Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:51:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The lesser of two evils? really....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The lesser of two evils? really....  (Read 6284 times)
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 09:31:59 AM »

Amen

We should take up our ballot and cast it.  A vote for no one is better than no vote at all. 

What many of you who do not go to the polls to vote do not realize is that the presidential position is not the only one on the ballot.  There are tons of local positions as well as legislative laws that are being put on the ballot for your local government as well.  So just because you do not like either of the big 2 parties, so you opt to not vote means you could care less also what is happening in the local community and your state.

And you know what...you can always write in a candidate. 

As far as being misled by the administration.  One thing I think is completely hilarious is that people will hold the administration responsible for actions 4 years ago for evidence found 4 days ago, and then try and say the administration was misleading.  When we went to Iraq you have to look at the evidence we had at that time.  Anything discovered after the fact cannot apply to the discisions of the past.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 10:46:59 AM »

Amen Brother Jerry,

There is a lot of gross hypocrisy on the part of many who complain the loudest about the President, and I love to hear and see the replays of their previous stance in agreement that shows them for what they are.

Here's something else to consider:  1) The whole world thought they KNEW that Saddam had WMD, and he certainly did at one time because he used them; 2) Maybe the President is in a political position where he can't tell the public everything because of what it would do to world politics and peace.

Example:  The Russians moved the WMD out of Iraq shortly before the invasion.

Example:  France and Germany have very dirty hands in what they did before the war that was a violation of U.N. Sanctions.

Example: France, Germany, Russia, and China all sold weapons to Iraq and had ample motives for many things to remain hidden. So why hasn't the President told the American people that the Russians moved the WMD to the Becca Valley before the invasion? Why hasn't tons of other information with hard documentation been released to the entire world?   HERE'S WHY: It would destabilize the entire world, end diplomacy of many kinds, and clearly label countries for what they were. Relations would probably never be healed and normalized ever again.

UM? How many of the loudest critics know this beyond any doubt? This isn't the ranting of a conspiracy nut. Anyone can dig a little bit and see for themselves, including satellite photos of the Russians moving the WMD. What can and can't be done in world politics many times involves measuring the probable consequences of airing everything to the entire world. That's why many things will remain Top Secret and locked away for many years. Airing the proof would certainly help President Bush and the Republican party, but it wouldn't be worth a world war with Russian and China.

The hypocrisy regarding the war against terror is mind-boggling. Democrats would have us believe that Iraq is NOT part of the war against terror. NEWS FLASH: Iraq is running over with terrorists, and they have decided to make a world stand there. IRAQ is the CENTER of the war against TERROR, and anyone trying to deny that is either a liar or a moron. We must remember that the terrorists came to us on 9-11 to our soil. They want to do so again very badly, but we have them pretty busy in other parts of the world. It is completely true - FIGHT THEM THERE OR FIGHT THEM HERE!

YES, there were mistakes made, but here's the real reason why there is so much division in this country:

1 - Hating BUSH because he is a CHRISTIAN and stands against abortion, same sex marriage, and other sacred objects of the LEFT is enough for them to do anything to make BUSH look bad, including the manipulated loss of the war in Iraq.

2 - The plan of the left is very simple, and they have a very complicated plan: they are against BUSH and against any legislator who sides with him on nearly anything. Other than this, they don't have a plan.

3 - The primarily "HEAVILY LEFT MAINSTREAM MEDIA" hates BUSH for the same reason that most of Hollywood hates Bush. BUSH is a Christian who has taken a stand on many sacred issues of the far left. SO, he and anyone with him must be beaten, discredited, and run out of Washington. How dare him and the Republicans take a stance against abortion and same sex marriage. How dare them take a moral stance on anything!

4 - It's absolutely amazing that many are willing to commit treason for a few days of political gain. It's fine to endanger the entire country to get BUSH and anyone with him out of Washington. SO, we have representatives leaking National Security Secrets, voting against the Patriot Act, and standing as obstructionists for many common sense measures to defend the country. Look at the details and the issues:  1) the average American would demand that NSA listen to attempted communications between terrorists wanting to kill people in America. Those who voted against this were simply voting with a sole motive - HATE BUSH - not protect the country.

5 - Reference scandals, this one is extremely simple: REGARDLESS OF AFFILIATION - KICK THEM OUT AND PROSECUTE THE TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW. PUNISH THE GUILTY - NOT THE INNOCENT. There is also a lot of hypocrisy here. The Abramhoff scandal was supposed to be a Republican scandal, but many Democrats took the pay-off money. SO, why are the Democrats taking pay-off money treated differently than the Republicans. KICK THEM ALL OUT AND PROSECUTE THEM. Being out of office and spending time in prison should have nothing to do with affiliation. AND - HERE'S A BIG ONE: why are sex scandals and other scandals handled one way for Democrats and a MUCH HARSHER way for Republicans. I could care less about who they are affiliated with - TREAT THEM ALL ALIKE - KICK THEM OUT - PUT THEM IN PRISON!

6 - LAST BUT NOT LEAST: Why would any major political party in America make it part of their platform that the mass murder of abortions will continue and same sex marriage is just fine. There's really much more, but this is more than enough. (1) Have they lost their mind and their morals? (2) Do they really think that voters will buy this GARBAGE?

Sadly, many did or they didn't realize the direction the Democratic party wanted to take this country in. BLUNTLY - the direction is without GOD and without MORALS.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Corinthians 3:16 NASB  Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 10:51:31 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006, 03:00:30 PM »

Amen to all of that BEP

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2006, 09:35:10 PM »

Another Amen Brother Tom!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Florida_Catholic

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2006, 10:52:12 PM »

I agree with those whoe made statements about everyone voting - it's essential that our voices are heard to make sure that policy is set in a way that is consistent with Christ's teachings.

In this context, I am apalled by the adamant defenses of the Republican party.  Please recognize that conspiracy theories are not a defense, they are a delusion to make a defense without fact.  The claim that the Republican party is a victims of a world that's out to get them is absolutely outrageous.  The Republican party controls all three branches of government.  They have to be held accountable for their absolutely awful performance.  By every metric this government is being managed poorly.  Why have the Republicans so poorly advanced the issues you mentioned?  Don't you sense that you're being strung along by Republican promises that never come to fruition?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2006, 11:12:29 PM »

Not at all. It takes a long time to undo the damage that has been done to this country in the last 40+ years and to fight such groups as the ACLU in the courts at the exact same time.

There has been a lot accomplished so far considering all this and if it hadn't been for the Republicans being in office things would be much worse by now. If the democrats were in office the ACLU would be controlling this nation even more so than they already do, along with Muslims and abortionists. We certainly would have had another 911 or worse. The economy would also be much worse if the democrats take control of Cpngress.

You're still trying hard FC but to no avail. The facts and figures out weigh your feeble attempts.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 08:16:28 AM »

If the democrats were in office the ACLU would be controlling this nation even more so than they already do, along with Muslims and abortionists. We certainly would have had another 911 or worse. The economy would also be much worse if the democrats take control of Congress.

EXACTLY

You're still trying hard FC but to no avail. The facts and figures out weigh your feeble attempts.

AMEN PR.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 09:32:53 AM »

Agreed.  And as far as the stringing along for the ride type of thing and deceptions and such.  Well that comes from politics all together and Democrats are just as guilty as Republicans or Green Party, or any other for that matter.

I will admit that there are deceivers in our government.  There are folks in office that are there just for the power and the glory.  And it is a shame that they have left the people they are to represent behind.  And if they are in regions that I have a say in then I can say that I will write them and call them on their bluff, and I will also no longer vote for them. 

Please recognize that conspiracy theories are not a defense, they are a delusion to make a defense without fact.

Please remember that same statement because a vast majority of the propaganda that the media is putting out there about current administration is just that, conspiracy theories.  Baseless attacks and accusations that have no confirmed facts behind them.  And do not be decieved that when the media gets some information from an "unnamed, unknown official" that it is some high ranked official or anything of that nature.  And if that "unnamed, unknown official" seems to have some high level information then you can bet that the official is a low ranked secretary or janitor or something like that trying to get a buck or two off of a story.  Those that are high enough to know the core sensitive secrets know better and know they would not remain "unknown or unnamed" for long.  And if this source was so high on the mighty to want "the truth" out then get out and say it.  put the cloak and dagger act in the closet.

And do not be so niave to think that the plans and programs that one President puts into place garners immediate gains.  With our political, economic, and social machine we call this country it can take 8-16 years before programs implemented to reach the final stages of the plan.  Do you think it was Clinton who balanced the budget and got extra money those years?  No because anything doen those years as far as the economy would not show up for several years to come.  What we say at the end of that was some of the return from the Reagan/Bush administration.  The current administrations "No Child Left Behind" plan is still in it infancy and people are knocking it left and right already.  It will take it years (8-16) before the fruits of that labor are apparent.  That is if the plan is left alone.  But I bet you a Democrat will win this election and one of the first things to go will be NCLB.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 12:55:22 PM »

Most Christians are smart enough to see what's been going on. Obstruction from the Democrats is only one part of the dirty story. One-way reporting by the mainstream media who is nearly ALL LEFT is another part of the puzzle. From there it gets ugly with many measures to see anything fail that has to do with Bush. Here we would be talking about leaking of carefully selected portions of classified materials by those committing treason for political gain. The result was the weakening of this nation and our ability to defend our country. One doesn't need to be a genius to put everything together and see a desperate Democratic party willing to commit treason and any other crime to manipulate voters. It has and will backfire.

In the meantime, the Democratic platform hasn't changed. It's still for abortion, same sex marriage, and many other measures that will take this country further away from GOD and morals. The ACLU loves the Democrats, so this should tell Christians more than enough. There are just as many or more Democrats involved in scandals, but they aren't getting the publicity that the Republicans get. The Republicans involved in scandals are gone, but the Democrats involved in scandals are promoted.

I, for one don't believe that the Democrats are going to take anything, not the House and not the Senate. All the voters need to do is become informed, look at the Democratic platform, and listen to what they've already said they will do if they take power. The first job will be the elimination of tax cuts that will:

1 - Effect every American - regardless of what income target the Democrats say they are talking about.

2 - Slow down and reverse a booming economy that is setting records almost every day now.

The next job will be to initiate a ton of investigations and create a do-nothing House and Senate. Then the work would proceed with the Democratic platform to reverse any progress to end abortions, stop same sex marriage, and stop progress on any other moral issue. They would also cut and run from Iraq, completely ignorant of the horrible results. "Cut and Run" is an accurate and very appropriate term. Winning and finishing the job is the only outcome that WON'T result in terrorists being emboldened and coming to our own soil. BUT, we would be encouraged with the fact that Nancy Pelosi would be in charge, and she could always activate the Gay Pride Parade to turn back the invaders.   Shocked   Shocked   Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2006, 01:18:14 PM »

From The Federalist Patriot

FREE E-mail Subscription:  http://FederalistPatriot.US/subscribe/

THE LAST WORD

“Thomas Sowell says the question for this election is not whether you or your candidate is Republican or Democrat but whether you’re ‘serious’ or ‘frivolous.’ A lot of Americans, and not just their sorry excuse for a professional press corps, are in the mood for frivolity. It’s like going to the theater. Do you really want to sit through that searing historical drama from the Royal Shakespeare Company? Or would you rather be at the sex comedy next door? In the 1990s, Americans opted for the sex comedy—or so they thought. But in reality the searing historical drama carried on; it was always there, way off in the background, behind the yuk-it-up narcissist trouser-dropper staggering around downstage. The mood of the times was to kick the serious stuff down the road so we could get back to President Lounge Act offering to feel our pain. With North Korea, the people delegated to kick the can a few years ahead—Madeleine Albright, Jimmy Carter are now back, writing self-congratulatory op-eds about their genius and foresight. Not at all. Albright’s much-touted ‘agreement’ was a deal whereby Washington agreed to prop up a flailing basket-case state in order to enable it to buy enough time to become a serious destabilizing threat to its neighbors and beyond. Many of our present woes—not least Iran—derive explicitly from the years when Carter embodied the American ‘superpower’ as a smiling eunuch... Life isn’t a night on Broadway where you can decide you’re not in the mood for ‘Henry V’ and everyone seems to be having a much better time at ‘La Cage Aux Foley’.” —Mark Steyn

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2006, 01:34:07 PM »

The ACLU loves the Democrats

Let's not forget the full support of islamic terrorists for Democrats also. Think about this one for a bit. Why would islamic terrorists support any American political party? It doesn't take a whole lot of intelligence to figure it out.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2006, 03:40:52 PM »

Let's not forget the full support of islamic terrorists for Democrats also. Think about this one for a bit. Why would islamic terrorists support any American political party? It doesn't take a whole lot of intelligence to figure it out.

YES - I heard a news story on this today.

Cut and run is the only strategy I've heard from the Democrats on terrorists. Maybe the Democrats think that a group hug and telling the terrorists to be good boys will work. It really doesn't take much common sense to determine the facts. They came to us on 9-11, and they will continue to come to us unless we keep them busy in other parts of the world.

Radical Islam has declared war against us for decades, and they obviously meant what they said. If we don't go to them and engage them, they will come to us and engage us on our own soil. It's incredibly simple. THERE IS NO RUNNING FROM IT! We simply have choices about where and how to deal with the ABSOLUTE FACTS!

I find it absolutely amazing that Democrats try desperately to disassociate the war in Iraq and the war on terrorism. DUH?? The absolute center of the war against terrorism is Iraq. DUH?? - Iraq is where most of the terrorists are right now - so, if we want to fight terrorists, Iraq would be a logical place to do it! Israel has also fought terrorists from Lebanon, Syria, and Iran. Anyone using common sense might conclude that we are dead center of the place that we need to be IF WE WANT TO FIGHT TERRORISTS!

By the way, we won't be given a choice about whether or not we want to fight a war against terrorists. That choice has already been made by the terrorists. For us, it's simply a matter of choosing where the battles will take place and trying to consider the safety of our families on our own soil. Our outstanding Armed Forces have and will fight these terrorists anywhere in the world, AND THEY WILL WIN if we get behind them and support them. If the Democrats get their way, we will be fighting terrorists on our own soil. DUH?? - I think that's what the terrorists want. There won't be a place left to run, and our outstanding Armed Services will NOT be able to protect all of the innocent people on our own soil. If and when this happens, it won't be because our ARMED FORCES LOST - it will be because they weren't supported when they had the opportunity to fight terrorists on our terms - not the terrorists' terms.

The ONLY way our outstanding Armed Forces will lose is if we make them lose. For whatever illogical reasons, the Democrats want us to lose, AND THE PRICE WILL BE HORRIBLE IF THEY GET THEIR WAY!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2006, 04:23:34 PM »

The majority of these people are the same ones that caused the war in Viet Nam to collapse against us and it is in the exact same manner that they are handling the war on terrorism. Some people just never learn from their own mistakes.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2006, 02:36:48 AM »

The majority of these people are the same ones that caused the war in Viet Nam to collapse against us and it is in the exact same manner that they are handling the war on terrorism. Some people just never learn from their own mistakes.

Pastor Roger,

I don't know if we learned anything from Viet Nam or not.

We broke our promises

We lost our honor.

Our country was humiliated.

Over 3 million innocent people died because we left.

Members of our Armed Forces were treated like dirt.

The list goes on and on and on, and the same would be true of Korea. The problem appears to be that many confuse law enforcement actions with military actions. As an example, terrorists are NOT a law enforcement problem, and they never will be. Law enforcement in America is NOT manned, equipped, or trained to deal with terrorists. Law enforcement is NOT adequately manned or equipped to take care of crime and every day situations. It would be very foolish for anyone to think that law enforcement in this country could handle an invasion of terrorists.

Here's a NEWS FLASH for everyone: Many terrorists are already here, and more are arriving by the day. The weakening of our defenses by leaking tactics and other secrets will play a major role. The many acts of treason have hurt this country in more ways than anyone can imagine. Here's the rest of the sad NEWS FLASH: there will be a war fought on our soil, and nobody knows the magnitude yet. Everyone will be forced to face the facts and think differently after it starts - AND IT WILL START!

The LEFT will try to place the blame everywhere except where it belongs - themselves. Obstruction and treason always have terrible costs, and those costs will be paid, regardless of what happens in the next election. It's already too late to reverse the damage. The American people may soon understand all of the issues, and they will learn in a harsh manner with terrorists being the instructors.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2006, 04:57:52 AM »

Unfortunately all that is so very true.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the