Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:20:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Their not in Heaven Yet....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Their not in Heaven Yet....  (Read 4611 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 11:30:06 PM »

Yes that is a difficult thing. Written words do not have the rest that goes with understanding the intent or meaning.

btw, Speaking of not understanding what someone has written  ...   When I first noticed your YLBD it didn't dawn on me what it meant. I realize now it stands for "Your Loving Brother Duane" but when I first saw it I recognized it as a Hebrew word that means "two cakes" and I couldn't imagine why you would have "two cakes" there.   Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 12:05:12 AM »

" but when I first saw it I recognized it as a Hebrew word that means "two cakes" and I couldn't imagine why you would have "two cakes" there.   Grin Grin

Two cakes??!!  Can I have one?     

Let us fight the good fight!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 12:10:19 AM »

OH never mind.  I want this one....

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2007, 12:14:50 AM »

Why does this silly thing do this to me?  I even preview it and everything and sometimes I get this ol' dumb thing!
Good Grief

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2007, 12:31:31 AM »

YES!
YLBD for everyone!
Thank You Lord I Like that...
And Thank you for revealing that to me you guy's...
Yes that is a difficult thing. Written words do not have the rest that goes with understanding the intent or meaning.

btw, Speaking of not understanding what someone has written  ...   When I first noticed your YLBD it didn't dawn on me what it meant. I realize now it stands for "Your Loving Brother Duane" but when I first saw it I recognized it as a Hebrew word that means "two cakes" and I couldn't imagine why you would have "two cakes" there.   Grin Grin

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 01:13:00 AM »

Oh!  And now the banner shows up.  Before it was some sort of photoshop ad that was showing!
Excuse me while I do an exorcisim on my computer!

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 01:23:51 AM »

Does anyone else see this?  One minute it's my cute little "I want cake" banner and the next it's a photobucket upgrade ad!

Oh just stand aside while I jump off the Cliffs of Insanity!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 01:46:56 AM »

Grin   Grin    ROFL!

Hello Grammyluv,

I don't know what Photobucket allows on bandwidth or what time frame they base it on. I have the pay account and have tons of graphics and photos there. I think it's $25 a year, and I didn't want to worry, especially about family photos. I know some folks with free accounts who have never seen that "bandwidth exceeded" message, but I guess it depends on how many people in a day view all of the graphics and photos you have posted in all locations.

Love In Christ,
Tom

KEEP LOOKING UP!!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2007, 02:20:19 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I want to add a couple of comments on this thread. First, let's step back about 10 paces and handle the most simple things first. There are some issues in this thread that involve long and complex Bible Study. Let's deal with the simple things first, especially what pertains to us.

So, here we go. I'm a Christian, and I know what will happen if I physically die before JESUS comes to Rapture HIS CHURCH. Here's what happens - plain and simple:

1 - I will be absent from the body and present with the LORD. The Scripture that provides proof for this is already posted in this thread.

2 - My current physical body is like a tent that I'm temporarily using in this short life. Flesh and blood can't inherit the things that GOD has waiting for Christians. In other words, my current physical body WILL NOT be going to Heaven. If the Rapture happens while I live, my physical body will be changed to a glorified body. If the Rapture happens after I die, my physical body will be resurrected and changed to a glorified body. I give thanks that I will be through with this flesh and blood body.

3 - I am NOT this current physical body that you see me currently using. I am the soul and spirit inside the body. My spirit is eternal, and that is me. I'm a Christian, so I belong to JESUS CHRIST. I only need this broken body for this short life, and I give thanks that GOD will give me a Glorified Body like the one JESUS CHRIST has. I don't want to take this body of pain to Heaven, and GOD has promised that we won't be.

So, the most important first step in understanding the issues in this thread is knowing that Christians only use these flesh and bone bodies in this life. Second, we must know that many Scriptures are NOT talking about the flesh and bone part of us. This flesh and bone physical body is part of the "OLD MAN" that won't be going to heaven. We wouldn't want it anyway compared to what GOD has waiting for us.

Let's stop right here for now and try to understand this first and most important FACT. Go back and read the Scriptures with this FACT in mind. If I die right now, I go to be with JESUS CHRIST right NOW, and I leave this body behind. GOD will give me a glorified body at HIS Appointed time, but I'm through with this weak, sick, and broken physical body I temporarily use right now. Forget any other issues like the Old Testament Saints right now and concentrate first on the simple things that deal specifically with us.

If a Christian physically dies before the Rapture, he or she is absent from the body and present with the LORD. Let's understand this first and not think of anything else, and then we'll go on.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 5:5-8 NASB
Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge. Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord -- for we walk by faith, not by sight -- we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2007, 09:19:36 AM »

Grin   Grin    ROFL!

Hello Grammyluv,

I don't know what Photobucket allows on bandwidth or what time frame they base it on. I have the pay account and have tons of graphics and photos there. I think it's $25 a year, and I didn't want to worry, especially about family photos. I know some folks with free accounts who have never seen that "bandwidth exceeded" message, but I guess it depends on how many people in a day view all of the graphics and photos you have posted in all locations.

Love In Christ,
Tom

KEEP LOOKING UP!!

Well I'm so broke I can't pay attention.  I just have access to the free stuff and plain ol' dial up.  Maybe they are doing that to me after so many uses trying to get me to sign up or something.

Brothers and Sisters,

I want to add a couple of comments on this thread. First, let's step back about 10 paces and handle the most simple things first. There are some issues in this thread that involve long and complex Bible Study. Let's deal with the simple things first, especially what pertains to us.

So, here we go. I'm a Christian, and I know what will happen if I physically die before JESUS comes to Rapture HIS CHURCH. Here's what happens - plain and simple:

1 - I will be absent from the body and present with the LORD. The Scripture that provides proof for this is already posted in this thread.

2 - My current physical body is like a tent that I'm temporarily using in this short life. Flesh and blood can't inherit the things that GOD has waiting for Christians. In other words, my current physical body WILL NOT be going to Heaven. If the Rapture happens while I live, my physical body will be changed to a glorified body. If the Rapture happens after I die, my physical body will be resurrected and changed to a glorified body. I give thanks that I will be through with this flesh and blood body.

3 - I am NOT this current physical body that you see me currently using. I am the soul and spirit inside the body. My spirit is eternal, and that is me. I'm a Christian, so I belong to JESUS CHRIST. I only need this broken body for this short life, and I give thanks that GOD will give me a Glorified Body like the one JESUS CHRIST has. I don't want to take this body of pain to Heaven, and GOD has promised that we won't be.

So, the most important first step in understanding the issues in this thread is knowing that Christians only use these flesh and bone bodies in this life. Second, we must know that many Scriptures are NOT talking about the flesh and bone part of us. This flesh and bone physical body is part of the "OLD MAN" that won't be going to heaven. We wouldn't want it anyway compared to what GOD has waiting for us.

Let's stop right here for now and try to understand this first and most important FACT. Go back and read the Scriptures with this FACT in mind. If I die right now, I go to be with JESUS CHRIST right NOW, and I leave this body behind. GOD will give me a glorified body at HIS Appointed time, but I'm through with this weak, sick, and broken physical body I temporarily use right now. Forget any other issues like the Old Testament Saints right now and concentrate first on the simple things that deal specifically with us.

If a Christian physically dies before the Rapture, he or she is absent from the body and present with the LORD. Let's understand this first and not think of anything else, and then we'll go on.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge. Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord -- for we walk by faith, not by sight -- we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

No argument there.  I'm with ya brother!

By the way, you sure started something with your "polls" over there!  I guess I'm not the only one that can stir things up!
Cheers!
In Christ,
Grammyluv

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 09:24:49 AM »

Oh!  And now the banner shows up.  Before it was some sort of photoshop ad that was showing!
Excuse me while I do an exorcisim on my computer!
Does anyone else see this?  One minute it's my cute little "I want cake" banner and the next it's a photobucket upgrade ad!

You are too Funny.
YLBD
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 09:27:19 AM »

I have a free account with photobucket and so far I haven't seen that problem. I'm not saying it hasn't happened on mine, I just haven't seen it if it has. I wonder which code that you are using. Under each picture on the account there are four codes. I use the second one down from the top.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2007, 09:29:18 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Love In Christ,
Tom

Amen. It couldn't have been better said and more simply put.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 10:11:40 AM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2007, 10:14:19 AM »

WHO will be left to be ressurected from the dead IF you go to Heaven When you Die?

So if i get this right, After i die i'm floating around with God waitng for that Blink of an eye so all my family can come join me..OUGH BOY
The FACT is, THAT if everyone was to go to Heaven when they died there would be NO reason for the Ressurection of the dead GOOD or BAD...
Who would be left here to be called 1st & to meet us that are Alive in Christ, in the Clouds?
By your interpitation NO one would be left here to be called, Except for the ones Livng and waiting for his shout?
YLBD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2007, 12:05:16 PM »

WHO will be left to be ressurected from the dead IF you go to Heaven When you Die?

So if i get this right, After i die i'm floating around with God waitng for that Blink of an eye so all my family can come join me..OUGH BOY
The FACT is, THAT if everyone was to go to Heaven when they died there would be NO reason for the Ressurection of the dead GOOD or BAD...
Who would be left here to be called 1st & to meet us that are Alive in Christ, in the Clouds?
By your interpitation NO one would be left here to be called, Except for the ones Livng and waiting for his shout?
YLBD

Hello Brother Duane,

I know this isn't easy to understand. People are used to thinking in physical terms, and that's NOT the way GOD thinks.

You forgot part of the explanation I gave, so I'll repeat it. If I physically die before CHRIST Raptures HIS CHURCH, my physical body will be in a grave, BUT that isn't me. My physical body is dead but I'm not. I'm absent from the body and present with the LORD.

Here's an illustration that might help you understand. Many sea creatures have a shell. They leave those shells when they get too big for them, and they leave the shell behind. For Christians, our physical body is like that shell that we leave behind.

Let's assume my physical body has been in the grave for 10 years and CHRIST comes to Rapture the CHURCH. HE will resurrect my old body from out of that grave and change it to a glorified body. Those who are caught up alive will also be changed. Flesh and blood can't inherit the things that await us in Heaven. The Bible tells us that we will be given a Body like the one CHRIST has, but it doesn't give many details. Many places in the Bible speak of CHRIST as LIGHT. I've guessed that our Glorified Body might be light, but that's just a guess. All we really know is that it won't be flesh and blood.

Brother Duane, we think right now mainly in a physical way, and that's a very limited way of thinking. We think now mainly about what we can see, hear, feel, touch, and smell. These are extremely LIMITED senses compared to what we will experience for Eternity. We certainly don't understand everything, and we won't until GOD reveals them to us. We think like humans, and that's absolutely NOTHING compared to the way that GOD thinks.

Humans do mainly think in physical ways because that's what we know, BUT we don't know very much. As an example, you and I might say that we're citizens of the U.S., but we're NOT if we are Christians. Our citizenship is in Heaven - NOT this world. We know this is true, but do we understand it completely? If you're reading this from your house, you might think that you're home, but you're NOT HOME at all. This world isn't our home - we're just passing through as Christians. We also know this is the unquestioned TRUTH, but that doesn't mean that we completely understand it. We won't understand it until we get HOME. The real and complete TRUTH is more beautiful than human beings can comprehend.

Think about a few more things. As Christians, we are Children of the KING OF KINGS, but we're not HOME yet and we haven't been given our full inheritance. GOD keeps all of HIS Promises Perfectly. Being IN THE BODY OF CHRIST is just as REAL as being in this physical body. One is temporary and one is Eternal.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 3:20-21 NASB
For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;  who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.

1 Corinthians 12:27 NASB
Now you are Christ's body, and individually members of it.

Ephesians 1:18-23 NASB
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Ephesians 4:4-6 NASB
There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the