOT so, I would HAVE TOLD you...
YLBD

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2007, 04:15:55 PM »

When using the second one down be sure to use the img button here on the forum. The second button in the middle row above.

Roger, Roger!  I mean, "Copy that."

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2007, 05:45:28 PM »

Hello Brother Duane,

I know this isn't easy to understand. People are used to thinking in physical terms, and that's NOT the way GOD thinks.

You forgot part of the explanation I gave, so I'll repeat it. If I physically die before CHRIST Raptures HIS CHURCH, my physical body will be in a grave, BUT that isn't me. My physical body is dead but I'm not. I'm absent from the body and present with the LORD.

Here's an illustration that might help you understand. Many sea creatures have a shell. They leave those shells when they get too big for them, and they leave the shell behind. For Christians, our physical body is like that shell that we leave behind.

Let's assume my physical body has been in the grave for 10 years and CHRIST comes to Rapture the CHURCH. HE will resurrect my old body from out of that grave and change it to a glorified body. Those who are caught up alive will also be changed. Flesh and blood can't inherit the things that await us in Heaven. The Bible tells us that we will be given a Body like the one CHRIST has, but it doesn't give many details. Many places in the Bible speak of CHRIST as LIGHT. I've guessed that our Glorified Body might be light, but that's just a guess. All we really know is that it won't be flesh and blood.

Brother Duane, we think right now mainly in a physical way, and that's a very limited way of thinking. We think now mainly about what we can see, hear, feel, touch, and smell. These are extremely LIMITED senses compared to what we will experience for Eternity. We certainly don't understand everything, and we won't until GOD reveals them to us. We think like humans, and that's absolutely NOTHING compared to the way that GOD thinks.

Humans do mainly think in physical ways because that's what we know, BUT we don't know very much. As an example, you and I might say that we're citizens of the U.S., but we're NOT if we are Christians. Our citizenship is in Heaven - NOT this world. We know this is true, but do we understand it completely? If you're reading this from your house, you might think that you're home, but you're NOT HOME at all. This world isn't our home - we're just passing through as Christians. We also know this is the unquestioned TRUTH, but that doesn't mean that we completely understand it. We won't understand it until we get HOME. The real and complete TRUTH is more beautiful than human beings can comprehend.

Think about a few more things. As Christians, we are Children of the KING OF KINGS, but we're not HOME yet and we haven't been given our full inheritance. GOD keeps all of HIS Promises Perfectly. Being IN THE BODY OF CHRIST is just as REAL as being in this physical body. One is temporary and one is Eternal.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 3:20-21 NASB
For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;  who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.

1 Corinthians 12:27 NASB
Now you are Christ's body, and individually members of it.

Ephesians 1:18-23 NASB
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Ephesians 4:4-6 NASB
There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=
The Bible tells us that we will be given a Body like the one CHRIST has, but it doesn't give many details. Many places in the Bible speak of CHRIST as LIGHT. I've guessed that our Glorified Body might be light, but that's just a guess. All we really know is that it won't be flesh and blood.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I THINK I'LL BELIEVE JESUS ON THIS ONE BROTHER,  this is so you don't have to GUESS,
You will have a physical body that eats & drinks and that can apear & disapear JUST as our Lord Did and Does...
This Scripture speaks for it's self and needs no debate from me any longer
Luke 24:
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

YLBD

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2007, 11:44:51 PM »

1 Corinthians 15:50-58 NASB
Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory. "O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O  DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.

Hello Brother Duane,

Maybe you're confusing Heaven with the Millennial Kingdom on earth. I don't know, but I'm through trying to explain it to you. Go back to the basics and read it for yourself. If you're reading something other than the Bible that has you all confused, throw it away and start over with just the Bible. I say this because I've seen what had to be deleted. I'll state the plain truth from the Bible, and you can take it or leave it.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Timothy 2:15 NASB
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2007, 08:52:25 AM »

Hi Littleboy.
I can understand the verses that are convincing you of what you obviously so strongly believe.  I think that the Lord appeared, after he rose again, in human form to prove to the finite human minds that He truly had risen.  And he stayed that way for the 40 extra days that he was on earth appearing to many.  He couldn't appear as a spirit could he?
However once he ascended into Heaven that changed.  Read John's description of the Lord in Revelation.

In Christ,
Grammyluv

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2007, 09:31:12 AM »

He couldn't appear as a spirit could he?

Let me add a little to that.  If Jesus had appeared in his glorified body on earth can you imagine the panic that would've caused the population?  The Pharisees and others that were against Him would've probably claimed that there was a demon terrorizing the countryside.  He would not have been approachable either.  No, he had to appear as the Jesus that everyone KNEW in order to prove that it was He and that He was alive and risen.

In Christ,
Grammyluv

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2007, 09:45:06 AM »

37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

You can see from the verses that you have used here, how afraid they were anyway.  Their human minds still had a hard time comprehending that Jesus had risen.  They had all seen him die and buried.  As it was, in his human form again, it was unbelievable that He was actually standing with them ALIVE again.  He had to show them His wounds, etc in order for them to believe that it was really Him.

Now if you read John's description of Jesus in Revelation, Jesus appreared totally different.  He is in "God" form now and totally terrified John so that he fell down.  Jesus could hardly have appeared on earth that way now could he?
Do you see where I going with this, my friend?
I don't know if this will help you but I hope it does.

In Christ,
Grammyluv

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the